Morrissey quiz

Much appreciated:)

My Korean friend who was adoped by a Swedish family said that apart from Finnish, Scandinavian languages are related to English/German/Dutch in some ways. Many English speakers who even don't understand Swedish have advantages because of the background.

Yeah that's an interesting story.
All scandinavian languages were once one language. Much of northern France were controlled by danish vikings, they later invaded Britain at Hastings 1066.

Finnish are from the "ugric" language family while swedish etc are from the northern germanic family (swedish is also an official language of Finlad, about one million have swedish as their mother tongue and some parts are only swedish talking). English, dutch, german and so on are from the west germanic family. But then 40% of all swedish words are identic or closely related to german words. And most scandinavians can understand each other (except finnish and icelandic, icelandic can most however understand parts of if written). The things the languages have in common is of course latin.

Yay, I understood all the questions!:D I have been studying Swedish for five years (I'm 18), so it wasn't just a wasting of time.:p

Btw, I got 10/10

Back
Top Bottom