Book of Condolence Thread

You think it will never happen to you, that it cannot happen to you, that you are the only person in the world to whom none of these things will ever happen, and then, one by one, they all begin to happen to you, in the same way they happen to everyone else.

Yes. He was a very good character actor. He kind of knew everyone, so it's been a shock. I saw him at the BBC not that long ago.
:tiphat: back to fight another day ;)

giphy.gif

Paul Auster!!!

:(
An impressive story he wrote about writing and related matters -
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1995/12/25/why-write

RIP Saxophonist David Sanborn

‘The American jazz saxophonist David Sanborn played on this song about, amusingly enough, winning. Bowie told the Mail on Sunday June 29, 2008: "He was experimenting with sound effects at the time and I'd rather hoped he would push further into that area, but he chose to become rich and famous instead. So he did win really, didn't he?"

‘The American jazz saxophonist David Sanborn played on this song about, amusingly enough, winning. Bowie told the Mail on Sunday June 29, 2008: "He was experimenting with sound effects at the time and I'd rather hoped he would push further into that area, but he chose to become rich and famous instead. So he did win really, didn't he?"

Wonder what experimental David Sanborn was like.

Wonder what experimental David Sanborn was like.

His work? I believe David was referring to what Sanborn was into at that time in 75. If you listen to that song Win, it may be a good example. Being that it probably was Sanborn’s idea (& not Visconti’s) to put his sax through delay effects, may have been an echoplex. It’s always been one of my favorite parts of that song.

Sanborn took on Bowie's studio sax parts for Drive-In Saturday when it was briefly played live in C'74.
RIP.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom