Las Vegas, NV - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas (Nov. 25, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Maladjusted / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Meat Is Murder / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / Scandinavia / All The Lazy Dykes / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway // Still Ill

set list provided by somedizzywhore.com

[URL="http://www.somedizzywhore.com/blog/2011/11/morrissey-setlist-and-photos-the-cosmopolitan-las-vegas-nov-25-2011.html"][/URL]Morrissey is the one for fans at the Cosmopolitan - photos, review at Las Vegas Weekly. Link via Morrissey - In Moz We Trust.[URL="http://www.somedizzywhore.com/blog/2011/11/morrissey-setlist-and-photos-the-cosmopolitan-las-vegas-nov-25-2011.html"][/URL]

Last edited:
Morrissey was totally dialed in and on last night, seemed to be having the time of his life, voice sounded great, band completely tight , crowd energetic and rocking. It was a fantastic show. Everything regarding shirt changes and setlist consistant with other nights, greeted the crowd with a lot of Spanish, didn't change up the lyrics alot that I could audibly tell. There were a lot of records handed to him. I left the venue thinking it was 100% worth the trip out and money lost gambling. :DJust to give you an idea of how many people were there, I was about 6th people from the barrier and the rest of this room was filled to the brim.
6405310501_f15925c960.jpg

Morrissey looked as good as he sounded. :sweet:
6405315749_7834636848_z.jpg

I didn't know you were there! Wish I had to chance to say hello.

Morrissey's Horoscopes for Saturday, November 26th:

Things are not always as they seem, particularly in an emotionally charged situation. Before you pass a judgment on what someone has supposedly done, wait to get all the facts. When you listen to idle gossip, you can be easily misled. Rumors usually create negative energy that you should avoid.

You need to stand up to those people whose sole aim in life seems to be making you feel bad about yourself. Whatever it is you've done "wrong" it is no big deal in the greater scheme of things. Forget it and move on.

Excellent review in Rolling Stone MAgazaine online- http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/morrissey-plays-intimate-last-minute-l-a-show-20111125

As part of his current U.S. tour, Morrissey played a last-minute show at L.A.'s Henry Fonda Theater on November 23rd. With a capacity just under a thousand people, the venue offered a rare chance to see his Mozness in an intimate setting – and the excitement was evident, as several onlookers on famed Hollywood Blvd. stopped to snap photos of Morrissey's name on the marquee upon entering the packed club.

Morrissey himself seemed to feel the enthusiasm, coming out on stage at 9:01 and saying, "Stuff me, stuff me, stuff me," to lead into a rambunctious rendition of the Smiths' "I Want The One That I Can't Have." Backed by a tight five-piece band, all clad in black t-shirts that said, "f*** fur," Morrissey started off a house of fire, with excellent versions of such songs as "You Have Killed Me" and "You're The One For Me, Fatty." And in between those early songs he acknowledged the uniqueness of the setting, welcoming the crowd.

His good spirits continued throughout the 75-minute set. Following a stellar "Action Is My Middle Name," a previously unreleased track unveiled earlier this year as part of the "Glamorous Glue" single to celebrate the Very Best Of Morrissey release, he introduced the band by saying, "I've been advised to tell you there are some very shady characters in the crowd."

The set list reflected those spirits, jumping all over from the Smiths' "Still Ill," a superb encore choice, and a nice cover of Lou Reed's "Satellite Of Love" to new songs – the atmospheric "Scandinavia" and the pop-rock "People Are The Same Everywhere," a song whose guitars and hook can almost be heard growling, in vintage Morrissey form.

The response to the new material online has been strong, and after the preview he showed Wednesday night it's easy to see why. His edge is still razor-sharp, and seems to be getting harder. This is, after all, a guy who introduced the Smiths' "Meat Is Murder" the other night by referencing Thanksgiving the next day as "Thankskilling."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...e-last-minute-l-a-show-20111125#ixzz1eq04ChAu

The venue was a gigantic ballroom with a big stage stuck at one end. It looked really nice in there but that's about it. Lots and lots of fans were of the latino/mexican persuasion. Kristeen Young took the stage around 9:10 but after standing and waiting for over an hour the crowd was not excited about her at all. She made a pretty funny comment about making it through the maze and finding the ballroom. Seriously the venue was up on the fourth floor and down a bunch of creepy empty hallways, it was all I could do to follow the signs. The applause when she took a bow at the end of her set seemed to be an applause of relief and excitement that we were one step closer to Morrissey. A few videos were played before he took the stage, some of the same one's that he's used before on previous tours that I've been to with a few new ones. The crowd was excited about the New York Dolls video and it set a great atmosphere for Morrissey to walk out to. I think some bells were played but not for too long, and then Morrissey and the band walked on stage together. Morrissey said a few things in spanish and then launched directly into I Want the One I Can't Have right off the bat and the crowd went bonkers. The crowd was really excited for all of the Smiths classics and the more well known Morrissey songs. Morrissey thanked the crowd over and over, he seemed very gracious. In the middle of the set Morrissey introduced each member of his band and after he introduced the last one people were chanting "Morrissey! Morrissey!" to which he responded with a farting noise into the mic. There was a huge lull in the audience near the end of the setlist during the likes of Action my Middle Name, Paris, Meat is Murder, Satelite, Scandinavia, People are the Same Everywhere, and Dykes but he did sing I Know it's Over somewhere in between all of that which got everyone excited. But there was just like an onslaught of slow boring songs and people were just standing there. There was one stage invader (male) who kissed Morrissey on the face a few times and a whole bunch of failed attempts during Still Ill because security were being obnoxious. Morrissey attempted to pull a couple of people on stage with him during Still Ill but failed due to security being bastards. Morrissey played for his usually ~75 minutes and left everyone wanting more. He was given 3 or 4 records which he accepted graciously. One of them was Sacha someone (don't know the last name), one was just a 45 with no album art or anything but when Morrissey took it and read the label he seemed impressed and set it at the bass drum. Another one was a David Johansen solo record. During Still Ill, I was able to fight my way to the barrier because of all of the people that jumped over and Morrissey reached out and shook my hand which he did quite a bit of during the show. Morrissey took of his shirt and threw it into the crowd the end of the and people were going insane for a piece. (I got one!) One of the larger more immature security guards got extremely emotional about it and stood up on the barrier screaming "It's just a shirt! It's just a freakin shirt!" After the show got out it seemed like everyone was just complaining about things like Kristeen Young, the venue, the setlist, the size of the stage, the security, other fans etc. Kindof annoying. Lets see... I'm just trying to think of more details. Alma Matters, First of the Gang and Everyday is Like Sunday were not played. Morrissey made a comment at the end about how blessed he is. He just kept repeating "I'm truly blessed" or something like that but I thought it was really nice. I'm not sure how effective Meat is Murder w/ Peta video was because I saw a few fans in In N Out burger directly after the show! haha.
Ok so I know this review isn't well written but hopefully it gives some of you east coast fans a taste of what is happening this time around.

How many people recording that??? I'd have been miffed had I been a paying customer to that.

Experience the concert people, not bloody record it. It's not as if the quality is any good (see above).

My goodness, get these things banned at concerts.

You people are all the same. The distortions and imaginary creations of a handful of inebriated walking vegetables.
You all have the brains of eggplants and exist for no reason but to converse with yourselves and dispute and argue with each of your personlities as the rest of your personalities sit and take meds in a bottle of scotch.
Morrissey is horrified at what his fans have become and he wants each of your personalities to be put away right away.
He has shortened his show to get away from you all as quick as possible and also because Boz wants to go eat the soil so he can inhale the horse burgers and the moth burgers and the gerbiburgers as you likes gerbils in his anus as I want gerbils and I want to rain in my anus and I’ll be screaming in merriment and glee at the thought of box getting off there. You queer have no fear taxi is here my dear,. I eat the soil roosters he buried there
All of you personalities are boring and want to kill each other and 12 of them just held up a liquor store.
Morrissey cries on a potato you f***ed up ho you disgust me so and so Ii hate you miss me no? when he thinks of who his fans are and boz has to pull him out from under his bed where he hides for him to go on stage
I want to eat the soil by pouring gravy on it and eating it with a poon. I want more moth burgers I eat the soil.

The venue was a gigantic ballroom with a big stage stuck at one end. It looked really nice in there but that's about it. Lots and lots of fans were of the latino/mexican persuasion. Kristeen Young took the stage around 9:10 but after standing and waiting for over an hour the crowd was not excited about her at all. She made a pretty funny comment about making it through the maze and finding the ballroom. Seriously the venue was up on the fourth floor and down a bunch of creepy empty hallways, it was all I could do to follow the signs. The applause when she took a bow at the end of her set seemed to be an applause of relief and excitement that we were one step closer to Morrissey. A few videos were played before he took the stage, some of the same one's that he's used before on previous tours that I've been to with a few new ones. The crowd was excited about the New York Dolls video and it set a great atmosphere for Morrissey to walk out to. I think some bells were played but not for too long, and then Morrissey and the band walked on stage together. Morrissey said a few things in spanish and then launched directly into I Want the One I Can't Have right off the bat and the crowd went bonkers. The crowd was really excited for all of the Smiths classics and the more well known Morrissey songs. Morrissey thanked the crowd over and over, he seemed very gracious. In the middle of the set Morrissey introduced each member of his band and after he introduced the last one people were chanting "Morrissey! Morrissey!" to which he responded with a farting noise into the mic. There was a huge lull in the audience near the end of the setlist during the likes of Action my Middle Name, Paris, Meat is Murder, Satelite, Scandinavia, People are the Same Everywhere, and Dykes but he did sing I Know it's Over somewhere in between all of that which got everyone excited. But there was just like an onslaught of slow boring songs and people were just standing there. There was one stage invader (male) who kissed Morrissey on the face a few times and a whole bunch of failed attempts during Still Ill because security were being obnoxious. Morrissey attempted to pull a couple of people on stage with him during Still Ill but failed due to security being bastards. Morrissey played for his usually ~75 minutes and left everyone wanting more. He was given 3 or 4 records which he accepted graciously. One of them was Sacha someone (don't know the last name), one was just a 45 with no album art or anything but when Morrissey took it and read the label he seemed impressed and set it at the bass drum. Another one was a David Johansen solo record. During Still Ill, I was able to fight my way to the barrier because of all of the people that jumped over and Morrissey reached out and shook my hand which he did quite a bit of during the show. Morrissey took of his shirt and threw it into the crowd the end of the and people were going insane for a piece. (I got one!) One of the larger more immature security guards got extremely emotional about it and stood up on the barrier screaming "It's just a shirt! It's just a freakin shirt!" After the show got out it seemed like everyone was just complaining about things like Kristeen Young, the venue, the setlist, the size of the stage, the security, other fans etc. Kindof annoying. Lets see... I'm just trying to think of more details. Alma Matters, First of the Gang and Everyday is Like Sunday were not played. Morrissey made a comment at the end about how blessed he is. He just kept repeating "I'm truly blessed" or something like that but I thought it was really nice. I'm not sure how effective Meat is Murder w/ Peta video was because I saw a few fans in In N Out burger directly after the show! haha.
Ok so I know this review isn't well written but hopefully it gives some of you east coast fans a taste of what is happening this time around.

nice review

You people are all the same. The distortions and imaginary creations of a handful of inebriated walking vegetables.
You all have the brains of eggplants and exist for no reason but to converse with yourselves and dispute and argue with each of your personlities as the rest of your personalities sit and take meds in a bottle of scotch.
Morrissey is horrified at what his fans have become and he wants each of your personalities to be put away right away.
He has shortened his show to get away from you all as quick as possible and also because Boz wants to go eat the soil so he can inhale the horse burgers and the moth burgers and the gerbiburgers as you likes gerbils in his anus as I want gerbils and I want to rain in my anus and I’ll be screaming in merriment and glee at the thought of box getting off there. You queer have no fear taxi is here my dear,. I eat the soil roosters he buried there
All of you personalities are boring and want to kill each other and 12 of them just held up a liquor store.
Morrissey cries on a potato you f***ed up ho you disgust me so and so Ii hate you miss me no? when he thinks of who his fans are and boz has to pull him out from under his bed where he hides for him to go on stage
I want to eat the soil by pouring gravy on it and eating it with a poon. I want more moth burgers I eat the soil.

Nice review.

Show was good, but lots of idiots in the crowd that were passing out from drunkenness and people were fighting! People, get a life! Great set list. The videos that were shown between KY and Moz were the same from his last tour....need an update. Sound in the ballroom was lame. It was great to see Moz and his voice was lovely!

Morrissey was totally dialed in and on last night, seemed to be having the time of his life, voice sounded great, band completely tight , crowd energetic and rocking. It was a fantastic show. Everything regarding shirt changes and setlist consistant with other nights, greeted the crowd with a lot of Spanish, didn't change up the lyrics alot that I could audibly tell. There were a lot of records handed to him. I left the venue thinking it was 100% worth the trip out and money lost gambling. :DJust to give you an idea of how many people were there, I was about 6th people from the barrier and the rest of this room was filled to the brim.
6405310501_f15925c960.jpg

Morrissey looked as good as he sounded. :sweet:
6405315749_7834636848_z.jpg

I didn't get to see you

This last year has been so rough for me and I did not know if I would be able to make it. I have an advanced neuropathy, my docs think it is MS maybe ALS, and it is so hard for me to get around. The staff at the Cosmo was awesome at setting up the ADA section and providing a seat a seat for me. Without it I would not have been able to come. This show was so special for me, I don't know if it will be my last, as my condition progresses. It was hard not been able to be in the crowd, but I had a blast watching everyone and hugging those that made it on stage. To the wonderful Moz fans I was able to meet, you also made this show special. I thought Morrissey sounded amazing, and just hearing the first note sung was the BEST medicine I could ever have... Thank you Morrissey and the lads!!!!:guitar::guitar::guitar:

This last year has been so rough for me and I did not know if I would be able to make it. I have an advanced neuropathy, my docs think it is MS maybe ALS, and it is so hard for me to get around. The staff at the Cosmo was awesome at setting up the ADA section and providing a seat a seat for me. Without it I would not have been able to come. This show was so special for me, I don't know if it will be my last, as my condition progresses. It was hard not been able to be in the crowd, but I had a blast watching everyone and hugging those that made it on stage. To the wonderful Moz fans I was able to meet, you also made this show special. I thought Morrissey sounded amazing, and just hearing the first note sung was the BEST medicine I could ever have... Thank you Morrissey and the lads!!!!:guitar::guitar::guitar:

Whoever you, wherever you are, your words are a joy to read. I'm hurling wishes of well-being across the atlantic at you. May your god go with you xx

This show was brilliant. Yes, there were quite a few pushy rude people and bullies in the crowd, and a few fights, but I did my best to ignore those fools. I wasn't going to let some disrespectful, foul-spirited jackasses ruin this one for me. Most of the people there were great, but it only takes a few to mess things up. Morrissey was, as others have mentioned, in a good mood. He shook many hands, including mine, and clutched onto a few stage-stormers with a grin as the security ripped them away. Security was lame. Those guys were overly emotional and angry at times. It seemed the crowd was in charge and security was a bit overwhelmed by that realization. Moz sounded good though, and seemed to be enjoying himself. Speedway was fantastic. That was the highlight performance for me. Morrissey forever.

love moz, but the effort is hardly worth the price!
The venue was a joke as was cosmo's security!
To morriseey, lay off the blow and put on a show! I have seen better efforts from the homeless on the strip! Seriously!
I'll say it cause no one else will! Bs set list from a now hippocrit old guy! But he's the best thing left out there.

love moz, but the effort is hardly worth the price!
The venue was a joke as was cosmo's security!
To morriseey, lay off the blow and put on a show! I have seen better efforts from the homeless on the strip! Seriously!
I'll say it cause no one else will! Bs set list from a now hippocrit old guy! But he's the best thing left out there.

Oh Yeah? Pretty soon you're not going to be OUT there or anywhere for that matter.

Another white trash convention gone well I see. Liberace he will never be.

Urban again (the most hateful swede you will never see)

urban is a spin off of the host personality. Just one of many of the ONE with DID. He is a real winner of the infamous chat room, in the early 2000s. He's suppose to be dead and buried underneath the ground.

Hey Urban how's it hanging from the cemetry?

We will never see you because you don't exist. He took a lyric. We know who you are.

Urban is a symptom of a mental illness called "DID" He also uses the name Broken aka everyone.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom