Farewell Off-Topic

• Thread starter Deleted member 6305
  • Start date
Kiltie, I thought it was quite funny, if it makes you feel better, this tough crowd have knocked your confidence, it's a crying shame :p

I would like to apologize to RTRT. I accused him of admitting that he was a bigot, but he did not say that. I am sorry.

Other people :eek: may want to note this is how a misunderstanding is supposed to be handled. :D

Bravo, Cassius for understanding that communication is not what the sender said nor what the receiver heard but something in between the two, amorphous, malleable, in the ether.

I thought that Off-Topic was going to be shut dwon when I saw this heading!

I don't understand why people are harping on RWRW for his opinion. I see nothing wrong with his opinion. Is he actively going out and committing acts of violence against Homosexuals? Is he encouraging such acts? No, he is simply stating what his personal beliefs are. Just because people don't agree with his opinion, doesn't make him a hatemonger. Opinions are like assholes and Everybody has one.

I don't understand why people are harping on RWRW for his opinion. I see nothing wrong with his opinion. Is he actively going out and committing acts of violence against Homosexuals? Is he encouraging such acts? No, he is simply stating what his personal beliefs are. Just because people don't agree with his opinion, doesn't make him a hatemonger. Opinions are like assholes and Everybody has one.
look, you give Christians an inch and they'll take a mile :cool:
i mean have you read the prop 8 garbage? :eek: its pretty heavy handed & filled tons of high and mighty rhetoric :gun:
to many of us it clearly implies hate, maybe not Phelpsian level :rolleyes: but its there
however, of course any tom, dick or harry is entitled to their beliefs
and i know i am not alone in believing that many unthinking but 'god fearing christians' are going to vote Yes on 8, because its the Christian thing to do
which is A ok as i see it because the more and more 'Christian Beliefs' become tied to denying legal things like the right to marry and more importantly the money such a denial takes from the pockets of those that do not submit to the so called 'Teachings of Christ' the better :mad:
people have got to realize we are in a life and death battle here for the soul of America
its the same evil force that proclaims the 'Sanctity of life' in order to take from woman their control over their own bodies
which i see as a kind of hatred for women
but these shared 'Christian beliefs' do not stop with the Religious Right desiring to legislate the morality of our country or securing a return to more discriminatory times
no, the hate for 'the other' many Christians have is free to be taken out on primarily non-christians outside of America, so while currently the Christian mob is fixated on gays not having equality with them, later the rhetoric can be stepped up to more heated attacks on all of us not like them :tears:

look, you give Christians an inch and they'll take a mile :cool:
i mean have you read the prop 8 garbage? :eek: its pretty heavy handed & filled tons of high and mighty rhetoric :gun:
to many of us it clearly implies hate, maybe not Phelpsian level :rolleyes: but its there
however, of course any tom, dick or harry is entitled to their beliefs
and i know i am not alone in believing that many unthinking but 'god fearing christians' are going to vote Yes on 8, because its the Christian thing to do
which is A ok as i see it because the more and more 'Christian Beliefs' become tied to denying legal things like the right to marry and more importantly the money such a denial takes from the pockets of those that do not submit to the so called 'Teachings of Christ' the better :mad:
people have got to realize we are in a life and death battle here for the soul of America
its the same evil force that proclaims the 'Sanctity of life' in order to take from woman their control over their own bodies
which i see as a kind of hatred for women
but these shared 'Christian beliefs' do not stop with the Religious Right desiring to legislate the morality of our country or securing a return to more discriminatory times
no, the hate for 'the other' many Christians have is free to be taken out on primarily non-christians outside of America, so while currently the Christian mob is fixated on gays not having equality with them, later the rhetoric can be stepped up to more heated attacks on all of us not like them :tears:

Robby, what makes me sick is that now Christians are hated in the same manner that people accuse them of hating. If you disagree with their point of view, fine. But remember it is their opinion, which they have the right to have. It doesn't make them right, it doesn't make them wrong.

As I said on the other thread, I think they're going about it the wrong way. There is legitimate cause to believe that some day an attorney will attempt to sue a minister for refusing to marry a gay couple (based on their religious beliefs). There's also the possibility (which has already occurred) that a gay teacher may choose to expose their lifestyle to children whose parents do not want them exposed.

The bottom line, is the religion and politics should be kept separate.

exactly, there should either be no tax break for people filing jointly
or any 2 people should be allowed to do so :cool:

Yes. As I said, I disagree with the Proposition. But I think they need to take measures to ensure ministers aren't sued, and kids are not taught about Homosexuality. That should be discussed only in high school.

This is just to state that I will no longer be posting in the Off-Topic threads. This is not because of my unpopularity but because I dislike agitating people. I will stick to the General Discussion where Morrissey is talked about on occasion. I do not expect a plea for my return because I know most of you don't give a shit. So goodbye to all you "open-minded" people that are quite rarely open-minded.

Just to clarify:

Catholics do not believe homosexual are going to hell for being attracted to the same sex.

Don't leave! ... I like you posts even when I disagree with them..

I'm gay/catholic and think you're an ok dude. :guitar:

PS: No seas buey!! Don't leave me here alone with all these Godless Lib-er-uhls
:p

Last edited:
RWRW, don't leave Off-Topic :( Perhaps SvartaSjael could beg you to stay? ;)

Yes. As I said, I disagree with the Proposition. But I think they need to take measures to ensure ministers aren't sued, and kids are not taught about Homosexuality. That should be discussed only in high school.

why?
children sense homosexuality as well...

Tags
attention seeking mind how you go
Back
Top Bottom