"Israel" should be released as a solidarity single now

Of course the song is not appropriate for a war. I agree with everyone else that the suggestion in the OP is bonkers and offensive. But you continually misrepresent this song, ostensibly because it has some lines about sex, but probably (as usual) because you want to absolve Morrissey from having an opinion different from your own.

The singer of the song is steadfastly in solidarity with Israel, even if he "can't answer for what armies do." What Morrissey is somehow ignorant of is that the armies do what they do in order to sustain Israel's very existence—an existence which the singer is positive about: "love yourself | as you should | Israel." The transfer of the land from an Arab majority population into a Jewish majority state is the bone of contention that every one of these conflicts traces back to. Well, Morrissey supports that. Without those armies, he could not be lounging seaside in Tel Aviv having drinks with his generous, nightclubbing Israeli friends.

We have to face it, Morrissey is something of a Zionist according to the lyrics of this song. Giving what's currently going on, if he wants to clarify, he has a blog or he can speak from the stage, since he's touring while this whole thing rages. Nothing so far. "Children shelled? That's all very well." Les Tameside has aptly called Israel "Nietzsche in a nutshell," and I think that's totally correct. Nietzsche greatly admired the tenacity and hardness of the European Jews (see §205 of The Dawn of Day), and among Zionists the admiration was mutual.
Nietzsche was a crypto-Jew like every aristocrat, every Oscar/Emma/Grammy/Turner prize winner are/were. Hitler's DNA proved he was Jewish just like Himmler, Goebbels, Hess, etc. 'History is a lie agreed by both sides' said the Italian Napoleon Buonoparte.

Nietzsche was a crypto-Jew like every aristocrat, every Oscar/Emma/Grammy/Turner prize winner are/were. Hitler's DNA proved he was Jewish just like Himmler, Goebbels, Hess, etc. 'History is a lie agreed by both sides' said the Italian Napoleon Buonoparte.

Nietzsche was not a "crypto-Jew." He was from a German Christian family; his father was a Lutheran pastor. The canard that he was Jewish comes from his own insane attempt to distance himself from his fellow Germans, who he considered soft and degenerate. There was some Polish blood on his mother's side; from this he declared himself a "pure-blooded Polish noble" in his autobiography. Anti-Semites have since twisted this into him having been a Polish Jew. It just isn't the case.

And every Grammy winner is a crypto-Jew? You're out of your gourd. Kanye West?

Oh, look - here we go - desperate to get the propaganda on the site even before he's said something ridiculous like "as you can see there's no media support for Israel, because the state doesn't want to offend muslim voters so they ignore the murder of babies & give them no support. And we have to be realistic and deport them all before they behead us".

Yes, amongst other uses, these are two ways that songs are used in wartime.

Think of all the thrash-metal and nü-metal that American troops put on to psyche themselves up before they rained holy hell down on the Iraqis and Afghanis. I'll bet Kid Rock's American Badass was in heavy rotation. Fortunately, even if Morrissey does take you up on your suggestion, I don't think Israel will be a hit with young IDF soldiers. It's a great song, but the tempo is a plodder. These kids are into techno and shit.

Think of all the thrash-metal and nü-metal that American troops put on to psyche themselves up before they rained holy hell down on the Iraqis and Afghanis. I'll bet Kid Rock's American Badass was in heavy rotation. Fortunately, even if Morrissey does take you up on your suggestion, I don't think Israel will be a hit with young IDF soldiers. It's a great song, but the tempo is a plodder. These kids are into techno and shit.
I think that the population of Israel (+ foreign supporters of the only democracy (maybe not so democratic anymore though) in the Middle East) consists of more than IDF soldiers. Those guys should listen to I Bury The Living instead, perhaps, even though that song, like Israel, mentions Jesus, which may be seen as offensive/blasphemic to some jews. Because I think that in jewish tradition, Jesus was just a charlatan claiming to be the Messiah and son of "God", I think. Maybe Morrissey actually is the real jewish "Messiah". He could be seen as a "liberator of people" (and animals), as a messiah is supposed to be in the so-called monopolistic religions from the ancient desert. Just kidding. 'Nudge, nudge', like I've seen on telly, that they say in the UK and so on and so no ;)

Last edited:
Either everything you're saying on this thread is a "J/K" in bad taste, or you're in the thrall of pro-Israel propaganda &/or the Western war machine.

I doubt a Jew would object to the references to Jesus in either song, though, as neither one acclaims him as messiah. The mention in Israel makes him a vicious prude, and in I Bury the Living he's just the hollow appeal of the unthinking Christian soldier. I love those two songs. What Morrissey and Jews have in common is they both seem not to take Jesus very seriously—with the provision that things may've changed for Morrissey in the last six years, as nowadays he's singing about cathedrals and brandishing a Rosary necklace.

Just like after the Paris attacks in 2015, where Morrissey wanted to re-release "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris", now is the time for Morrissey (who received the keys to Tel Aviv in 2012) to show his support after the barbaric attacks on innocent civilians. I'm sure most of the Israeli population haven't heard the song before. Now would be the perfect timing to push "Israel" for LIHS, and I think the population of Israel could find the lyrics a bit comforting during these hellish times:

"You realize if you're happy,
Jesus sends you straight to hell?
Israel, Israel
and should you dare enjoy your body:
here tolls Hades welcome bell!
Israel, Israel
you've found a middle course existence
we're all bones and flesh and shell
Israel, Israel
I can't answer for what armies do
they are not you, they are not yo
they are not you
in other climes they bitch and whine
just because you're not like them
Israel, Israel
the sky is dark for many others
they want it dark for you as well
Israel, Israel
earth is just one big asylum
an explosive prison cell
see us squirm in our own damaged spell
you were born as guilty sinners
before you stood up right, you fell
put the fear of many gods in Israel
nature gave you every impulse
who are virgin priests to tell
you how to love, how to live, Israel?
and they who reign, abuse, upon you
they are jealous of you as well
love yourself, as you should, Israel"
Israeli is a apartheid and terrorist State. Morriseys support for so called Israeli is an absolute disgrace and he should hang his head in shame. The Genocide will not end well for Israeli and the Palestinian desire for freedom and the return of stolen lands will never diminish. Free Palestine Free Gaza.

I think enough time has passed that it would now be appropriate! I think it would lend inspiration and morale that is so important when you're about to beat someone's ass into the stone age.

I think enough time has passed that it would now be appropriate! I think it would lend inspiration and morale that is so important when you're about to beat someone's ass into the stone age.

And maybe a music video could be made for it. A "celebrities for Israel" kind of thing. Scenes of bombs obliterating Gaza, dead children, and homeless pets, interspersed with interpretative dance and Samoan tongue-wagging war dance by Bari Weiss, Noa Tishby, and "the Trigger boys." Kind of a B-list cast there, but you take what you can get, I suppose.

And maybe a music video could be made for it. A "celebrities for Israel" kind of thing. Scenes of bombs obliterating Gaza, dead children, and homeless pets, interspersed with interpretative dance and Samoan tongue-wagging war dance by Bari Weiss, Noa Tishby, and "the Trigger boys." Kind of a B-list cast there, but you take what you can get, I suppose.
Love your vision!! ❤️ 🇮🇱 :rock:

Morrissey having an Israel flag on stage was the beginning of the end for me. How can anyone of Irish blood support their settler colonialism.

Morrissey having an Israel flag on stage was the beginning of the end for me. How can anyone of Irish blood support their settler colonialism.
I think the exceptional persecution of Jews was indoctrinated into generations of people after WWII. The reaction of many states and institutions now to people supporting Palestinians, accusing them of anti-Semitism, shows how widespread this dogma became, and how it was foregrounded as a pattern of truths and fates to eclipse other truths and fates. Societal beliefs like this are learned subconsciously, and it can take a while to realise the situation is no longer how it used to be, or how it is still painted.

Can dreamy dougie be in it, too?!

For sure! He can wear his muscle-hugging beefcake sweater and his journalist’s flak jacket, and he’ll be screaming (captioned) “I’m reporting from Tel Aviv and these jihadi f*ckers are shooting missiles at me! Israel needs another 18 billion America LOL!

Back
Top Bottom