GA Line etiquette

Have you found some teenagers to stand in line for us yet?

!!! Corrissey was gonna do that. I don't know any teenagers. I could hire my babysitter to do it, but she's not a teenager, and she's quite expensive. This would work best if the teenagers we hire are willing to do it for a couple of six packs. Win-win.

Also: there is a fantastic Ethiopian restaurant right by the Aragon, just west on Lawrence, at Broadway. Really, really good, vegetarian friendly place.

You ask a great question about holding a place in line for someone. A friend of mine grabbed me a ticket for Webster Hall but is working half a day. I'd have no problem getting up there early to queue but I don't want to cause any problems by saving her a spot in line if she takes longer then I expect to get there. Knowing her, teling me she'll be there at one o'clock may turn into five o'clock because she has a very demanding job.

I don't think there is a problem with holding a spot for someone who is attending with you, or even being in line for a while and then wondering off for a while to have a break to stretch your legs or maybe even get some shut eye or to go eat. Even having a tag team thing go where one person is in line and then another of their party spells them etc.
I think the problem is with one person being there all day and then out of nowhere come 5, 10, 15 others who join up.

!!! Corrissey was gonna do that. I don't know any teenagers. I could hire my babysitter to do it, but she's not a teenager, and she's quite expensive. This would work best if the teenagers we hire are willing to do it for a couple of six packs. Win-win.

Also: there is a fantastic Ethiopian restaurant right by the Aragon, just west on Lawrence, at Broadway. Really, really good, vegetarian friendly place.

We should go there to eat! I'm so excited :thumb:

We should go there to eat! I'm so excited :thumb:

Tangent.

Has anyone seen the animated film "Open Season 2"?

The above line (no offense intended to "troubleluvsme") "I'm so excited" reminded me of a part in the movie where, the Basset Hound, Roberto says the same thing about going to Pet Paradiso. I wish there a a video clip to share.

The first time I ate Ethiopian food was in Chicago and it was AMAZING. Pretty sure it wasn't the same place though. have you ever been to the Chicago dinner near the venue??

The first time I ate Ethiopian food was in Chicago and it was AMAZING. Pretty sure it wasn't the same place though. have you ever been to the Chicago dinner near the venue??

I have been to the Chicago Diner. I really wasn't impressed with it. It seemed to focus a lot on meat-substitutes, when I was hoping for some wonderful, naturally-vegetarian things. I mean, things that simply don't have meat and aren't pretending to. And I ordered sweet potato fries, and they were really kind of soggy.

However, if you are craving a gyro or hot dog, there is a place called Veggie-Bite that's a vegan beefstand. They have burgers, hot dogs, meatball sandwiches, everything you'd expect to find at a corner beefstand, except all vegan.

The absolute best vegetarian place I've found is called Green Zebra. But it's really expensive, and I'm tightening my belt these days.

That's why I loved Demera, and am always looking for the next Indian place. It's so nice to go into a restaurant and know that at least half the menu is vegetarian.

You are making me real hungry pregs! I've taken note of the Green Zebra and Veggie-Bite for my next trip out to Chicago.

Tangent.

Has anyone seen the animated film "Open Season 2"?

The above line (no offense intended to "troubleluvsme") "I'm so excited" reminded me of a part in the movie where, the Basset Hound, Roberto says the same thing about going to Pet Paradiso. I wish there a a video clip to share.

I haven't seen the movie, but I heard it was funny.
No offense taken Seeker. You'd have to try a lot harder than that
in this place! ;)

You are making me real hungry pregs! I've taken note of the Green Zebra and Veggie-Bite for my next trip out to Chicago.

Which will be the first weekend in April, right? :thumb:

I haven't seen the movie, but I heard it was funny.
No offense taken Seeker. You'd have to try a lot harder than that
in this place! ;)

It's the way the dog says "I'm so excited" that I found funny. Maybe you'll find it humorous also if you watch that particular scene.

By the way the part of Roberto is voiced by
steve_schirripa.jpg

Steve Schirripa who was the side kick/helper of Junior on the Sopranos.

The part of poodle Fifi, Roberto's friend, is voiced by
SYB_celebs-crispin_glover.gif

Crispin Glover from The River's Edge.

It's the way the dog says "I'm so excited" that I found funny. Maybe you'll find it humorous also if you watch that particular scene.

By the way the part of Roberto is voiced by
steve_schirripa.jpg

Steve Schirripa who was the side kick/helper of Junior on the Sopranos.

The part of poodle Fifi, Roberto's friend, is voiced by
SYB_celebs-crispin_glover.gif

Crispin Glover from The River's Edge.

Wow look at that pic of Crispin Glover hahaha

Screw that noise! I swear to god, if any of the line crashers ruin my Atlanta trip I'm going to punch someone in the face!!! >=(! Who's with me?

The man and I are definitely taking a vegetarian/vegan food tour while in Atlanta. I hear Soul Vegetarian is a place that shouldn't be missed. Also, Village Pizza has vegan pizza =D!

Screw that noise! I swear to god, if any of the line crashers ruin my Atlanta trip I'm going to punch someone in the face!!! >=(! Who's with me?

The man and I are definitely taking a vegetarian/vegan food tour while in Atlanta. I hear Soul Vegetarian is a place that shouldn't be missed. Also, Village Pizza has vegan pizza =D!

You're going to be in Atlanta too!!!! :guitar:

First off, there's no such thing as a Linecrasher. That is just an urban legend.

Be careful when you throw your punch. I'd suggest listening to "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia" — we still know what TCB means here. Anyway, thankfully I have a PA who can run get nibbles and beverages as needed, though I will be roughing it in Asheville.

Have fun children, but do mind and respect the locals. :thumb:

When the gilded fabric doth glisten, the desperate people shall listen...

An infinitely-extending one-dimensional figure devoid of curvature...

Disrupted by a spiritual coterie in fleshed formation...

As it was, so it goes...

Urban legend, my arse!! Okay, wait, yer right...no such thing as a "linecrasher" (singuar)....they only exist in large numbers! I dun't mind when people disappear for an hour or two for food and pissin', I mind it when they all flock to the line ten minutes before doors.

Joey!!! Yer gonna be there?! Yay!!!!

hey speaking of vegan pizza, have you ever been to the pizza kiln in moreno valley?

Back
Top Bottom