Chili-Pepper John Frusciante recruits Johnny Marr for Solo-Album!

Re: Chili-Pepper Flea recruits Johnny Marr for Solo-Album!

I am not relishing the thought. The Chiili peppers are awful. One of the most overrated bands ever!

I am not relishing the thought. The Chiili peppers are awful. One of the most overrated bands ever!
I agree 100 percent
their hardcore fans are as worse than the band..absolutely sexist pigs
I read an review:.their support act a few years ago was an all female electronic band called chicks on speed
(which I like a lot btw, their biggest hit was covering that malaria "kaltes klares wasser"song) anyway they did opening for the peppers. the journo did write that the peppers did have tocome onto the stage before the support act began to play and ask them to treat them nice even if they dont like their music
but the abusive they did get was horrible...bottles etc sorry rant over

just as morrissey said in an interview :the fans reflect the personality of the music they hear ..its a nice quote..cant find it right now

so johnny marr comes around...

EDIT 14th november:
Stop generalising.
well mozmal+someofusisturning i have looked them up --one fan forum yesterday and yes I dont call EVERY fan of them sexist pigs..but a lot of the comments there..deary me.. ... ...but fan forums are their own world anyways...yes...
when Im wrong i say it....so not EVERY fan of their music is like that...IT WAS A UNFORTUNATE CHOCE OF WORDS i should have made clear i was talking about a good amount of their fanbase but not everybody but the hardcorefan of their music isnt really what I would consider to be open
I also was at a festival where they also played..so by judging from the people who are showing themself to the world as the fans..oh well...
well the band could have cghanged their personal attitude ..the beastie boys did do.didnt they
And let's face it, Morrissey fans are hardly known for being tolerant of support acts are they!!!!!!!
hmm but at least theyre ignored and not bottled off ..
and they were bottled at every concert..hmmm.well..
ome friends like listening Chili Peppers, some people love loud rock sound.
well my music taste beside moz is quite noisy so i do like a lot of music which is not pop-ish but considered rock or other
but their music... I didnt see the big deal..whats so special about them..so many more bands who are talented dont get the big shot...

with a WIDE taste in music.
my taste of music couldnt be wider-and 90 percent of the music i hear is not liked by most of here or even heard of them here ,also by moz himself -as i dont like his musical taste much, just dont like the peppers and had some bad encounters witth heir fans..on that festival
some SoloW members
my goodness.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..it was a unfortunate choice of words..
I have read much worser things here

Last edited:
It's funny that two guitarists Morrissey's worked with have contributed to the Chili Peppers/Frusciante...in some way

Chilis =/= Frusciante solo.

that is all

I agree. John has some solo work that I think is great. He is also a huge fan of the smiths and he said in an interview a while back that he learned to play the guitar parts of every single smiths song when he was looking for inspiration. I have to respect that!

Oh, and I can tell you now that it will be miles above Modest Mice...
________
VZR1800

Last edited:
What's the betting Johnny is on one track on the album which he got vastly overpaid for just so that they could use his name to get some publicity for the album.

Cynical about the music biz? Me? :p

I agree 100 percent
the fans are as worse than the band..absolutely sexist pigs

I really like the Chili's, Californication is quite simply a great rock album, as is By The Way. I don't consider myself a sexist pig at all, that's like saying all Morrissey fans are miserable, depressing people. Yes, the Chili's have recorded some crap down the years, but who hasn't? Stop generalising.

I agree 100 percent
the fans are as worse than the band..absolutely sexist pigs

I really like the Chili's, Californication is quite simply a great rock album, as is By The Way. I don't consider myself a sexist pig at all, that's like saying all Morrissey fans are miserable, depressing people. Yes, the Chili's have recorded some crap down the years, but who hasn't? Stop generalising.

I have some friends like listening Chili Peppers, some people love loud rock sound.

Hope the song Johnny is working will be a good one.

This is amazing news! John Frusciante's solo work is actually really good!!! yay!!!! :guitar:

Dearie me, dearie me.

Unfortunately Johnny Marr is starting to turn into that dreaded beast known as "the rock dinosaur."
Morrissey is now seemingly vindicated by his decision to milk money for mediocrity and a whirl on a few obscure Smiths songs, "remastered obviously."

2x2= 5 Years. Glastonbury. With Reni on drums

I actually Love John Frusciante and hope johnny does work with him!!!

I agree with mozmal.
I like the Peppers. They've paved the way for a lot of other bands and still have more punk in their pinkies than half the wannabe rockers in their wake. I'm anxious to hear the Johnny/John collaboration. I already know I prefer it over Modest Mouse.

Last edited:
John Frusciante is an interesting and unusual person, very talented in my opinion, and not in a bad way. I really don't think that he needs publicity and his records are usually intentionally obscure. I can't stand the "rap-rock" side of the RHCP and songs like Give It Away would be better without the vocals, but JF's guitar parts are often great.

I agree with mozmal.
I like the Peppers. They've paved the way for a lot of other bands and still have more punk in their pinkies than half the wannabe rockers in their wake.

I've grown to like RHCP, I couldn't stand them when they were just a loud sexist rockband in the 90s but their music has evolved so much, I basically like every song from their album "Californication". :guitar:

I love the Chili Peppers.
Bloodsugarsexmagik is one of the greatest albums ever.
I'm looking forward to the outcome of this collaboration. :)

RHCP are the band from hell!
They combine the three worst musical genres of all time (funk, rock and rap) to produce something even worse than the sum of its parts!
Michael Eavis was asked about booking them for Glasto a few years ago and he replied; "No, it's music for 14 year olds!".
In fairness, the singles off By The Way were darned catchy things. Strong pieces of music which pretty much deserved all the radio airplay and commercial success.
Musically (if not vocally), a lot stronger than much of the recent Moz stuff...

Back
Top Bottom