Members Pics

DSC02149.jpg

love

Grim

2091343827_1f38bc5e3e_o.jpg

2091591229_391c340705_o.jpg

this is a pic of the place I found in the woods near an old castle today... then obviously I did a self portrait with a tripod in the color one - the ceiling is obviously broken and there is a ladder to light right in front of me... of course I still just stand there.

Last edited:
thanks Corrissey -

and NRITH, I am taking notes and your time will come... bawhahahahhhahah!:p:p

I'd be the kind of person to go along with you...get all creeped out...maybe call up some spirits or whip out a ouija board...(both of which I've done before) and take some shots and go develop 'em and see orbs of light and ghostly features on the film of the others...(tee hee) Sorry, just being nuts.
I love supernatural / paranormal stuff. No wonder I'm still afraid of the dark :D HA!

Great photography. I'd love to tag along with you --I'll even carry your equipment! =o)
Keep the pics coming -tho you really need to start a "suparni shots" thread *hint* post your lovlies, just like how Tbevie rules the artwork thread. :D

I hope that you're kidding. :eek:

:D i dunno NRITH... they do exist. I REALLY hope you are not one of them though :eek: That would suck. I seem to have attracted one or two of them in my day - just by having a plain old outburst during a bout with PMS after I anyways already wanted to get the message across that I am not interested...

Sadly - my very mean pms "don't talk to me before coffee" outburst only seemed to fuel whatever the hell it was they saw in me in the first place... and they got very weird.

In fact one of them (gosh I hope he did not google me and is not reading this right now - it has been years so I should hope not...) even sent me pics on my birthday... and to my HORROR... the pics were of a party at his house and there was a big cake that said "happy birthday suparni" and he and some of his friends were hanging around having drinks and there was a banner that said "happy birthday suparni" and it was on my b-day- and I was across an ocean and had not written back to him in over a year when that happened!!! :eek: yeah... some freaks actually do wait for it NRITH... and I hope you are not one.

NRITH.... everybody knows that you label groceries and do not stalk women begging and hoping to be abused. I was just joking silly...

Some people do that you know... but you, well we all know that you are demented...
but as Nugz puts it... for other reasons... certainly nothing I can't handle.

2091591229_391c340705_o.jpg

this is a pic of the place I found in the woods near an old castle today... then obviously I did a self portrait with a tripod in the color one - the ceiling is obviously broken and there is a ladder to light right in front of me... of course I still just stand there.

I was going to ask if you lived on the Northside of Brooklyn because that is the usual style and condition dwelling for the hipsters that are there.

I was going to ask if you lived on the Northside of Brooklyn because that is the usual style and condition dwelling for the hipsters that are there.

Hi Buzzetta, no I live on Long Island and this is in Sands Point at a preserve. I was at Hempstead House and Falaise, an old castle of a place and at a Gold Coast estate that is largely ignored. I decided to wander about the area and I found lots of little corners that are obviously forgotten. The snow was slippery I thought it best not to climb around until we have some better weather... so I just shot this old storage place that I found out in the woods while I was on one of the nature trail walks down to the shore. I saw that it was open and that they dumped those old statues in there... and I saw the state of the place and I could not help but imagine the artist who made those old statues now just laying there and in the trash heap. Those statues surely graced the halls of someone like the Great Gatsby at one point... or so it made for a great afternoon allowing myself to believe that... yah know?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
sands-mn.jpg
Inside the foyer of Hempstead House, one glimpse of the imposing vaulted ceiling stirs the imagination of a grand lifestyle that once existed at this Gold Coast estate. Even though the house is no longer furnished, its architecture provides a hint of an elegant time long gone.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In its heyday in the 1920s, Hempstead House revealed a taste for extravagance. In the Entry Foyer was an organ made of oak. The pipes still visible on the walls above were merely for show - the music reverberated through openings in the floors. Medieval tapestries once hung on the walls, and oriental carpets covered the floor.

The sunken Palm Court once contained 150 species of rare orchids and other plants. An aviary housed exotic birds in ornate cages among the flowers. The walnut-paneled Library was copied from the palace of King James I; relief portraits of literary figures still decorate the plaster ceiling. The Billiard Room featured a gold leaf ceiling, hand-tooled leather wall coverings, and carved oak woodwork from a 17th century Spanish palace.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Even now, stone gargoyles around the ceiling peer down from above in the Summer Living Room. Other decorative features of the house during the Guggenheims’ occupancy included stained and leaded glass, red velvet draperies, Flemish tapestries, and artwork by Rembrandt, Van Dyck, and Rubens. In its prime, the estate employed 17 house servants, numerous farmers and groundskeepers, a golf pro, tennis pro, and a riding master. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] After Daniel passed away, his wife turned the buildings over to the Navy for a training center. During the late 1940s, extensive changes were made to the interior. The Palm Court’s original leaded glass roof was removed, and acoustic tile and fluorescent lighting were installed to conform to Navy code.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Falaise--terrace.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Falaise is one of the few intact historic houses remaining on Long Island’s Gold Coast. The Gold Coast period was a time of opulence, when prominent families built great mansions and large estates on Long Island. Falaise was built for Harry F. Guggenheim and his wife Caroline Morton in 1923. The architecture is French eclectic. The design is based on a 13th century Norman manor house.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Distinctive features of the house include an enclosed cobblestone courtyard, thickly mortared brick walls, steeply pitched roofs of heavy tile, and a round tower. The medieval atmosphere is continued inside the house by the arches, thick wood beams, textured plastered walls, and carved stone mantels.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Falaise is furnished with antiques, many from the 16th and 17th century. There are wood carvings, sculptures, Renaissance paintings and several important pieces of modern art.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Harry Guggenheim had a strong commitment to public service. He was Ambassador to Cuba during the Hoover administration. A Navy pilot, he served in both world wars. He had a lifelong interest in aviation. Charles Lindbergh was a close friend and frequent visitor to Falaise. Harry was also instrumental in getting funding for the research of rocket pioneer Robert Goddard.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In 1939, Harry Guggenheim and Alicia Patterson were married. Shortly afterward, they founded Newsday, Long Island’s daily newspaper. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Harry Guggenheim was an avid horseracing fan. He raised and raced thoroughbred horses, and he helped establish the New York Racing Association. His trophies, awards, and racing memorabilia are on display at Falaise. [/FONT]

Last edited:
This was taken at my annual wormwoodarama/Halloween bash. It was a salute to Storyville, New Orleans (the naughtiest place in America) a few months after Katrina hit.

I'm a blonde now.

I had a friend who was a brewer in Brooklyn - she made all kinds of potions (I do believe she ceased production for a while). Her absinthe could remove paint by it's fumes alone. She made a beautiful blue opiate concoction, and another drink involving chocolate and paca lolo that knocked people flat on their backs.

At my parties people would, unfortunately, mix all three, and costumed hilarity would ensue.

I am a teetotaler myself due to an unfortunate allergy to alcohol - I literally cannot drink. All it takes is a little sip to send me over the top...

I'm compelled to show you all how my true eye color really can come through on a camera photo! I am astounded really....:D (and I'm pretty bored, and was when taking the pictures the other days, hah)

Smile for the camera!

Last edited:
Tags
*ga23 lose *the chin thing babes! ban benandrus beards r cool cute people piss me off dazzak <3 dazzak come home ebola>>>robby flattery&that fuck me good the bad and the ugly im a abused tag immodesty=ugly no flirting tnx showusyourrack skinner is hot stfusuperhans ydw nekkid pics
Back
Top Bottom