Don't you think Johnny Marr...

yeah but when people mention Marr, they usually think of The SMiths and maily Morrissey.

If it wasnt for The Smiths, Marr would just be another guitarist

you don't know that for sure. if Morrissey wasn't around, he might've knocked on someone else's door.

you don't know that for sure. if Morrissey wasn't around, he might've knocked on someone else's door.

Yeah but Marr is best known for the Smiths, not for the Cribs or the Healers or Modest Mouse.

Yeah but Marr is best known for the Smiths, not for the Cribs or the Healers or Modest Mouse.

thats not my point. he couldve found another singer back in 1982 and wrote the same songs, but with a different guy. what made the Smiths so great? was it Morrissey or Marr? little bit of both of course, but what separates the Smiths from Morrissey's solo work, IMO, is the music. the music was better. and who wrote that? Johnny.

thats not my point. he couldve found another singer back in 1982 and wrote the same songs, but with a different guy. what made the Smiths so great? was it Morrissey or Marr? little bit of both of course, but what separates the Smiths from Morrissey's solo work, IMO, is the music. the music was better. and who wrote that? Johnny.

Morrissey´s solo music is way better! The Smiths music is still great but the solo stuff is way better.
but personally I don´t like Marr...

... but name me ten great songs Marr has written with other people?

For example, Marr + Bryan Ferry = The Right Stuff

Smiths music from their prime somehow turned into something eminently forgettable...

... But name me ten great songs marr has written with other people?

For example, marr + bryan ferry = the right stuff

smiths music from their prime somehow turned into something eminently forgettable...

none none none

But what if it's Boz who's loyal to him?

Boz,(17/19 years?)alot of musicians. Morrissey said in the MTV2 interview with Zane Lowe that it's his musician that move on as they want to try something new(new band, composing) and that's difficult for him so I guess he's loyal to them.

I can't recall him ever saying anything negitive about Johnny except when asked years ago about reforming the Smiths he replied why? when they all hate each other.
Morrissey praises him a great deal yet when he needed a mate(someone credible, who knew him well) on his side when he was called racist,to speak and dispell it all. (The song, You should have been nice to me, says it all)

They own each other nothing except respect. I think Johnny must have people constantly wanting to talk about Morrissey, it must be frustrating for him. At least him doesn't live in the past and milk it for all it's worth.

Wow man..you REALLY show your age with some of your posts.

Life goes both ways..Johnny may not be known today as the Johnny Marr we all know, but without Johnny and the Smiths, Morrissey could still very well be umemployed sulking in his mother's house.

As for what music is better, The Smiths or Morrissey..there is no debate, no debate, no debate..in other words; The Smiths :thumb:

Morrissey´s solo music is way better! The Smiths music is still great but the solo stuff is way better.
but personally I don´t like Marr...

I think Johnny Marr suffers from an excess of pride just the same way Morrissey does. This means he finds it hard to give Morrissey any credit. I think he is a bit jealous of his success also.

And I think Morrissey is very loyal to certain people, but he's not a pushover, you have to deserve it.

... but name me ten great songs Marr has written with other people?

For example, Marr + Bryan Ferry = The Right Stuff

Smiths music from their prime somehow turned into something eminently forgettable...

well that begs another question. Why was Johnny's music so great during those Smiths years. was it somehow his connection with Morrissey, or b/c he was young and just more creative and had more inspiration, and couldve possibly had a similar connection with someone else?

he might not have written anything that great since, but again, thats not my point. you can't just say for sure that Johnny wouldve been a complete nobody if it wasnt for Morrissey specifically.

well that begs another question. Why was Johnny's music so great during those Smiths years. was it somehow his connection with Morrissey, or b/c he was young and just more creative and had more inspiration, and couldve possibly had a similar connection with someone else?

he might not have written anything that great since, but again, thats not my point. you can't just say for sure that Johnny wouldve been a complete nobody if it wasnt for Morrissey specifically.

Yeah but we are being realistic here, when you hear the name Marr, what do you think of?

Wow man..you REALLY show your age with some of your posts.

Life goes both ways..Johnny may not be known today as the Johnny Marr we all know, but without Johnny and the Smiths, Morrissey could still very well be umemployed sulking in his mother's house.

As for what music is better, The Smiths or Morrissey..there is no debate, no debate, no debate..in other words; The Smiths :thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Kewpie me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Morrissey the one who had pretty much given up on music doing absolutely nothing with his life when the ambitious Johnny Marr was putting a new band together and gave him a knock knock knock.

Johnny is a far superior song writer than Boz or Alan could ever be. I love Moz's solo stuff but it does not compare to The Smiths.

Johnny has said very complementary things about Moz's solo work. He even said he wished he had wrote "Every Day Is Like Sunday".

All the Marr haters need to chill out. It is one thing to side with Moz but to knock Johnny is just ignorant. Morrissey would just be another bloke tolling the parks in Manchester without him. Moz is great but Marr showed him how to express it.

Johnny is a far superior song writer than Boz or Alan could ever be. I love Moz's solo stuff but it does not compare to The Smiths.

Johnny has said very complementary things about Moz's solo work. He even said he wished he had wrote "Every Day Is Like Sunday".

All the Marr haters need to chill out. It is one thing to side with Moz but to knock Johnny is just ignorant. Morrissey would just be another bloke tolling the parks in Manchester without him. Moz is great but Marr showed him how to express it.

:confused:

No one hates Johnny in here.
People just post their opinions.

Back
Top Bottom