London - London Palladium (Mar. 10, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / I Wish You Lonely / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / How Soon Is Now? / November Spawned A Monster / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // The Last Of The Famous International Playboys

Setlist provided by @ConorMac1903 / Twitter, corrections by Gaetano and Famous when dead.

• Photo posted by Kevin Cummins (@KCMANC / Twitter). Link posted by Famous when dead.

At least a few fans got on stage - very heavy security though #Morrissey #LondonPalladium

42495_london-palladium.jpg
  • Morrissey - London Palladium - Saturday 10th March 2018 (53 total) - @Raph_PH / Flickr. Link posted by raphph.

42562_london-palladium5.jpg

• Image posted by @almostexact / Instagram:

“London Palladium I go where you go” #morrissey #morrisseytour2018

42497_london-palladium3.jpg

Last edited:
Set-list is everything. End with the genius pop of Playboys (instead of the clumsy fudge of Irish Blood) throw in an early 90s gem like November, and everyone's bound to go home happy. It just gives an indication of the atmosphere if all the songs were the singalong classics Morrissey used to do so well instead of the clumsy subtlety-free bluster pop we've had to put up with since the 1990s. Let's hope we get another 2018 tour with a drastically rearranged set-list including a couple of brand new ones (that were also recorded in the LIHS session).

Also congrats to Morrissey on completing a tour with no cancellations. Is this a first?

Where are all the posts saying this wasn't sold out? The trolls are really struggling with this one. Sounds like a fantastic gig.

I thought the presentation of the show was great with Morrissey sounding strong and beautiful, though I thought his voice was straining later on - was it during or after Jack the Ripper and the massive amount of dry ice? Or was it Home is a Question Mark? Couldn't see the stage when the ice was blown in! The sound was great and lighting and backdrops looked good. I see the sense in not having a support band. Often in the past I've had no idea about them and they get a lukewarm reception at best, though I have enjoyed Damien Dempsey. Having Morrissey's choice of videos is great. I loved the Four Tops especially. Who was the seventies singer with the quiff and retro mic? Dionne Warwick got me tearing up. Are the tunes listed elsewhere?

It's interesting for me that people describe this as a great gig and 'best of the tour'. I felt a bit flat for a number of reasons - the first of which was that there was a couple directly in front of me who were talking all the way through the concert. Why do people do this? They were awful. When they weren't talking loudly they were to-into and fro-ing to the bar. At one point the female said "oh I like this one".....as though until that point she hadn't heard anything of merit. I should have had it out with them.

The stewards were doing their jobs asking people to go to their seats but the whole seating venue thing makes it difficult to move, dance and properly enjoy the music. For this reason I think Brixton is a better venue, and I wish I had been there rather than the Palladium.

No one seems to have mentioned it yet, but before "World Peace is None of Your Business" Morrrissey said something along the lines that in England free speach is coming, "I can feel it, it's coming, it's coming closer. Democracy". It didn't get a cheer much, not even as much as the first response to "George Raft". I take this to be about Brexit - what other interpretation can there be? I think he sees the vote as being a sock in the eye for the political class from the working class. Is it that he wants some sort of return to the sixties that he's so fond of? Does he draw parallels between his own independence of management and the UK being independent of "Management" by the EU? Anyway, this comment of Morrissey's seemed to flatten the mood a little more and distract.

He'll never please everyone with a set-list. I'd have been not happy with the whole of Low In High School and I was happy with the songs we got. I would maybe have liked some from Ringleaders or Tormentors as well, but we've had those before.

For me this wasn't a great gig but I see how others would say it was. I'm pleased that others enjoyed it more than I did and I'd like to thank the folks who have shared pictures and videos. Cheers.

Last edited:
I was there last night front row stage right towards the centre with my wife and it was intense,manage to shake his wrist twice but unlike earlier gigs on the tour tonight the fans up front were very aggressive and a lad behind me got up on a womans back to try and get on the stage but it didn't work out,she had a go at him and he apologised,madness

Hi,
This may have been the same male who pulled my hair and aggressively pushed a younger girl to my right. Big thanks to the lady and her very imposing husband. Two nights running they looked out for me. He spoke, the unpleasant males moved away completely.

Also the tour merch was doing a mystery t shirt bundle 3 for £15 ,my wife got 1 and got 3 great shirts,the lihs USA 2017,the ziggy stardust one and the new white morrissey one (blue writing blue tour photo), bargin
It be nice to see the new white Morrissey one with blue tour photo pic ....could you make this happen

I have only seen Morrissey live once before, when he played Singapore for the first time in his career back in 2012. Even after he made punters endure standing for hours in unusually humid conditions at Fort Canning Park, rocking up on stage at least an hour late, it was still a special moment for fans, many of whom had long dreamed of him singing in Singapore. You could feel the strength of feeling and admiration for him in the atmosphere. There were a few quips but nothing like last night.

Because he was in such an exuberant mood at The Palladium, I am more relaxed about the quality of the setlist than I normally would be when reviewing a gig (though do compare with the real crowdpleaser Singapore 2012 set https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/singapore-fort-canning-park-may-8-2012-post-show.122298/). Even for a diehard fan, I felt there were far too many songs from the latest album, which is a bit hit and miss in all fairness. Having said that, a song I normally skip on "Low In High School" really came into its own last night. I think I wasn't the only one in the audience who was utterly blown away by Morrissey's voice on the second half of "I Bury The Living".

Dusting down "November Spawned A Monster" and "Hold On To Your Friends" was magic. We just needed more killer and less filler! To have made it a 10/10 in my mind, he should have traded in the cover version and other weaker songs for the classics he treated other London audiences to, such as "Irish Blood, English Heart", "I'm Not Sorry" and "Suedehead". But Morrissey is Morrissey! He will play what he wants to play! Fair play! I am sure it will go down in history as one of his best gigs in the last decade, if not longer.

Last edited:
Great gig, apart from the psychotic American woman (or was it a rabid animal?) who scratched me, punched me in the head and repeatedly threatened to kill me whilst I was stood with my 16 year old son (by our row A stall seats stage left) as Morrissey came on. My offence? Not to allow her to repeatedly try and elbow my son out of the way in her attempt to displace us at the front. Anybody know who this vulgar creature is?!
Pity you weren't in the balcony. Could have let her in front and then bumped her over

Also the tour merch was doing a mystery t shirt bundle 3 for £15 ,my wife got 1 and got 3 great shirts,the lihs USA 2017,the ziggy stardust one and the new white morrissey one (blue writing blue tour photo), bargin
Total bargain! Basically 3 for the price of 1. Nice!

Reckon pack it up ACE. No there will no more foreign tours. He needed all the money from this tour (no cancellations) so he could pay for the house damage from the December fires. Steve wouldn't of gone through with it, if he didn't need the money. So go home mates and take your Yankee caps, Chicago Bears ski caps, and Planet Hollywood Orlando denim jean jackets with you. Go Home!!

David, can we have a new ratings category that just says 'Twat'? It might be useful.

I thought the presentation of the show as great with Morrissey sounding strong and beautiful, though I thought his voice was straining later on - was it during or after Jack the Ripper and the massive amount of dry ice? Or was it Home is a Question Mark? Couldn't see the stage when the ice was blown in! The sound was great and lighting and backdrops looked good. I see the sense in not having a support band. Often in the past I've had no idea about them and they get a lukewarm reception at best, though I have enjoyed Damien Dempsey. Having Morrissey's choice of videos is great. I loved the Four Tops especially. Who was the seventies singer with the quiff and retro mic? Dionne Warwick got me tearing up. Are the tunes listed elsewhere?

It's interesting for me that people describe this as a great gig and 'best of the tour'. I felt a bit flat for a number of reasons - the first of which was that there was a couple directly in front of me who were talking all the way through the concert. Why do people do this? They were awful. When they weren't talking loudly they were to-into and fro-ing to the bar. At one point the female said "oh I like this one".....as though until that point she hadn't heard anything of merit. I should have had it out with them.

The stewards were doing their jobs asking people to go to their seats but the whole seating venue thing makes it difficult to move, dance and properly enjoy the music. For this reason I think Brixton is a better venue, and I wish I had been there rather than the Palladium.

No one seems to have mentioned it yet, but before "World Peace is None of Your Business" Morrrissey said something along the lines that in England free speach is coming, "I can feel it, it's coming, it's coming closer. Democracy". It didn't get a chear much, not even as much as the first response to "George Raft". I take this to be about Brexit - what other interpretation can there be? For me I think he sees the vote as being a sock in the eye for the political class from the working class. Is it that he wants some sort of return to the sixties that he's so fond of? Does he draw parallels between his own independence of management and the UK being independent of "Management" by the EU? Anyway, this comment of Morrissey's seemed to flatten the mood a little more and distract.

He'll never please everyone with a set-list. I'd have bee not happy with the whole of Low I High School and I was happy with the songs we got. I would maybe have liked some from Ringleaders or Tormentors as well, but we've had those before.

For me this wasn't a great gig but I see how others would say it was. I'm pleased that others enjoyed it more than I did and I'd like to thank the folks who have shared pictures and videos. Cheers.

That's a pity your enjoyment of the evening was affected by others self absorbed behaviour. A few reviewers seem to have had a bad experience with this and even more loutish carry on. I was lucky that the majority of the people around me of very diverse ages were out for a good time.
Dancing wasn't really possible up where I was as the vision of plummeting to my death inspired me to do some seat dancing moves instead.
Regarding Morrisseys remarks about democracy and free speech coming soon,I took it he was being ironic given the consistent bad slant anything he says has been given in the mainstream media. I assumed rightly or wrongly, that was other people's interpretation around me too, as we just laughed.
One other small observation-throughout the evening very few people filmed or even had their phones out once Morrissey came on stage. Everyone seemed really engaged with every aspect of what was happening in front of them,myself included.
From Morrissey, all of his amazing band to the audience around me, I can say without a hint of irony that "the pleasure and privilege was mine". WHAT AN EVENING!

That's a pity your enjoyment of the evening was affected by others self absorbed behaviour. A few reviewers seem to have had a bad experience with this and even more loutish carry on. I was lucky that the majority of the people around me of very diverse ages were out for a good time.
Dancing wasn't really possible up where I was as the vision of plummeting to my death inspired me to do some seat dancing moves instead.
Regarding Morrisseys remarks about democracy and free speech coming soon,I took it he was being ironic given the consistent bad slant anything he says has been given in the mainstream media. I assumed rightly or wrongly, that was other people's interpretation around me too, as we just laughed.
One other small observation-throughout the evening very few people filmed or even had their phones out once Morrissey came on stage. Everyone seemed really engaged with every aspect of what was happening in front of them,myself included.
From Morrissey, all of his amazing band to the audience around me, I can say without a hint of irony that "the pleasure and privilege was mine". WHAT AN EVENING!
The night before at the Pally I was absolutely touched when Moz spoke of free speech. It was silent as he spoke then when he finished the whole house roared in approval. I would love to see some footage of exactly what he said - it was so moving. And of course yes, he's pro-Brexit and always sings BREXIT in one of the final parts of Jackie. Saw him do it twice now. He wants Britain run by Britain not Brussels, as did the majority of the UK voting public. Common sense. Live with it.

Back
Top Bottom