Morrissey - previously unpublished photo by the Douglas Brothers

"Morrissey, Manchester, England. Original contact sheet from session by The Douglas Brothers. Never printed, never seen."

40844_douglas_bros_manchester.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a great, iconic photo, one of the already many.
Of course he is a handsome man but I just like the portrait as it shows a glimpse of the tortured soul of the man at that time. :thumb:

It is a great, iconic photo, one of the already many.
Of course he is a handsome man but I just like the portrait as it shows a glimpse of the tortured soul of the man at that time. :thumb:
That's your interpretation? I see a barely suppressed smile. Far from tortured.

That's your interpretation? I see a barely suppressed smile. Far from tortured.

It's not really an interpretation, more a feeling I get, looking at his face. Although you cant really see the look in his eyes it catches a melancholic, inward looking emotion and a certain awareness of that. The photo of him on the scooter at the inside of the Ringleader album has that more or less same expression on his face.
Of course this is just my "interpretation" and if he really is suppressing a smile, nothing wrong with that either.
I think it is a great photo. :thumb:

Even his ears are amazing. He is just perfect. :oops:
Okay. Putting the fawning fan girl back inside now! :rolleyes:
ears are important things. i find that when someone has bad ears--like jerry brandt--i cant stop looking at them in horror. i feel like the shape of a persons ears contains some kind of key to their personality.

Session for 'Creem' magazine, shot at Beech Mount, Bowdon, early 1991.

Money shot ~

35371424365_1015dc55fa_o.jpg

I've always been low-key envious of how photogenic Morrissey is, it doesn't matter what expressions he's making, his pictures are always perfect

ears are important things. i find that when someone has bad ears--like jerry brandt--i cant stop looking at them in horror. i feel like the shape of a persons ears contains some kind of key to their personality.

How is that??

lovely pictures of Morrissey's early solo carreer though he still looks and is an Icon...stagelight might have ruined his quiff,or is it just getting older?

I hope to see lots of Iconic pics the upcoming tour, I hope they gonna sell blankets with 'spent the day in bed:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom