How long will it take for him to cancel Cheltenham

To clarify:-

This venue is housed within the gates of Prestbury Park, otherwise known as Cheltenham Racecourse. As well as being the home of UK National Hunt horseracing, the venue holds the Steeplechase Hall of Fame. Even is all this has passed by the attentions of Morrissey, do people think that he wouldn't have noticed that he was entering....?

Cheltenham.jpg

Better for him to cancel now than having a hissy fit when he got there!

Also this fallacy that horseracing is a cruel sport is beyond me. Yes some of the horses are put down due to their injuries but this is a tiny minority. Little men riding horses may appear cruel to you for entertainment but there's a whole lot more to National Jump racing than that.

On the animal welffare angle why not mention the stablelads and lasses who care for the racehorses as if they were their own pets and form special bonds with them?
Racehorses are treated better and cared for more diligently than most other domesticated animals, including pets.

How come you're only sure that horses love running around a field but you know for a fact that they don't enjoy racing?

Ok I'll rephrase that - I think some horses quite like running.

But I KNOW they don't like being forced to run faster than they're physically capable of to the point of injury or death (because I, unlike some others, have common sense and emotional intelligence). :)

Are the horses you're talking about that just want to eat grass all day trapped in the fields by people? If so that would explain why they don't run anywhere...

I suppose you could ban horse racing, if you want to see an entire breed of animal wiped out that is. Hmmm, very animal loving.

Are you serious?! You might not realise this but horses are perfectly capable of breeding naturally (are you 5?)

It's a shame for the people who are disappointed about the cancelled gig. But put it into perspective - they'll get over it, they'll live. Also remember that it's not Morrissey's fault - he didn't book the gigs, and wouldn't have booked a racecourse. His tour manager is to blame. I agree that Plymouth is quite a way from Cheltenham, but he has played Cheltenham within the last few years, and there's plenty of transport to and from Plymouth. You've had enough notice - the gigs aren't until the end of June!!

Better for him to cancel now than having a hissy fit when he got there!

THIS. I'd rather he cancelled a gig near me and I had to travel a bit further to see him play a great gig than turn up at the first one, watch him huff a bit about the venue then give a bored performance and then leave early.

Are you serious?! You might not realise this but horses are perfectly capable of breeding naturally (are you 5?)

I'm well aware that horses are capable of breeding by themselves. Are you aware that 'horse' is a species & the thoroughbred racehorse is a breed from that species? Hence 'seeing an entire breed of animal wiped out.'

There are many valid reasons to oppose horse racing - that they don't want to do it isn't one of them.

Just wanted to ask a question,
is it inappropriate to ride horses if you aren't racing them?
i mean, from an animal rights activist's position.
it seems like at least a handful of people think it's wrong to even have a pet.
not sure if this question is best posed in this thread, but the topic has at least been broached.
i'm curious what people think....

Back
Top Bottom