Buffy Sainte-Marie invited to be part of March arena tour according to Tweet; more photos

From the Bootleg Hi-Fi twitter stream ~

Moz being serenaded by BS-M in front of stage ~

B9izk9LIMAECEcp.jpg

and then explaining who Ant & Dec are, back stage ~

B9izk9LIAAAJVuG.jpg

And today, from Buffy Sainte-Marie's twitter stream ~

"Surprise visit last night from #Morrissey, one of UK and Europe's most beloved artists. Scrambling dates to see IF we can accept his invitation to be part of his arena tour in March - hope hope. TY Morrissey & fans."

UPDATE Feb. 14:

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Buffy Sainte-Marie invited to be part of March arena tour according to Tweet; more phot

Yes, sorry about Corden, although I think I warned you all before Christmas. As for Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood I don't know if it could have been called a blast, but it certainly left a large, smoking crater.

My favourite Sam Fox music memory was the controversy over her overtly sexualised "song" (judged by those times) called Touch Me I Want Your Body. She defended the song on television complaining that were more sexy songs than hers in the charts. "There's that one by Depeche Mode in the charts called Stripped. Why don't they get any problems? That's rude too, innit?"

- - - Updated - - -

Take my hand for a while, BB. Explain it to me once again. Just for the sake of my broken heart. ;)

I just watched the Sam video and it brought me back to a time that time forgot. She was captivating and isn't that what "pop" music is all about? Did she ever claim to be any more than that? I don't think so. After all, pop music is meant to be fun...like You're the One for me Fatty or at least a catchy tune like Girlfriend in a Coma. This was when Morrissey reached his peak of popularity here in the US. I miss that about him. Reminiscing is not productive, but that pop sensibility is what drew me to him the most. He has so much to give, but his direction of interest has changed. Just showing my age wishing for the old days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Buffy Sainte-Marie invited to be part of March arena tour according to Tweet; more phot

Well the Forthcoming tour is all in arenas. I'd imagine it's those six dates.

now I look, you're right.

'and they say he's mentall'...christmass cards till 2059...

Last edited:

Blykey blood hell, I can't believe he is having this Yank Canadian open for him. I think he should have that fat black English Jazz lady who covers The Smiths songs open. Well, of course she is a Brit and Black so he won't have to have some black person as a stage backdrop so all the Brits won't say he is racist or I was thinking Sinead O'Connor and she can rip up a pic of the Pope. I'm sure all the Orange Army psychos in Belfast would love that.

I hope you're getting the help you so desperately need.

now I look, you're right.

'and they say he's mentall'...christmass cards till 2059...

i already knew but i still live in hope and expectation

If Moz had any sense he'd ask Anna Calvi to open for him on tour. By far his best support act in years, possibly ever.

Back
Top Bottom