Kig Live: Jakarta now cancelled (November 10, 2023)

Screenshot_20231110-223501.png
Screenshot_20231110-224005.png

Further to discussion in the Bangkok and Hong Kong thread, this appears to have been confirmed in the last ~10 hours - as this tweet was still promoting it then:

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
What I see Morrissey as, is a passionate and romantic man who wears his heart on his sleeve, and that’s an intense way to live. Part of the way he copes, is to cancel concerts. I’d rather him do that, than take drugs like Elvis did and have his body cease up on the toilet. Morrissey is in very good shape, physically and mentally, though he suffers from depression and throat cancer or whatever it is. I got mad too when he cancelled at the last minute on a concert here in Vancouver, Canada, but I’m over it, and believe it’s probably to do with his depression that he cancels and then can’t or won’t explain. I’ve experienced depression, and know someone who does, and it’s often not explainable. Maybe the word is ‘explicable’, for the word snobs out there.

What I see Morrissey as, is a passionate and romantic man who wears his heart on his sleeve, and that’s an intense way to live. Part of the way he copes, is to cancel concerts. I’d rather him do that, than take drugs like Elvis did and have his body cease up on the toilet. Morrissey is in very good shape, physically and mentally, though he suffers from depression and throat cancer or whatever it is. I got mad too when he cancelled at the last minute on a concert here in Vancouver, Canada, but I’m over it, and believe it’s probably to do with his depression that he cancels and then can’t or won’t explain. I’ve experienced depression, and know someone who does, and it’s often not explainable. Maybe the word is ‘explicable’, for the word snobs out there.

“Morrissey is in very good shape, physically and mentally, though he suffers from depression and throat cancer or whatever it is.”

Fansplaining at its finest! Well done!

Do you mean like a YATQ bouncing back?
That was his most spectacular comeback for sure. But he also managed to assemble a live band and then start a proliferent and steady songwriting partnership with Alain and Boz after several years of short-lived partnerships with various musicians he probably never really connected with. He turned the attention back to him when Autobiography was published in late 2013 (another year in which he cancelled lots of shows). It resulted in a contract for the recording of World peace, followed by a more generous 3CD contract with BMG.
If he took a year or two off, got professional PR and management, completely renovated Central, then self released BoT and then in 2025 self released WMTWD and toured that with proper promotion, interviews and real videos, it’s possible he might have a significant turn around/bounce back.
That would require him to accept a lot of changes, most fans would welcome it though.

View attachment 97559View attachment 97560

Further to discussion in the Bangkok and Hong Kong thread, this appears to have been confirmed in the last ~10 hours - as this tweet was still promoting it then:

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Just go on YouTube and watch one of the previous shows, will be same boring setlist, uneventful performance, save your money.

Brendan posted this on IG 6 days ago.. I wonder if it was a nod to what is going on with the cancellations. I am not a Morrissey fan TBH, I am a Buckley fan and he doesn't come to this side of the world often so I will be disappointed if he doesn't end up playing. I would go see him play with the Wiggles if that was his gig. LOL

Brendan posted this on IG 6 days ago.. I wonder if it was a nod to what is going on with the cancellations. I am not a Morrissey fan TBH, I am a Buckley fan and he doesn't come to this side of the world often so I will be disappointed if he doesn't end up playing. I would go see him play with the Wiggles if that was his gig. LOL

I wouldn't look too deep in to that perhaps.
He's prone to posting things at odds with his general happy-go-lucky persona.

IG story egs from the start of October:
brendanbuckley-07102023-0003.jpgbrendanbuckley-07102023-0002.jpgbrendanbuckley-07102023-0004.jpg

camgrey-20231113-0001.jpg

I guess time marches on - not how I'd imagine a broken foot would be treated.

Been walking around in Auckland today. A lot of posters for upcoming concerts but not a single one for Morrissey. Doesnt have to mean a thing.

But, a Facebook ad with more tickets availible for Sydney popped up. (Cant manage to post the screenshot)

Having continually checked, the same person on X pointing out the venue has removed the Morrissey listing in Japan has posted another 'countdown' to said event - which doesn't really evidence certainty.
So, again, will wait for Live Nation or similar to confirm.
FWD.
It's a countdown for tickets to be available from Nov 14th. But the venue removed him from schedule on Nov 6th or less. It's on X.

Just rename it "40 Years Of Morrissey Cancelling" with a list of dates and venues they never bothered booking in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom