List your favorite Morrissey Album's From Viva Hate Onwards !!

> All the Smiths albums...duh.

Ok, so there ARE no Morrissey albums before, are there?

Re: Your Arsenal, Vauxhall & I, Kill Uncle, though...

Kill Uncle vies with Viva Hate and Bona Drag depending on my mood. But I don't understand why many fans don't rate it.
Our Frank is a great opener, Asian Rut, I'm The End Of The Family Line and The Harsh Truth are classically 'dark' Morrissey tracks, Sing Your Life is great rockabilly, Mute Witness, well, i can't explain why it's good but i love it. Found Found Found and Driving Your Girlfriend are really sweet tracks and King Leer is bloody brilliant, 'I crept up behind you with a homeless chiauahua' ... has me in stitches. There's A PLace In Hell is, admittedly, a weak closer, but i love the piano on it.
Overall, the music isn't particularly revalatory, but every track sounds different and the whole album gels as a 'story' album rather than one entirely based on his grievances or neuroses. I think I just made it a firm number 3 in my list actually.

#1 spot goes to...

Vauxhall and I

Your Arsenal (runner-up)
Southpaw Grammar (bronze)

Maladjusted just about ties You Are The Quarry.
Viva Hate and Kill Uncle follow.

Not yet sure where Ringleader ranks.

1. southpaw
2. ringleader
3. vauxhall
4. viva
5. kill uncle
6. arsenal
7. quarry
8. maladjusted

"madajusted" is definitely better than "southpaw grammar"

Today... now...

my favorites are (in this order)

Ringleader of the Tormentors
Southpaw Grammar
Bona Drag
Your arsenal
Vauxhall and I

Tomorrow? Who knows?

People are being too quick to judge 'ROTT'

It simply stands as one of Morrissey's Greatest Albums ever, along with 'Vauxhall & I' and 'You Are The Quarry' me thinks , and is sure to stand the test of time, and im sure in time it will be spoken about in the same way as 'TQID', simply legendary.

Kill Uncle is great (Our Frank, Mute Witness, Sing Your Life, Driving Your Girlfriend Home...all great songs)

But ROTT has more diversity and power than any Morrissey album before it. I am very pleased with it.

I think it's worth pointing out here that Bona Drag, World Of Morrissey and My Early Burglary Years are compilations, not Morrissey studio albums. Having those in your list is like including things like Best...1 and Singles in a list of your favourite Smiths records.

With that in mind...

1. Vauxhall & I
2. Your Arsenal
3. Viva Hate
4. Southpaw Grammar
5. Kill Uncle
6. Maladjusted
7. You Are The Quarry

Haven't really made my mind up about ROTT. So far, ...Pigsty apart, I'm disappointed. Just can't really decide how disappointed though.

Back
Top Bottom