Great interview with Johnny on Pitchfork

I guess a reunion is out of the question ;)

Pitchfork: You said in a recent interview that you and Morrissey aren't feuding, and that you email with each other. Is that true?

JM: I'm done talking about that shit. Who cares?

http://pitchfork.com/news/36794-joh...-cribs-and-modest-mouse-not-about-the-smiths/

Johnny, you bitch! :lbf:

He seems to change his mind on discussing the Smiths every time he gives an interview. He's talked about them non-stop whilst promoting the Cribs album, even.

:rolleyes: Johnny, next time, forward the interviewer a calendar and highlight in bright yellow the days when you're pmsing. Ta.

Boys and their moodswings, I swear...

When he says 'that shit,' does he mean Morrissey? :o
Aww, Johnny, that's not nice :D

It was kind of a stupid question to ask though IMO. He said it. If it's true, then I'd imagine I'd be rather annoyed with it as well, because I was already asked. If it's not true, do you really want to hear a lie again? :rolleyes:

Overall though, he does seem rather pissy throughout the whole conversation. Maybe they just caught him at a bad time:

"Pitchfork: That's a really good position to be in.

JM: Yeah, that's right. It is really good. Because none of us is stupid."
:lbf:

Pitchfork: You said in a recent interview that you and Morrissey aren't feuding, and that you email with each other. Is that true?

JM: I'm done talking about that shit. Who cares?

On Johnny's website, the link to the article is on the front page. Looks like he's fine with the interview, all of it.

The above comment seems to be directed to the question and not to Morrissey. And really, who cares...

Though I do like it when he uses bad words. :p

Last edited:
Can you people really blame him for being sick and tired of answering the same old questions?
It must get very f***ing tedious. I'm with Johnny on this one. People overreact to such little bits of news.

Mmmmm. I think what Johnny's trying to tell us, really, with this elaborate sentence :straightface: is that the other interviewer, who caught him on a candid, honest, open, no hang-ups, almost buddhist day, was very very lucky. That guy is going to be able to boast for the rest of his career that he's the one who got Johnny Marr to admit he "missed Morrissey a bit :blushing:."

But that was a one off, and now it's back to business as usual, life goes on, hey I'm a man, enough of that girly talk blahdeblah.

We all have very few of these no-problem-with-anyone-at-peace-with-the world-days when we allow ourselves to let our guard down, but it's good to see one sometimes, and Mr Marr should feel proud he had one.:thumb:

...We're still waiting for Morrissey to have one of these days (in a non recording way I mean :straightface: like, in re a li ty ) .:lbf:

He keeps his hidden.

Now you know the next interviewer is gonna ask, "You said in a recent interview that you're done talking about that shit and that you don't care. Is that true?"

Back
Top Bottom