Kick the bride down the aisle - what's it like?

A

Anonymous

It's made it into the set-list but info is scarce.
Anyone got any lyrics, youtube footage etc?
If you heard it, what kind of pace was it?
Much non-guitar stuff going on, keyboards, accordions etc?
Also, anyone know who composed the song?
Thanks...

Re: Kick the bride down the aisle

Oh thanks - sounds ok from the 15 second clip.
Appears to be a strummy, waltzy thing with a nice singing melody, and Moz narrating the song in the third person.
The quality of the music really seems to have gone up a notch or two on these new compositions.
Hard to understand why, really, considering most are Boz and Jesse tunes, and it's not as if they're new to the songwriting team...

Re: Kick the bride down the aisle

I have a two minute video which I will post when I get home.

Certain points make me think of a mix between "Yes, I Am Blind" and Lou Reed's "Perfect Day." That's just me, though.

Certain points make me think of a mix between "Yes, I Am Blind" and Lou Reed's "Perfect Day." That's just me, though.

Yeah, know what you mean.
The music does seem pretty good.
I think we're in for an album which is musically, at least, far superior to anything he's done since the 90s.

So happy to have heard this live last night. I enjoyed it.

I've been listening to this non stop since yesterday. I love everything about it, the music, the lyrics, the vocal melody. I especially like the way he sings "say" at the end of the chorus. I'm so excited for this album.

Last edited:
Very lazy dykesesque, an underrated 21st century Mozzer song. The cow misdirection is tremendous.

I've been listening a bit more.
Not sure about the lyrics but it's a good piece of music. Way above the quality of an average album song off Quarry/ROTT/YOR.
There are nice/interesting musical sections where Morrissey doesn't sing like we got in the early days.
About flipping time!

ahhhhh...love it! Some of the most bold lyrics he's written since The Smiths.

Everyone around me kept laughing at the lyrics, especially the cow bit. I really enjoyed it.

Against my will I listened to a few lines but I want to keep my ears free of new songs for the rest of the album. I read the lyrics and love them!

I guess I have to be the negative Neil who thinks that it's quite ordinary. The only thing earth-shattering is the return of Jesse's godawful dying cow howl of a lead tone - earth was literally shattered.

While Istanbul is quite good (in part because he looks externally in his lyrics) it does wear the influence of I Will See You In Far-Off Places and Ganglord quite heavily in places. As others have pointed out, there are traces of All The Lazy Dykes and Teenage Dad On His Estate here. I guess Morrissey had no need for Alain when he can just have Boz and Jesse mimic his chord patterns.

It angered me when he said it, but, as the years wear on, I think Elvis Costello had a point when he said the titles are quite good but the songs were forgotten in the process. I'm no big fan of the title track or Earth Is The Loneliest Planet, but I give him points for sonic/stylistic exploration. This song is Morrissey by numbers, with one nice verse.

On repeat listen, it is very much "Bride of Teenage Dad On His Estate."

Last edited:
So Morrissey premiers a new song from his new album three days ago. The result, one page worth of discussion. However if you'd like to discuss Moz's current boyfriend you've got a whole six pages of discussion to enjoy.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom