Moz's Real Problem?

He never died young. He should have put out the Smiths stuff then died tragically a la Richey Manic (yes, he's dead, please don't argue), in some decadent melodramatic fashion. Or he should have given it up young a la Rimbaud. But he never did and now his output is spotty and sporadic, albeit undeniably brilliant in places, and he knows it too. The ambivalence/bitterness towards the fans of YoR is both disturbing and boring. A death in his 20s would have been so much better for an unvarnished untarnished 'genius poet' image. Oh well, too late now.

Last edited:
Re: Know Moz's Real Problem?

You're absolutely right. I don't know how anyone on this forum made do in life without your elucidating input.

Why don't you kill him, then?

Last edited:

Course I'm an idiot. I listen to Moz, don't I?

Am afraid you have no idea of what you are talking about and the reality is that sadly . . . . you do not know, that you do not know.

Tu es beau M.:)

Go boil yer head.:rolleyes:

Moz gets better with age.:cool:

If only Morrissey had ever been as artistically significant as Richey Manic...

:straightface:

Are you being serious or joking? Because I don't know...

I find this thread interesting but also disturbingly weird. I also believe that an early death would have given him this special status, but I really don't believe in all this die-young-preferably-at-27-rock'n'roll-legend-thing.
It's mainly just good publicity which makes people buy more records and has nothing to do with the actual significance of the artist.
It's just about commercial success after the artist's death and what the media constructs out of that. But you all know that.
It might be "cool" and mysterious, but how could it be a good thing if a great artist dies young and never gets to unfold her/his full potential?

On a side note, I believe that this world will first after Morrissey's death realise what an outstanding artist he was. Because, in my opinion, he has until now not gotten the respect that he actually deserves. But that's not because of the publicity his death might bring, but because the world might finally be ready for him at some point of time.

Yes, if Morrissey had 'done a Plath' in his Kensington&Chelsea mansion flat in the Autumn of '87 he'd be bigger than Jesus now...or at least bigger than Joy Division....definitely bigger than Jobriath, I think. We may even have had a 'Control' type hagiography. 'Plimsoll ~ the story of Morrissey and The Smiths'
What a loss! :rolleyes:
Might've been a bit of a blow though for his mother. And father. And sister. And nephews. :straightface:

I like to believe that Richey is still alive.:(

I like to believe that Richey is still alive.:(
I definitely saw him in Buchanan Bus Station in Glasgow, November 1996, sitting in Bay # 52, for destinations including Newport and Cardiff. I'm not in any doubt, then or now. He had a massive black beard, but there was no disguising those eyes. I saw him, he saw me and he knew that I knew. I hung around to watch him from far away for a bit, but I lost sight of him and he disappeared.
God knows where he is now, but I know he didn't go into the Severn in February 1995.

He never died young. He should have put out the Smiths stuff then died tragically a la Richey Manic (yes, he's dead, please don't argue)

Please don't argue you say? Why's that - because you're aware that you've no concrete evidence to back up your claim perhaps?

Listen you simpleton sex-repellant, don't show up with your pathetic statements like they're f***ing gospel. As someone who has a close friend who was one of the few people who really got to know Richey as a person, I've seen how hurt and distraught the whole thing has made them. They will always believe until the day that a body is found that Richey is alive because sometimes hope is what truly gets you through. So when morons like you show up and try and make out that you have the final word on something as important as this then you're insulting those that knew Richey, those that adored his work and those that simply care about human life.

In summary, f*** you.

:straightface:

Are you being serious or joking? Because I don't know...

I find this thread interesting but also disturbingly weird. I also believe that an early death would have given him this special status, but I really don't believe in all this die-young-preferably-at-27-rock'n'roll-legend-thing.
It's mainly just good publicity which makes people buy more records and has nothing to do with the actual significance of the artist.
It's just about commercial success after the artist's death and what the media constructs out of that. But you all know that.
It might be "cool" and mysterious, but how could it be a good thing if a great artist dies young and never gets to unfold her/his full potential?

On a side note, I believe that this world will first after Morrissey's death realise what an outstanding artist he was. Because, in my opinion, he has until now not gotten the respect that he actually deserves. But that's not because of the publicity his death might bring, but because the world might finally be ready for him at some point of time.

I really wish I could add something to this, but I can't. It states my thoughts exactly. :)

my 2 cents:

f*** Fame!

Probably all on the board will agree with me this once
in that I congratulate him on (and preferring him) to have stayed alive.

Famouswhendead.jpg

:clap: This too. :D

Are you joking, aren't you?
If you don't like Morrissey why are you joining this forum? Does your post really necessary? I've made these questions only for undertandinf what you think.

Morrissey said in 2004 he didn't know how he lives so much. There's a line on "In the future when all's well" when he makes this same question.

Tags
i know yourrealproblem
Back
Top Bottom