Miley Cyrus and her band do The Smiths

it's pretty bad, yeah.

Also her body language shows she's not into it. Wandering around, picking up things off the stage, putting on bracelets, etc. Not focused on the song at all.

doesn't morrissey sometimes wander around the stage, picking up things that people have thrown?

Interesting that she chooses to introduce it via an insult to her fans that they "don't know who the f* the Smiths are."

i think it's interesting that that's how you perceived that. i think if she's insulting anybody, then it's the smiths. she and her audience are on the forefront of popular music. why should they be expected to know some little cult indie band from the 80s?

i don't think she's insulting anybody though.

but yeah. that was shit.

Hmm. The problem is that she's probably never felt like that. She doesn't understand what the song's about.

You don't know that.

Her audience are 13-year-old girls, but okay.

do you have the stats to back that up?

also, do you not think that a lot of the beatles audience was teenage girls?

i'm not saying anything positive about her or her music or her fans, by the way.

An indie band with 4 million Facebook likes is not little.

it's nothing compared to the 50 million likes she's got.

b99221763z.1_20140309203538_000_g7556s65.2-1.jpg

13 year old looks about right to me..I'm sure Mom and Dad were thrilled forking over $35 for that concert shirt.

do you have the stats to back that up?

It's a fact. The majority of her concert audiences are 13-16-year-old girls. This is simply a fact.

also, do you not think that a lot of the beatles audience was teenage girls?

Yes. But The Beatles turned out to be essential to the history of pop music.

it's nothing compared to the 50 million likes she's got.

Everything that is popular right now has 50 million Facebook likes. It gets played constantly on the radio -> it gets millions of likes. Had Facebook existed in the 80's, the mainstream pop of the 80's would have had 50 million Facebook likes. In the 80's. Not now.

An indie band with 4 million likes is amazing compared to the most mainstream artist on the planet with 50 million likes.

it's pretty bad, yeah.

doesn't morrissey sometimes wander around the stage, picking up things that people have thrown?

i think it's interesting that that's how you perceived that. i think if she's insulting anybody, then it's the smiths. she and her audience are on the forefront of popular music. why should they be expected to know some little cult indie band from the 80s?

i don't think she's insulting anybody though.

but yeah. that was shit.

I don't know that being on the forefront of popular music is anything to boast about, but I certainly agree with your "that was shit" statement.

I think vocally she sounds like she doesn’t care.

Vocally, and in general. She has the presence of a 57 year old barfly who's been rode hard, put away wet and can only work up a modicum of emotion over running out of cigarettes and cough medicine.

Vocally, and in general. She has the presence of a 57 year old barfly who's been rode hard, put away wet and can only work up a modicum of emotion over running out of cigarettes and cough medicine.

Hah. That's what I meant by "cleaning the bathroom," but you said it much, much better. I had no idea that's what she sounds like!

It's a fact. The majority of her concert audiences are 13-16-year-old girls. This is simply a fact.

do you have a chart listing the demographics of her audience? i'm assuming you don't. i also imagine that you're right. that doesn't make what you're saying a fact though.

Yes. But The Beatles turned out to be essential to the history of pop music.

i didn't equate the importance of the beatles with the importance of miley cyrus.

Everything that is popular right now has 50 million Facebook likes. It gets played constantly on the radio -> it gets millions of likes. Had Facebook existed in the 80's, the mainstream pop of the 80's would have had 50 million Facebook likes. In the 80's. Not now.

An indie band with 4 million likes is amazing compared to the most mainstream artist on the planet with 50 million likes.

i'm not interested in how the smiths would have done on the hypothetical 80s facebook. i was speaking in reference to her comments and whether she was insinuating that her fans were stuupid for not knowing the smiths, or that it would be understandable for her fans not to know the smiths.

I don't know that being on the forefront of popular music is anything to boast about

i didn't suggest that it was.

i think i made myself quite clear and i don't want to talk about miley cyrus any more.

Are you saying that Miley Cyrus has never felt like being crashed into by a double-decker bus? Have you?

Hmm. The problem is that she's probably never felt like that. She doesn't understand what the song's about.

i didn't suggest that it was.

i think i made myself quite clear and i don't want to talk about miley cyrus any more.

I didn't mean to suggest that you suggested it. I meant for Miley & Co., for suggestion's sake.

Sadly, this is true. She looks young but her presence and voice are quite haggard.

Are you saying that Miley Cyrus has never felt like being crashed into by a double-decker bus? Have you?

You would be surprised how many people have felt like this. It's more the norm than not.

Utter shit! Maybe Uncle Skinny would prefer a Miley Cyrus world peace cover album?

Back
Top Bottom