Children Of Men

Sir Alec

Anorak
Did anyone see this film? I know it has been out for a while in Europe, but it just came out in the states so I went to see it today. I give it a 12 out of 10, because I am still in shock and I saw it over 12 hours ago! I can't remember any other movie that had this "shocking" effect on me.

story.jpg

And Clive Owen is hot!

It's an absolutely genius film. Proof that 1) Michael Caine is having a renaissance of sorts lately, 2) Clive Owen can act (and is hot), 3) Alfonso Cuaron is one of the most gifted directors working today and 4) dystopia is always best. Definitely one of my favourite ever films - I know what you mean about being in shock, it's a very visceral and oddly realistic film. Huge shame it kind of went under the radar.

I thought it was great, too. My favorite movie of the year besides "Inland Empire". "Quietus" will go down as one of the great jokes in movie history, I think. Every time I saw it I laughed out loud. I'd give the movie 10/10 just for including something like "Quietus", a gag of surpassing absurdity which nevertheless seems only too plausible given the current state of the government.

dazzak, were you doubtful that Clive could act? I thought he was brilliant in "The Croupier" and just about everything else he's done.

Oh... damn damn damn. So I should have gone and seen this. Somebody said it was crap so I didn't. But why did I trust him? His opinion of a good movie is The Girl Next Door :mad: Ah well, DVD.

This is It!? I thought more people would have seen and loved this movie. It has great acting, a great plot, Clive Owen, and several chase scenes that are done in one shot. It is extremely graphic, but it is realistic which makes it all worth while (and ten times more disturbing).

Let's start a "we love Children of Men" Fanclub... f*** that. Let's just start "we love Clive Owen" Fanclub.

i have put in on my dvd list from a movie club that sends me dvds through the post.
i read the book years ago:)

clive owen, he started out here in a programme called "chancer"... i recall!

I still have my cinema ticket as a momento. Saw it with a GF she hated it.

sorry to distract you from your eye candy:)

*keeps eyes on photo* Yeah... *slips hand underdesk*

Oh snap, I just started pleasuring myself in front of you! How inappropriate of me. I'm so sorry, once I wake the beast in these tight jeans, I have no choice but to remove them.

Pffffff like I really care

*keeps eyes on photo* Yeah... *slips hand underdesk*

Oh snap, I just started pleasuring myself in front of you! How inappropriate of me. I'm so sorry, once I wake the beast in these tight jeans, I have no choice but to remove them.

Pffffff like I really care

you bloody tart... i haven't spoken to you in months... and there you go straight out with it... slap on the keyboard!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom