Morrissey mentioned in Jim Kerr interview

MORRIZSEY posted the link in the forums (original post):

'My kids never came to our gigs .. now they want tickets for all their mates' - The Sun
JIM KERR is laughing, remembering his band Simple Minds' 1985 performance at Live Aid in Philadelphia.

Excerpt:

Kerr says: "James has all the cool hair and clothes while Yasmin is busy with her boys. She's always been oblivious to it all.

"Her mum Chrissie was best friends with Linda McCartney and when she was about seven she was telling me, 'Linda this. Linda that'.

"I didn't know who she was talking about until she said, 'Linda who is married to the man who did the frog song'.

"She met Morrissey once and came back saying, 'He's a bit different. He doesn't like kids.' I asked, 'How do you know that?' She replied, 'He told us.' That made me laugh."

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be amazing if people liked all the kids out there. I think Morrissey just like me does not like most kids but there are some that are ok. Cannot love them all!

If he didn't like kids he's not likely to actually tell a child this. Is sounds like a joke.
People who don't like kids are incomplete human beings.

So you are saying that we have to like all kids then?

The way the world looks I can tell you are on your own Peterb. There is no way one can like all the kids out there as many of them are quite evil until they get told how to behave.

I have no problem with being an incomplete human being as the ones that are complete in other peopels eyes often turn out to be lying bastards who commit crimes against kids. In this case I speak from own personal experiences since my witness actually put a man away for 2 years for raping a child.

Poor girl had the trust in me to tell me but I wonder if she would have told you Peterb. Where is Peter A by the way cause I rarely get into things that are labelled B and down no matter if it is films or people.

Well it doesn't matter, this was the 80's he might have changed his opinion. But yeah no one is expected to like every single kid.

Well I for one am with Morrissey, I'm an uncle 9 times, and godfather of one, I like to see them
but after 2 hours, it's enough, I'm exhausted and leave, I think I could never, coming home after a day's work,
with kids moaning and messing with dinner, playing while trying to follow the news on TV.

I think if I was a father, I had a own basement, to get my rest and privacy.

Lucky it never went that far, being an uncle is the best what happened, no more , no less.

So you are saying that we have to like all kids then?

The way the world looks I can tell you are on your own Peterb. There is no way one can like all the kids out there as many of them are quite evil until they get told how to behave.

I have no problem with being an incomplete human being as the ones that are complete in other peopels eyes often turn out to be lying bastards who commit crimes against kids. In this case I speak from own personal experiences since my witness actually put a man away for 2 years for raping a child.

Poor girl had the trust in me to tell me but I wonder if she would have told you Peterb. Where is Peter A by the way cause I rarely get into things that are labelled B and down no matter if it is films or people.
Knowing what I do about your world view Urban I can't anything you say seriously. I think maybe you don't either.
Peter A is a much better version of me and he's a bit of a shit.

Knowing what I do about your world view Urban I can't anything you say seriously. I think maybe you don't either.
Peter A is a much better version of me and he's a bit of a shit.

Yes, that is a great answer from someone with no experience of the things he still tries and have a view on. Next time you leave another passive aggressive answer then maybe you should consider if you do have any personal experiences when it comes to the things you have views on.

You seem to be yet another distressed parent that just have to defend your kids who in all likelyhood will grow up and become a burden for the average tax payer.

Yes, that is a great answer from someone with no experience of the things he still tries and have a view on. Next time you leave another passive aggressive answer then maybe you should consider if you do have any personal experiences when it comes to the things you have views on.

You seem to be yet another distressed parent that just have to defend your kids who in all likelyhood will grow up and become a burden for the average tax payer.

Please don't hijack the on-topic thread for your off-topic squabble. That's what the Pigsty is for. Take it there.

P.

Well, there are too many people in the world today! Here in the US, I see tons of kids in poor areas and I have to support them because they rely on the State to provide....foood stamps, WIC, health care and are now they're all waiting for their tax returns. I think there should be a limit of 2 period and then snip snip enforced!! Living so close to the border, in Mexico there should be a limit of 1! People down there have no business having kids when they have no dinero! I see famlies that have 4-5-6 kids living in the slums and those kids grow up having no direction and turn to drugs and violence to make money. Thus the situation in Juarez...200 murders last month. Sad world. Viva Morrissey

"She met Morrissey once and came back saying, 'He's a bit different. He doesn't like kids.' I asked, 'How do you know that?' She replied, 'He told us.' That made me laugh."

Worthy of Wilde himself.

Worthy of Wilde himself.

If your last line is link to Oscasr Wilde, at least know the history of his life in short, Wikipedia for one

Wilde was married and had 2 sons.

After Wilde got a card from Bosie's father, he got him to court.

Where it turned the other way around, and acused of ' the love that dare not spreak it's name.

As a Married couple, she [after Wilde went broke due the courtcase] left and chosen another name Holland

Oscar's wife died even before him

Wilde's son Vyvian Holland helped with the best book about Wilde's life, introduced

the Complete Works of Osacar Wilde

after his jail time , the morning he got out he left to France,
he saw a few timesBosie, went to Italy with him on a vacation trip

but spend his last years in [for him] in poverty

Interesting stuff and there's more, check it out

Wilde about Wilde

FYI

there was a sailing cruise chip filled with families and it hit an iceberg or a rock or was torpedoed, but in any event it was a lost cause, sinking ship. well the religious leaders thought they should decide what to do in between prayers. There was a a Rabbi, a Priest and a Baptist minister onboard by chance. The other two were calling for Jesus to save but the Rabbi didn't think it was going to work so he finally said, "we'd better save the children!" The Baptist snaps out of his prayer and yells out "f*** the children!" and the Priest snaps out of his prayer at this and says, "Do you think there is still time?"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom