Morrissey does not have a record contract

Recording contracts are sooooo yesterday!

He should just put his new stuff on MySpace!:guitar:

it's actually quite different this time.
the sales for YOR have been pretty disastrous.
Quarry sold 1.2 million, worldwide, ROTT about 600,000 and YOR between 200-300,000.
with that kind of trajectory, he'll be very lucky to get a conventional deal with a major label, unless he waits 4 or 5 years to try and recreate the pre-Quarry hype.

How do we know these are the sales figures? Is there a site where we check this?
I'm not doubting your information, I'd just like to know how we can find this out

The Greatest hits, Swords were clearly made to get him out of two different contracts so it seems to be his choice.

Here is the headline news in Dublin tonight!

7,000 swords seized in Dublin raids
Wednesday, 4 November 2009 20:55

Perhaps Universal saw this and figured the sales would be even worse than anticipated..

Well, he's also smart and perhaps he realizes he's a risky investment.

But he'd call the shots, hire who he wanted and who he thought was best. He'd probably get more confident and wise as well with the business aspect and he could do it all how he wanted. And I doubt he'd lose his artistic flair as well, that'll never go.

But he'd call the shots, hire who he wanted and who he thought was best. He'd probably get more confident and wise as well with the business aspect and he could do it all how he wanted. And I doubt he'd lose his artistic flair as well, that'll never go.

If all that would happen, that would be fabulous. :thumb:

(I was half joking when I posted what I did.)

Last go around he had a choice of offers between Starbucks and Universal. Given the disappointment surrounding the past releases (sales wise) he'll be lucky to garner a new label deal. This is important because Morrissey will never release digitally directly to his fans. He wants to be courted and signed to a contract, he doesn't believe in catering digitally to his base. He likes to play pop star far too much.

So, again: Starbucks label or lengthy hold out here we come.

Back
Top Bottom