Leak 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' here

Will we ever see proper studio recordings of The Kid's a Looker, People Are the Same Everywhere and Action is my Middle Name or are those live studio b-sides the best we'll get?

If I could give you a 'thumbs down' I would for even suggesting this. An outside chance of hearing AIMMN maybe but the rest... aargh

Sitting here with knitted brows. Just how how how did they manage to absolutely neuter a great song like Art Hounds! How?! This is what happens when you alienate talents like Tony Visconti and Alain Whyte. The start is a mess and then it continues in the same vein. Who is responsible?

Seriously. The songs that have been released as singles so far are the best and that I thought wasn't saying much.

I would rescue Istanbul from a house fire but the rest can burn. Kiss me a lot is catchy and funny but still loads of distortion and the start of the song is so weird the odd guitar sound and the rude trumpet sound, the spanish guitar is nice and the spanich in the background but couldn't they have left out the other dross.

Otherwise lots of synth and oddly placed electronic sounds. Utterly tamed guitars almost absent or turned down. I will not be buying this. Utter pants just like years of refusal synth heaven for synth fans and overproduction. It's hard to desconstruct without production knowledge but I feel like it would have been better if the songs had been stripped down and the unnecessary instruments or distortions removed. The best recent release was 'Autobiography'. I will not part with a cent for this. The buck stops with the band and how they can destroy a gift like Art Hounds.

tl;dr WHAT THE FRACK HAPPENED?!!!

Last edited:
Sitting here with knitted brows. Just how how how did they manage to absolutely neuter a great song like Art Hounds! How?! This is what happens when you alienate talents like Tony Visconti and Alain Whyte. The start is a mess and then it continues in the same vein. Who is responsible?

Seriously. The songs that have been released as singles so far are the best and that I thought wasn't saying much.

I would rescue Istanbul from a house fire but the rest can burn. Kiss me a lot is catchy and funny but still loads of distortion and the start of the song is so weird the odd guitar sound and the rude trumpet sound, the spanish guitar is nice and the spanich in the background but couldn't they have left out the other dross.

Otherwise lots of synth and oddly placed electronic sounds. Utterly tamed guitars almost absent or turned down. I will not be buying this. Utter pants just like years of refusal synth heaven for synth fans and overproduction. It's hard to desconstruct without production knowledge but I feel like it would have been better if the songs had been stripped down and the unnecessary instruments or distortions removed. The best recent release was 'Autobiography'. I will not part with a cent for this. The buck stops with the band and how they can destroy a gift like Art Hounds.

interesting how everything you have said is wrong.

interesting how everything you have said is wrong.

After your weighty response I will of course revise my position.

I hope this album is a grower. After the first few listens it is the weakest Mozz record to date. When most of bonus tracks are better than the album ones it says a lot. The lack of distinctive melodies and vocal experiments is evident. People slam ROTT and Refusal but at least these records had Dear God Please Help Me, Life Is A Pigsty and It's Not Your Birthday Anymore, the songs of that caliber are not present here. The standout tracks for me are the guilty pleasure of Nick Cassidy Drops Dead (with hilarious lines like "Alan Ginsberg's tears shampoo his beard" and Morrissey surprsingly almost quoting Paulo Coelho, not to forget his hip-hop styled verse in the middle), Kick The Bride Down The Aisle and Staircase At The University for their sinister sense of humour but nothing really to mention with regards to quality of music apart from may be Oboe Concerto which still sounds undeveloped and too short for its matter. The overall impression is that Morrissey wasn't joking when he said about WPINOYB being the follow up to Viva Hate, the mood seems to be the same as what he was doing in the late 80's and the beginning of the 90's: very light melodies and songs about misfits but with no real drama and album cohesion which will come later with Your Arsenal and Vauxhall , this one actually sounds like a full album of Death At One's Elbow look alikes with some additions of latino guitar. Thankfully bonus tracks really save the day, Art-Hounds is breathtaking with Morrissey finally trying something else with his voice, I also loved Drag The River, they should have been included in the album.

Let me start by saying I disagree with a lot of your points. I'm not saying I am right or wrong but let me have a go at giving you another perspective.

Art Hounds. At first listen I would say the I felt just the same as yourself. The power and energy seemed to be missing, what on earth was that at the start? It has really grown on me in every way, love the production and I think they got it spot on. Still missing that live energy but, for me, this should definitely be one of the 12 tracks of the main album as it is great.

As for the songs released being the best on the album. They weren't going to release 4 of the worst but none of those are better than staircase - that is an absolute gem. Catchy, clever song structure and Morrissey at his very best.

Tamed guitars? Thank god. I personally have had enough of the power chord and distorted riffs of the last albums. I love the fact that there is a new more mature / confident sound, Gustavo has clearly added a huge amount to this album and that is to be applauded.

The band. At last I think the band can take a bow, they should be very proud of what they have created. Musically it is his best album ever. I am not saying these are the best set of songs he has put on an album as it is too early for me to judge but sonically it is the best thing he has done.

kick the bride down the aisle is my fav. the end.

kiss me a lot is catchy as hell, stuck in my head that synthesizer sound before the chorus was wtf at first

Last edited:
Let me start by saying I disagree with a lot of your points. I'm not saying I am right or wrong but let me have a go at giving you another perspective.

Art Hounds. At first listen I would say the I felt just the same as yourself. The power and energy seemed to be missing, what on earth was that at the start? It has really grown on me in every way, love the production and I think they got it spot on. Still missing that live energy but, for me, this should definitely be one of the 12 tracks of the main album as it is great.

As for the songs released being the best on the album. They weren't going to release 4 of the worst but none of those are better than staircase - that is an absolute gem. Catchy, clever song structure and Morrissey at his very best.

Tamed guitars? Thank god. I personally have had enough of the power chord and distorted riffs of the last albums. I love the fact that there is a new more mature / confident sound, Gustavo has clearly added a huge amount to this album and that is to be applauded.

The band. At last I think the band can take a bow, they should be very proud of what they have created. Musically it is his best album ever. I am not saying these are the best set of songs he has put on an album as it is too early for me to judge but sonically it is the best thing he has done.

I loved 'Art Hounds' when I heard the live version, this version has only compounded my disappointment in the album as a whole. Of course the singles should be the best that he has to offer and at least 'World Peace' and the 'Bull Fighter' have something to convey.

I think 'staircase.. isn't the worst in terms of being interfered with, there is the odd electronic sound and layering and there is that terrible whistle sound at the start that grates. I'm not sure I get the joke entirely, exam stress, pressure, suicide... I don't take it seriously either but I don't find any cleverness there. University life is not something that Morrissey can relate to and I think it shows. Someone has added a lot of spanish guitar, distorted guitar, electronic noise and layering to this album.

Just listened to 'Neal Cassidy...' again and the guitar and the wub wub noise is just so annoying and absolutely detracts from anything that is being sung.

'Forgive someone' the lyrics don't fit into the melody, lots of synth in that tune.

In the middle of 'Julie in the weeds' there is a very strange sound like a radio being tuned it's also at the beginning and at the end of the song. 'Julie in the weeds is too crassly optimistic about suicide, there is no substance, irony or sentiment or lyrical depth.

I love Istanbul 100% beautiful melody and poetic descriptions. 'Kiss me alot' will be a crowd pleaser live.

I liked the last verse of 'kick the bride' but the cow in the field knowing more lyric was weird and the ending was confused musically. Actually there are a lot introductions and endings that are confused musically.

It's difficult to describe what is wrong but I'm glad at least others can concede that there are a lot of exotic sounds on this album that are unrecognizable as being actual instruments.

Females don't come off very well in this album they are kicked, lie down to die amongst weeds, fall and split their skulls, or visit macabre sites of murders/suicides.

Happy to disagree with others and engage in discussion not a bother. Still in shock though, must go have a stiff drink hope I don't fall and split my head three ways.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there's a link on this thread, not that I want it mind you...

There is one, but I can't download anything without buying some kind of membership. And don't worry, I'll be buying the album anyway as soon as it's available ... ;)

I think 'staircase.. isn't the worst in terms of being interfered with, there is the odd electronic sound and layering and there is that terrible whistle sound at the start that grates. I'm not sure I get the joke entirely, exam stress, pressure, suicide... I don't take it seriously either but I don't find any cleverness there. University life is not something that Morrissey can relate to and I think it shows. Someone has added a lot of spanish guitar, distorted guitar, electronic noise and layering to this album.

Just to be clear about the cleverness in staircase. It is what Morrissey does with the lyrics and melody over the music. If you check out the first "verse", March April May etc and the chord structure being played behind it and then it goes into the Staircase at the University well that feels like the verse / chorus combination yet he then changes what he does with the verse bits and makes that the chorus with the staircase at bit sounding like the verse. I hope you get my meaning!

I just found that clever. I know a lot of people who have worked with Morrissey comment that he put chorus melodies over what they thought was going to be the verses and vice versa - those things are always hard to spot when we get to hear the finished song straight away. In this song he switches halfway through.

I think this album will be a grower for most people, honestly. I’ve listened 5x so far and seem to enjoy it more each time. So those who listened once or twice and don’t feel it, give it another chance!

I think this album will be a grower for most people, honestly. I’ve listened 5x so far and seem to enjoy it more each time. So those who listened once or twice and don’t feel it, give it another chance!

I agree. I've lost count of how many times i've listened. I've had it on constant repeat on my iPod since yesterday. Everytime I listen I disscover something new and my favourite songs are constantly changing.

After the first few listens it is the weakest Mozz record to date.

After a quick first listen, I must agree. Although I wasn't very fond of Maladjusted and Southpaw either. But at least these two had good lyrics.

The overall impression is that Morrissey wasn't joking when he said about WPINOYB being the follow up to Viva Hate, the mood seems to be the same as what he was doing in the late 80's and the beginning of the 90's

I must strongly disagree on this! Back then, Viva Hate/Bona Drag (and related songs) was top quality stuff ... quintessential Morrissey, if you will. Along with Your Arsenal, that's the best he ever did solo. Unlike most fans, I don't hold Vauxhall And I in such high regard. It had a couple of great songs, but I never listened to it in it's entirety as much as Viva Hate, Bona Drag or You Are The Quarry.

Back
Top Bottom