Is being a bastard integral

Lucky_Lisp

to career success? It appears to me that to climb the ladder you have to be majority bastard. This depresses me because I'm not very bastardy. I want to be a high flyer (I think), I want to be financially comfortable without being a bastard and without stepping on peoples' faces to get what I want.

Any bastards/non-bastards who care to discuss this?

Re: Is being a bastard integral....

You could just try being a bitch for a while and see how that works out. :p

Nope. I know it seems that way. What's integral is learning how to play their game -- talk the talk, don't make waves unless it's Wave Making Time, know who falls where on the hierarchy, etc. I've never mastered it... Cuz I don't really care to. I wish you luck though. :)

There's room at the top
They are telling you still
Bur first you must learn
How to smile when you kill

just a thought, not mine.

You ought to read "How To Win Friends and Influence People" though. It's an old book, but a classic with good ideas.

My original thought on the subject is that we are all unique. We all have different talents, interests, and a different background. The people who I look at as being really successful do it by doing what they love in their own way. There is more value in something unique or rare always than in something that is quality, but easy to find. You will stand out if you do it your way, and no one else can be you, anymore than you can be anyone else.

I'm not sure what you are planning on doing that would involve being a bastard, but if you aren't the one on top, dealing from a position of power, and you don't have the instinct to stick it to them, you're going to wind up getting f***ed over anyway.

I think bastardish people tend to do well because they are very focused on getting what they want. They are not troubled by self-doubt, feelings of unworthiness, ethical dilemmas, concern for others' well-being and success, etc. that hinder non-bastardish people.

Back
Top Bottom