gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it’s a guitarist issue, but if it is, you’re right. I’m sure Jesse could handle it. I think they’ve got most of Alain’s recordings playing these songs from the previous legs. They could always run them as backing tracks and he could play over them if they’re not already.
No they were not playing on top of AWs work. You could clearly see they were playing their own parts, last night anyway.
I can't speak about Israel gigs, as I wasn't there . Going by the YouTube videos the band were finding their feet on the first night and it did seem a bit off , I would have thought if they were playing over tracks it would have sounded better ?
Is it common in M camp then, to play on recorded music ?
I wish Alain and Boz would have fecking played over Johnny's music back in the day, I can remember they butchered shoplifters etc time and time again.
Does AW often play over over people's music ? Not having a fecking dig, just never heard mention of a proper band playing over recorded music .
Not keen on the lyrics to the new song but AWs music is great
Is the rest of the LP in that funky 70s disco mode? I wish the new music would get fecking released, already.

Back to the line up I really think the girls are good . Most people who go to Ms gigs have no clue about the band they are really just there for M. So I don't think the majority miss Boz or AW or whoever that much. Mostly it's the usual "where's Johnny fecking Marr", if anything . I did enjoy the gigs with AW last year . The band were great . So I was worried when two of them left . But last night was fire .credit where it's due Jesse has quite a nice little unit. They just need to redo the set list, maybe
little Man What Now
Maladjusted
Last Night M Street
Trouble loves me
Spring Heeled Jim
Suffer Little Children
Mute Witness
A Rush and a Push
NF Disco
River Clean
I live in Oblivion
Break Up The Fam
You Just Haven't earned it yet baby
I thought You were dead .
I wish You Lonely
He knows I'd love to see him
Lucky lisp
Queen is Dead .
Encore -
Disappointed
November Spawned Monster

Macron thinks that computer games are partly to blame for the Paris riots. I don’t know what to believe anymore. Is he spreading misinformation?

How could he possibly know that?

Afraid of more hecklers after playing it cool last evening? Maybe.
Not afraid; the Ports Mouth / Bigmouth announcement suggests they relished the argey bargy. But there might be a raised security risk especially as the stabbing inquest was held just 2 days ago - https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/inquests-opened-deaths-nottingham-attack-8583371

Although I wonder if there's some truth in the Carmen rumour. I don't know how well that's going, although I doubt there's been any sudden departure. It must feel strange not to have a buddy mate in that close corner anymore. Takes some adjusting all round. No issues like that with Camila. Could be wrong.

The most common rumour on socials seems to be the venue, not Moz or team (doesn’t excuse no statement from management).

Quite a few different people say they have had it confirmed it was the venue that cancelled, but yet so see any actual supporting evidence.

And before you say it’s super fans who won’t have any criticism of Moz, by the looks of it - some of them are usually critical.

There were multiple hecklers at different points of the show. Though the vast majority of the crowd were appreciative I can understand it affecting Morrissey enough not to feel up to doing the show today. Lots of speculation regarding physical health, but no one considers mental health as being just as important.
Are hecklers approached and warned by security, and asked to leave if they keep it up?

The worst I've heard at gigs were over-enthusiastic loud comments about Johnny Marr.

Yes - the most likely total guess 🙂. Much as I love Moz I have to say it seems highly likely he is at fault here because if there was a reasonable excuse why on earth would he not give it?
If he explained why he cancelled the gig at the very last minute we wouldn’t have to guess, would we?!

Never complain, never explain.

Unofficial but kinda official confirmation the gig was not cancelled by the venue (this guy is a tech for the Nottingham concert hall)
1688939133848.png

The most common rumour on socials seems to be the venue, not Moz or team (doesn’t excuse no statement from management).

Quite a few different people say they have had it confirmed it was the venue that cancelled, but yet so see any actual supporting evidence.

And before you say it’s super fans who won’t have any criticism of Moz, by the looks of it - some of them are usually critical.

Them venue's got quirks to'em some times.
🏛️

Unofficial but kinda official confirmation the gig was not cancelled by the venue (this guy is a tech for the Nottingham concert hall)View attachment 92861
Thanks for this find. Are any of the other UK shows so seated? As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I was sceptical about how this would work re. standing. Reviews of other bands suggest it’s never worked particularly well.

Although, he was probably off his tits at 6am this morning and decided to go to the British GP in a helicopter.

Thanks for this find. Are any of the other UK shows so seated?
Liverpool is. There are no general admission tickets. The front row was sold as a "VIP experience". There is no standing room between the front row and the stage at Liverpool Empire. I think Nottingham is similar.

Last edited:
he used to always lay on the ground during concerts,did it on the ringleader tour as well.dont know why your pal had her head in her hands.
Probally embarassed in a funny way, I dont think she was impressed when he took his shirt off - he must of been in his late forties then.

Thanks for this find. Are any of the other UK shows so seated? As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I was sceptical about how this would work re. standing. Reviews of other bands suggest it’s never worked particularly well.

Although, he was probably off his tits at 6am this morning and decided to go to the British GP in a helicopter.
Blackpool was if I recall - they just designate the stalls seating as standing

I think this is the main issue. Morrissey got spooked by the amount of heckling at Portsmouth, and is concerned something similar is going to happen on the rest of the tour. As an all-seated gig there is no barrier at Nottingham, so he might be worried someone is either going to get on stage and protest (Hugh got a lifetime ban years ago for threatening to jump on stage with a Palestinian flag) or even physically attack him. Leeds won't be an issue as it has a huge barrier, so that's why they know that show is going ahead.

I expect at future gigs, there might be a bigger gap between the barrier and the stage, more heavy handed security, no stage invasions allowed, and any hecklers tossed out of the gig pronto. Hopefully they have time to sort out the Liverpool shows, or they'll be pulled too.

Exactly right. WTF does The Cures' tour have to do with it? I've seen a 2.5 hour set list of the Cure and it is painfully long. The first hour was amazing but after 1.5 hours it gets old, especially when they go into the Hits which bore me to tears.

Who didn't see this coming?

Actually, what I said was

To Morrissey, 'That song's Bullsh1t'
To Carmen, 'You should be ashamed of yourself'
To Juan, 'And you should be ashamed of yourself'.

Given that 99% of us on here probably agree that Notre-Dame almost certainly wasn't caused by a Muslim terrorist attack, it's perhaps not surprising that one of us thought to mention it given the opportunity.

Do the guys in the band really want to be involved in stirring up racial tension? It would be a bit odd.
Ah, so you’re the bright spark who I saw shouting all that. Moz definitely won that one mate, considering how well he played it off before segueing into Irish Blood, English Heart. There definitely was something suspect about Notre-Dame, and it’s not wrong to question why everyone seemed to move on so quickly and act all hush-hush, so I applaud Moz for making a song no other artist would dare to make. Agree or disagree, the man can sing about what he wants - if you don’t like it, just don’t buy a ticket so you don’t end up making a nuisance of yourself.

Ah, so you’re the bright spark who I saw shouting all that. Moz definitely won that one mate, considering how well he played it off before segueing into Irish Blood, English Heart. There definitely was something suspect about Notre-Dame, and it’s not wrong to question why everyone seemed to move on so quickly and act all hush-hush, so I applaud Moz for making a song no other artist would dare to make. Agree or disagree, the man can sing about what he wants - if you don’t like it, just don’t buy a ticket so you don’t end up making a nuisance of yourself.
This ^^^

It's an idiotic song to write, and even more so to play live. You can see the difference between "N-D" and "BoT" which was, despite its controversy, well received when he performed it last year.

If he keeps performing "N-D", things will only get worse...
Actually the vast majority of the audience applauded ND and cheered for Moz, it was only one obnoxiously loud f***er that ruined it for the most of us.

Back
Top Bottom