I am rather surprised by how many of you…

As much as I love, love, love Morrissey to pieces, and will always buy his albums regardless of quality, I am very disappointed with ROTT and rarely listen to it. As much as it hurts to say it, definately sub-par.
It's not his best lyrically and, as has often happened throughout his solo career, it's just sub-standard musically.

Oh, Johnny! Why'd you leeeeave!???? :(

That said, I still love Morrissey as much as ever.

agreed. I'm so not a fan of this album. Some of the songs are fantastic, but most just make me want to reach for the "next" button. Even after I've listened to this album over and over there aren't a lot I like.

The "B-sides" on the singles recently have been awesome though. Like Ganglord, that's got to be one of my favorite songs ever.

agreed. I'm so not a fan of this album. Some of the songs are fantastic, but most just make me want to reach for the "next" button. Even after I've listened to this album over and over there aren't a lot I like.

The "B-sides" on the singles recently have been awesome though. Like Ganglord, that's got to be one of my favorite songs ever.

Yes, Ganglord is great;but I think "If you don't like me....'' is even better:) .I really don't understand why they are not part of the album!:eek:

I think ROTT is excellent, and I particularly like Ganglord and Christian Dior as B-sides.

If you want Moz and the band to replicate the rasping, guitar driven feel of Your Arsenal and the like, or the jangly sound of the Smiths albums, or say the keyboard/experimental stuff on Bona Drag, then yes ROTT isn't going to cut it for you. But his music changes. If he was reproducing the same sound album in and album out, he'd get boring very quickly.

I personally think the two albums since his comeback are excellent pieces of work, and time will judge them as such.

Last edited:
I want new music, just like the next person. Just not bad new music.

Back
Top Bottom