'It is better to speak' quote by Audre Lorde - M. Central update

It is better to speak - Morrissey Central
April 20, 2018

42859_42850_20180420_144925.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that you bring it up, I do remember a story where Johnny suggested Muhammad Ali for the cover of "Big Mouth Strikes Again" but it was vetoed by Morrissey. Anybody else remember this? It was about race.

1. No. (In response to "Anybody remember this?")
2. No, it wasn't about race. At all. Ever. (In response to "It was about race.")
3. We all know who was on the cover of BigMouth Strikes Again.
4. And it wasn't Muhammad Ali, Casius Clay or any Boxer, for that matter.
5. And that cover image - or ANY cover image - or colour does not mean that a person is racist, you fool.
6. Stop posting this rubbish.
7. The discussions (on all of The Smiths covers) were between Jo S and Caryn G and Morrissey.
8. Morrissey is NOT a racist. At all. Never has he been. Morrissey has "views" and he has "ideas" - basically of what Glorius England is like, was like and really should be like - as we all know. But those days are gone, sadly. However, that does not mean Morrissey is a racist at all. Nor me. Nor You. Only an idiot would draw a conclusion like that. And that's YOU x

Hazard

Now that you bring it up, I do remember a story where Johnny suggested Muhammad Ali for the cover of "Big Mouth Strikes Again" but it was vetoed by Morrissey. Anybody else remember this? It was about race.
I didn't bring it up. Some idiot here can claim responsibility for that.
I've never heard of Johnny Marr having anything to do with Smiths sleeves.
Personally I would've liked to have seen more Inuit people on the smiths sleeves but alas the chance is gone.
Ali on Bigmouth sounds a bit trite if we can stretch our imaginations to believe it.

The romans were clever people and buried Jesus body and his followers were stupid enough to believe that hhis body was left in there and that he went to heaven or something.
Any guy working with crime will just shake their head at it. Jesus died and he was a pathological liar with borderline and autism and he was gay as well.

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

Back
Top Bottom