Morrissey the Wrestler

G

goinghome

I can't see a date on this blarney so excuse me if it's already come and gone. It's like one of our dreams!

" ATLANTA—This past Thursday night, world famous singer, Morrissey, made a surprise appearance at Philips Arena in Atlanta, during a WWE sanctioned wrestling match between champion Randy Orion and Chris Masters. According to witnesses, halfway through the match, as Masters was about to pin Orion and win the championship, Morrissey jumped out of his ringside seat, climbed into the ring, smacked the referee on the side of the head and threw a bag of salt into the eyes of Masters, blinding him temporarily. This, apparently, gave Orion enough time to recover and then pin Masters. Once the referee recovered from the blow Morrissey had dealt him, he counted to three, claiming Orion the victor...http://theumpteenthtimes.com/?p=1167 :crazy: :D

Its not real, Sheamus is the current WWE champion not Randy Orton (his surname is not Orion as this article states), they don't record the shows on a Thursday either, they record them on a Monday and Friday with the pay per views being held on a Sunday. Also the match would have been a DQ (disqualification) due to interferance.

read this in an thread some time ago

anotherordinaryboy
So I was watching the WWE wrestling company's ECW show on the ScyFy Network (it might be fake, but it's really fun to watch), and a british wrestler, William Regal, was fighting. The commentator called him 'the ringleader of the tormentors'. Gotta be the first time wrestling and Morrissey have been mentioned in the same sentence!

bobalmighty'

Default Re: Morrissey Wrestling Reference?!
Matt Striker (The commentator you mentioned) has made a few Morrissey references in his commentary since he started.

Pokey'

Default Re: Morrissey Wrestling Reference?!
Striker has indeed, and I believe William Regal mentioned a few years ago in a magazine interview that he was a Morrissey fan so perhaps he had something to do with having that nickname spoken of him?
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=102392&highlight=wrestler

Back
Top Bottom