Brendan Buckley drumming for Lol Tolhurst (The Cure) & Budgie (Siouxsie & the Banshees)- US tour in May / June

I’m excited to be joining Lol Tolhurst, Budgie, and Jacknife Lee for their show tonight at the Casbah in San Diego. Drums, drums, drums!!! #curiouscreatures @LolTolhurst @cruelworldfest @curecreatures

Twitter - Link

GMgX2ayXgAA9RuJ

Last edited by a moderator:
With a little bit of good will, this is almost a Cure/Smiths cross-breeding.

I was about to ask who the vocalist would be but found this YouTube video where the vocals seem to be on a pre-recorded track:

What does that mean for Morrissey's July concerts which he has not announced yet?
Two special event concerts are planned to launch the July release. Please watch this site for details. New sleeve above.

So the July concerts are cancelled before being announced? That's got to be a new one!

Maybe he has a different drummer lined up or he’s doing the gigs to backing tracks like Ian Brown did (hopefully not) or they simply aren’t going to happen.

Does he say he’s joining the tour? His tweet just says he’s joining them for one show.

Maybe he has a different drummer lined up or he’s doing the gigs to backing tracks like Ian Brown did (hopefully not) or they simply aren’t going to happen.

He should sing to the Smiths’ backing tracks, would sound better. I would rather pay to see that actually.

"I’m excited to be joining Lol Tolhurst, Budgie, and Jacknife Lee for their show tonight"... doesn't say he's drumming for the entire tour. Maybe he is... but going by this statement... not necessarily.

Yeah, endless. Was thinking M should get Meg White in the band.

‘Meg White's powerful, quirky sound helped her snag 6 Grammys and a spot on Rolling Stones' 100 Greatest Drummers List. She knew how to leave space and give songs character, and that's why she's one of the top rock drummers – and “loudest introverts” – of the 21st century.’

She hasn't done much lately.

He's joining esteemed company there. I've only seen Budgie in concert twice so far (drumming for John Grant) and he was a powerhouse of pummeling perfection.

Buckley’s a session drummer. But I thought he sounded great and I liked the videos he would post. Has anyone read Tolhurst’s first book “Cured”? I liked it but it seemed like a purgative exercise from his therapist most likely…

Back
Top Bottom