I don't like Johnny Marr

M

MuteWitness616

Does anybody also dislike him?

I don't think he really was a "smith". I never met him, nor do I know much about him because he really doesn't interest me, but I just feel like i don't know...

I don't like him.

guy's a guitar god.

Johnny Marr? If it wasn't for Johnny, the Smiths never would have existed.

Morrissey loves this guy just about as much as we love him.

Johnny is a great song writer and guitar player and good friend for Morrissey.

If you're planning on dissing a Smith, I'd go for Mike.

I don't think he really was a "smith". I never met him, nor do I know much about him because he really doesn't interest me, but I just feel like i don't know...

I don't like him.

Well...he is most definitely a "smith". In fact, without him, there would never have been a Smiths, and there's a good chance Morrissey wouldn't be where he is now. :thumb:

I've never met him either, but I love his work. What is it about him that turns you off?

I agree with what everyone else is saying. Also, he's not only the nicest famous person I've ever met, but he's possibly the nicest human being I've ever met. Where "nice" means humble, caring, kind, friendly, deep, effortlessly charming in a very sincere way, affectionate, and genuinely interested in his fans. Every time I'm near him I leave feeling like I want to be a better person.

It must suck that 70-80% of the best songs Morrissey ever recorded were co-written by a guy you dislike.

Well...he is most definitely a "smith". In fact, without him, there would never have been a Smiths, and there's a good chance Morrissey wouldn't be where he is now. :thumb:

I've never met him either, but I love his work. What is it about him that turns you off?

...and he's a Manchester City fan too:cool: - top bloke:bow:

Jukebox Jury

There are no shortage of people who don't like/rate his post-Smiths output, and maybe those who still harbour resentment over him leaving the Smiths, but you'd be hard pressed to find people who don't like him as a person.

In his interviews and by almost all accounts from fans that have met him, he's a decent, unpretentious, approachable guy.

What led you to dislike him?

I've said it before, but I'd love it if he'd just send Moz some demos in the post (or via email as it were). No fuss, no tour necessarily, just some music he thought would fit Morrissey's next album.

I don't like him.

I'd go for Mike.
This was just to funny to read... I suppose there are many young folks getting to know Morrissey and that is wonderful.. Yet ignorance can be bliss.. In this case..
Not that Ignorant is wrong.. But it is important to hop before you leap! Now being plane stupid is another thing that is just being plain mean.
See, guitarist Johnny Marr wrote several songs that appeared on The Queen Is Dead while The Smiths, Morrissey included, toured Britain in early 1985, working out song arrangements with bassist Andy Rourke and drummer Mike Joyce during soundchecks.After releasing their September 1985 single, "The Boy with the Thorn in His Side" this song was included on The Queen Is Dead in 1986.:)
I'm just saying because this is, I would say my favorite album ever! it is the first one I will always grab first when I want to listen to anything Morrissey..
Morrissey is just so Brilliant! And Sir Johnny Marr Is just one of the greatest guitarist that has lived.
When I first heard a song that Modest mouse came out with some years back.. sheech what was it 04 or 05 not sure.. But I remember listening to the guitar and not knowing for sure i could tell it was Johnny Marr!.
I just love him. And I am as greatful to him as I am to Morrissey.
Now attitudes are differant.

hahahaha
Some of you just make me giggle..Sing your life!!:guitar:..

Johnny Marr? If it wasn't for Johnny, the Smiths never would have existed.

Morrissey loves this guy just about as much as we love him.

Johnny is a great song writer and guitar player and good friend for Morrissey.

If you're planning on dissing a Smith, I'd go for Mike.

Or Craig!

I don't like him.

You can't be serious.

Johnny Marr was 'The Smiths', he started the band, sustained it and ended it.

I agree with what everyone else is saying. Also, he's not only the nicest famous person I've ever met, but he's possibly the nicest human being I've ever met. Where "nice" means humble, caring, kind, friendly, deep, effortlessly charming in a very sincere way, affectionate, and genuinely interested in his fans. Every time I'm near him I leave feeling like I want to be a better person.

Agreed.

He's a very warm person I think - very difficult to dislike, especially for someone who knows nothing about him :confused:

How can you dis-like him? You don't know him, he is a guitar genius, and how can you say he is not a Smith? I tell ya, these toddlers like mutewitness616 kill me..

Tags
mutethyself mw616=halfwit teenbraggadocio
Back
Top Bottom