Has anyone read this? (Saint Morrissey by Mark Simpson)

It is my favourite Moz book aswell. In fact, it is one of the very best books I have read about anything.

It's one of my favourite books although looking at it objectively it is a little too fawning in its praise but then again you just have to look at the title.

When Simpson says things like Morrissey destroyed sex in modern culture it comes off a bit ridiculous although in context you kind of see what he means. Still the book does well in identifying potential psychological reasons why Morrissey is who he is and why we love him so much but seems to overrate his influence just a tad. (Not to suggest Morrissey hasn't had a large influence both directly and indirectly)

I've never read this one.
It seems nice but I've got no time to read books about Morrissey's life.

Bollocks, I just went to look this book out and remembered that I lent it to someone at work who left 2 weeks ago. Guess I'll be buying it again if I ever want to read it. :mad:

it is annoying and poorly written. in that i wanted to read a book about morrissey, the author wrote entirely too much about himself for my taste.

I only have read the UK edition, but didn't someone say there are extra chapters added to this American edition or did I dream that? :lbf::D

I think Simpson approaches his subject in the right way. Afterall, Morrissey examines subjects in such a way that part of himself is assimilated to the benefit of the overall message.

Back
Top Bottom