Happy Birthday Johnny Marr (and Uncleskinny)

How can Marr say that he has no interest at all in playing the old songs with Morrissey when, every time he gets together with that dreary berk from Crowded Ends, all they ever do is play Smiths songs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday, Uncle Skinny.

Let's face it, Peter will read it and Johnny probably won't ;)

How can Marr say that he has no interest at all in playing the old songs with Morrissey when, every time he gets together with that dreary berk from Crowded Ends, all they ever do is play Smiths songs!

This!

Re: Happy Birthday Johnny Marr (and Uncle Skinny)

Yeah. I just read it in the mozipedia. "Two years younger than Marr, Angie Brown not only shared his birthday but the same dark colouring and petite physique."

Isn't it "dangerous" to marry someone born on the same day/zodiac sign as you? :squiffy:

Re: same zodiac signs couples

Isn't it "dangerous" to marry someone born on the same day/zodiac sign as you? :squiffy:

Nope.

Simon and Yasmin LeBon

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zita Jones

Mr and Mrs Uncleskinny

Mr and Mrs W (one of my friends, parents of a very famous British artist)

Mr and Mrs HIM-full (I miss them very much)

They have the same zodiac sign and happily married.

Last edited:

Hahaha, that's a very good point Maurice! Although in fairness, I think the Smiths songs with Finn etc are just a whim, a bit of nostalgic indulgence on Marr's part - they don't have any real significance beyond that exact moment.

Bring Morrissey into the equation and it's a different ball game entirely; the songs represent the history, the friendships, their very lives at the time of writing. Marr said to Morley in that very interview ^ that he can view "The Smiths" almost in a detached light now, as though he were not involved. I very much doubt he would be able to do that if he were stood 2 feet from Morrissey, hearing him sing "There Is a Light...", which is most likely why a reunion will never happen.

Hahaha, that's a very good point Maurice! Although in fairness, I think the Smiths songs with Finn etc are just a whim, a bit of nostalgic indulgence on Marr's part - they don't have any real significance beyond that exact moment.

Bring Morrissey into the equation and it's a different ball game entirely; the songs represent the history, the friendships, their very lives at the time of writing. Marr said to Morley in that very interview ^ that he can view "The Smiths" almost in a detached light now, as though he were not involved. I very much doubt he would be able to do that if he were stood 2 feet from Morrissey, hearing him sing "There Is a Light...", which is most likely why a reunion will never happen.

I thought the only reason there was no reunion is because Morrissey wanted nothing to do with it.

I thought the only reason there was no reunion is because Morrissey wanted nothing to do with it.

Hah, well that too, but I suspect the reason he wants nothing to do with it (apart from despising Joyce, of course) - is because there is too much history there and too much time past to want to rake it all up again, the same as Marr. Moz has worked too hard to forge a solo career to then piss on it for the sake of a Smiths reunion. His pride wouldn't let him do it.

Back
Top Bottom