Excellent Jukebox

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
No, not him.

I was in the pub last night watching the rugby, and noticed that they'd had one of those fancy hard-drive jukeboxes installed. I could tell because there was all sorts of shite being played. Anyhoo, I wandered up, and the choice was something to behold. So, in a move reminiscent of something else I posted a couple of years ago, I put the following songs on in quick succession:

Morrissey - Have-A-Go Merchant
Pixies - Vamos
Polects - John I'm Only Dancing

Excellent stuff. Emptied the big-screen area, and I could put me feet up. Sorry about the ramble. Just rambling this morning.

Peter

Last edited:
The jukebox at my local has a good choice of Smiths and Moz, amongst others. Sadly you can't type in a song or artist to choose, so if you want a song that's at the end of the list, you have to spend about 15 minutes just scrolling through it.

No, not him.

I was in the pub last night watching the rugby, and noticed that they'd had one of those fancy hard-drive jukeboxes installed. I could tell because there was all sorts of shite being played. Anyhoo, I wandered up, and the choice was something to behold. So, in a move reminiscent of something else I posted a couple of years ago, I put the following songs on in quick succession:

Morrissey - Have-A-Go Merchant
Pixies - Vamos
Polects - John I'm Only Dancing

Excellent stuff. Emptied the big-screen area, and I could put me feet up. Sorry about the ramble. Just rambling this morning.

Peter

sounds nice- whats the name of the pub?

not a jukebox, but at my local coffee shop, one of the kids i know puts on the smiths real loud toward the end of the day to clear everyone out. haha

its how we enjoy the start of our evenings.

My roommate works as a server at a sports bar type place (buffalo wild wings?) and the jukebox has:

Morrissey: Viva Hate, Vauxhall, Southpaw, Maladjusted, Best Of, Quarry, Refusal

I was amazed when he told me and stunned when I found out for myself.

it also has New York Dolls and my roommate says since he's been playing good music there, the cooks have started selecting 'Personality Crisis' and singing it in the kitchen. This makes me smile.
Also I should point out that I'm from Hick-town-middle-of-America-"wheres my gun and bible"-ville which makes anything like this seem like a small revolution.
Sorry for rambling.

Last edited:
The best jukebox in Manchester is in Corbieres. I love this bar and always try to stop of whenever i'm drinking in town.:thumb:

Funny you should mention. In my local last night I noticed that the jukebox selection had suddenly improved no end.

I managed to put on 'Kennedy' by the Wedding Present and 'Billy Budd', but then halfway through 'Some Candy Talking' by the Jesus and Mary Chain, we got drowned out by a private party upstairs. Got my £2 back though, so no complaints. I'll be back...

Back
Top Bottom