Morrissey at Hyde Park July 4th Confirmed

frazman

From TTY

Morrissey headlining at O2 Wireless Festival, London

24 March 2008

In a press release issued today, Live Nation and O2 Wireless Festival have announced that Morrissey will headline Friday, July 4th, at this year's O2 Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, London.

According to the press release, this will be Morrissey's only UK appearance this summer. A name recognized across the globe, with a career spanning over 20 years, and acclaimed throughout the world as a songwriter and lyricist of the very highest quality, Morrissey comes to Hyde Park at his very best. His recent Greatest Hits album demonstrates the enduring power of the former Smiths frontman, showcasing a collection of Top 20 singles, including nine Top 10 hits. Morrissey's appearances on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross and Later...With Jools Holland revealed a master at work, and he remains a legendary figure in the history of British pop, cited as an influence by a host of bands past and present. All Morrissey shows are special, and many listeners are certain to make Hyde Park the only place to be on July 4th. In addition to the planned fireworks, this show may also give that devoted audience an opportunity to hear tracks from his forthcoming debut studio album for Decca / Polydor, set for release in the autumn of 2008, alongside that roll call of instantly familiar hit singles.

Morrissey says: "What is classical is what we all agree on, and I think we all acknowledge Hyde Park festivals as important events. I am honoured to be asked to headline on July 4th, marking my 26th year haunting British music, and following the Hyde Park greats - T.Rex, Joan Armatrading, and someone with insecure teeth. I promise a thundering bill of tight nerves and suavity and all your favourites from Disc magazine. I will take Hyde Park like a flea inhabits a dog. Art-hounds and people with badly cut hair are very welcome. I shall do my utmost not to pull a sour face. The sun will make up its own mind. It is, of course, the day when America celebrated its independence from Sidcup, but we can easily reverse that situation with a bit of John Mills stiff-upperness. Bring your own lodging-house towels, but don't expect any three-shrimp appetizers."
»

Morrissey says: "What is classical is what we all agree on, and I think we all acknowledge Hyde Park festivals as important events. I am honoured to be asked to headline on July 4th, marking my 26th year haunting British music, and following the Hyde Park greats - T.Rex, Joan Armatrading, and someone with insecure teeth. I promise a thundering bill of tight nerves and suavity and all your favourites from Disc magazine. I will take Hyde Park like a flea inhabits a dog. Art-hounds and people with badly cut hair are very welcome. I shall do my utmost not to pull a sour face. The sun will make up its own mind. It is, of course, the day when America celebrated its independence from Sidcup, but we can easily reverse that situation with a bit of John Mills stiff-upperness. Bring your own lodging-house towels, but don't expect any three-shrimp appetizers."
»

Shenanigans. Nobody in their right mind would believe that that Morrissey quote is authentic. It's a plant by Merck and/or Decca. What's weird is that April Fool's Day is a whole week away.

Last edited:
From TTY

Morrissey headlining at O2 Wireless Festival, London

24 March 2008

In a press release issued today, Live Nation and O2 Wireless Festival have announced that Morrissey will headline Friday, July 4th, at this year's O2 Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, London.

According to the press release, this will be Morrissey's only UK appearance this summer. A name recognized across the globe, with a career spanning over 20 years, and acclaimed throughout the world as a songwriter and lyricist of the very highest quality, Morrissey comes to Hyde Park at his very best. His recent Greatest Hits album demonstrates the enduring power of the former Smiths frontman, showcasing a collection of Top 20 singles, including nine Top 10 hits. Morrissey's appearances on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross and Later...With Jools Holland revealed a master at work, and he remains a legendary figure in the history of British pop, cited as an influence by a host of bands past and present. All Morrissey shows are special, and many listeners are certain to make Hyde Park the only place to be on July 4th. In addition to the planned fireworks, this show may also give that devoted audience an opportunity to hear tracks from his forthcoming debut studio album for Decca / Polydor, set for release in the autumn of 2008, alongside that roll call of instantly familiar hit singles.

»

omg..now my heart is full..it's beating again:D...thanks guy..much thanks;)

Why don't you? You're a scientist, you have a credit card. Do it! Jump the stage! Do it for America! Dump the tea in the moat with all the bastard security guards, climb that stage and say "I KISS YOU FOR AMERICA! I KISS YOU FOR FREEDOM!"

Why don't you? You're a scientist, you have a credit card. Do it! Jump the stage! Do it for America! Dump the tea in the moat with all the bastard security guards, climb that stage and say "I KISS YOU FOR AMERICA! I KISS YOU FOR FREEDOM!"

haha you made me laugh:D

"no Taxation Without Representation!!!! Kiss Me You Limey Bastard I Love You!!!!!!"

haha are you talkin' to me? :p Well...damnit I might...but I have a mortgage and that doesn't pay for itself :tears: Does anyone want to let me squeeze into their suitcase?

AGGHG I WANNA GO!!! C'mon CG, you know you're dying to do it too!

I totally am Mell and I'd only want to go with you.

Whoo! How fun would that be??!!! :eek: I get the day off.... :guitar: But isn't it hard to climb the stage at a festival??? :cool:

impossible..i saw pictures from the last one:eek:..you can be happy to be in the first row..that would be a real succsess:rolleyes:;)

Yes. And then there's that whole problem that it's in another country which requires money and a passport. I have a feeling we'll be at home on solo with the fan on high, wearing shorts, listening to baseball in the background, drinking a cold beer wishing we were there. Maybe I should take the train down to your house and we can sulk in each other's company that we're not rich debutants with lots of time and leisure or whatever to pursue our passions.

impossible..i saw pictures from the last one:eek:..you can be happy to be in the first row..that would be a real succsess:rolleyes:;)
I think the first row is also how you break your kneecaps. Ohhh but Morrissey! You're worth it! :D

Yes. And then there's that whole problem that it's in another country which requires money and a passport. I have a feeling we'll be at home on solo with the fan on high, wearing shorts, listening to baseball in the background, drinking a cold beer wishing we were there. Maybe I should take the train down to your house and we can sulk in each other's company that we're not rich debutants with lots of time and leisure or whatever to pursue our passions.
Well, I have a passport. Send in your application this week! Otherwise, yes, the backup plan will have to suffice. ;)

Back to what NRitH said...is this really someone pulling our leg? Did Morrissey really say he's not going to pull a "sour face?!"

It's probably a joke.

hmm..if it's really true..this will be the one, last and only gig in the uk this summer:tears:..but otherwise it's nice to hear that he will take a break..i think it's really important..until autmn..cause then he will need a lot of new energy and voice;)

Back
Top Bottom