"Brow Of My Beloved" - played in full on FB. Listen here

I absolutely love this song. Yes, love.
Can't wait to hear it in decent quality.

Wow. What about it captures this love upon first few listens? I’m not hearing the Moz magic yet. I think ill wait till a proper quality version is released as well before final judgement.

Wow. What about it captures this love upon first few listens? I’m not hearing the Moz magic yet. I think ill wait till a proper quality version is released as well before final judgement.

This could be a long and largely uninteresting answer, to you as well as to most other frequent visitors.
So I'll just keep it simple, to me it evokes all the things I love the most about Morrissey, the things that make him such a unique and captivating individual - that feeling of never quite belonging, the self-deprecation, the longing, etc - all of that combined with his soft singing voice and a very nice and gentle melody.
In short, the kind of song I have always enjoyed the most as a solo artist.

'How come you are always, you are always the same? You are always so troubled, yes you are always exactly the same...'

This could be a long and largely uninteresting answer, to you as well as to most other frequent visitors.
So I'll just keep it simple, to me it evokes all the things I love the most about Morrissey, the things that make him such a unique and captivating individual - that feeling of never quite belonging, the self-deprecation, the longing, etc - all of that combined with his soft singing voice and a very nice and gentle melody.
In short, the kind of song I have always enjoyed the most as a solo artist.

'How come you are always, you are always the same? You are always so troubled, yes you are always exactly the same...'

Well said. I hope I can feel half of what you feel towards it and that it grows on me once a few quality listens are under me belt !

Brow was definitely recorded at Sunset.
Confirmed by physically holding the vinyl myself. Picture to follow after getting home out of the rain.
Regards,
FWD.

So, the vinyl confims Sunset, 2018 (which probably explains the instrumentation).
The messy reporting of the phantom It's Over 7" single, confused B-sides changing their tracklisting and the media stating 'recorded in Italy' didn't help.
There is no matrix / dead wax message.
The vinyl is much more yellowy than previous online pictures have depicted (it isn't orange - despite some images of the vinyl).
Nothing else really to report.

full

full

Look to the downloads section Friday if the B-side appears digitally to buy - it will be there very quickly thereafter.
Otherwise, I suspect the kind souls that encode vinyl will help us out.
Regards,
FWD.

Posted Via youtube .. ( Dunno Whether It's a Clean Version Or Not )

The same recording of the track near the speakers shared here. They've probably just uploaded the mp3 to YT. There's a few that have done so with zero credit to the source.
A decent version will appear here soon. As per the many, many times previously.
Regards,
FWD.

I wish people wouldn't upload crap quality songs on Youtube. At least they should delete them after next Friday when a good quality one is uploaded.

Hearing these b-sides is making me crave a new album so much. I’ve tried but I just can’t get excited about this covers album.

BROW OF MY BELOVED

It’s a wild wide world made of people like me

and they can’t wait to be with people like me

But what do I do?

I sit here stuck with you know who.

Oh, brow of my beloved,

Oh, you’re always, you’re always the same

Oh, you’re always so furrowed,

yes, you’re always exactly the same.

It’s a wilde wide world, I was hoping that you could

stick both of your lips to my lips for good

But what do I do?

I sit here stuck with you know who.

Oh, brow of my beloved

Oh, you’re always, you’re always the same

Oh, you’re always so furrowed,

you’re always exactly the same.

Oh, brow of my beloved

how come you’re always, you’re always the same?

Oh, you’re always so troubled,

yes, you’re always exactly the same…

Back
Top Bottom