How did "Beethoven was deaf" get its name?

Cuddle

Please hug me
As I was listening to it yesterday I suddenly realized I don't know where "Beethoven was deaf" got its title from. Any ideas on what it means?

Oh you're kidding me. :eek: :rolleyes:

Seriously, I wondered if it was something along the lines of 'Morrissey is the least likely person to have had a successful music career since... since... I dunno, Beethoven - - because Beethoven was deaf.'

Seriously, I wondered if it was something along the lines of 'Morrissey is the least likely person to have had a successful music career since... since... I dunno, Beethoven - - because Beethoven was deaf.'

I think it's more of a self deprecation...
You have to be deaf to listen to this.

Kumo

now cmon you seriously didn't know Beethoven was deaf?

you're kidding right?

As I was listening to it yesterday I suddenly realized I don't know where "Beethoven was deaf" got its title from. Any ideas on what it means?

Pardon!

Oh you're kidding me. :rolleyes:

hehe, reminds me of a anecdote someone posted on this site once (can't quite remember who :confused: ) whereby they'd been in a pub playing pool with some men, and in relation to Morrissey, one of them said "He's had a really good career for a deaf bloke" :D I think it may have been in a thread called "Amusing Morrissey Faux-Pas" or something like that, it was quite a while ago. Funny anyway :p

Thanks for giving us a good laugh, I told my children about this and they just looked at me and said 'because he was deaf'.

It's nearly as bad as the person who didn't know what the National Front was.

There was me thinking Morrissey fans were intelligent.

Thanks for giving us a good laugh, I told my children about this and they just looked at me and said 'because he was deaf'.

It's nearly as bad as the person who didn't know what the National Front was.

There was me thinking Morrissey fans were intelligent.
admitably not knowing who the NF are isn't so bad as at is a british only organisation.

I always thought it was a self deprecatory humouristic jape. We all know Beethoven was deaf, but what about the stupendous music? Moz is saying, yes, it's alive show, and you may not like the music, but you can't disagree that I'm pretty bloody good.

Peter

i was just pointing out that the person who didn't know what the NF was isn't as unintelligent as the person who doesn't know how beethoven was deaf got its name!

I agree with UncleSkinny...Except...

If you look at the title its Beethoven was deaf, I think Morrissey is drawing parrallels

Beethoven, despite his physical condition of deafness wrote fantastic music.

Morrissey at one point had a speech impedement, a physical condition that did not prevent him becomming one of the greatest singers.

Well thats my intepritation.

Reg

Back
Top Bottom