Book of Condolence Thread

D9wLGdSXYAA-Mw0.jpg

(Carry On Abroad, Zulu...).

RIP Tommy Smothers
He was part of the Smothers Brothers comedy team, along with his brother Dick.
The Smothers Brothers called themselves "folk comedians" and had a more straight
kind of comedy, but always had a subversive streak layin' underneath it all.
Their TV show was cancelled while bein' the #1 show in the USA 'cause the prez
Dick Nixon, didn't like them makin' fun of himself and the Vietnam war.
The Smothers Brothers also gave a start to the careers of many comedians,
includin' Super Dave and Steve Martin.
Tommy was also known as the "yo-yo man" and was in the yo-yo hall of fame.

Last edited:
R.I.P. Lee Sun-kyun
First became aware of him with this film, and have enjoyed his performances in many films and TV series since then.

R.I.P. Lee Sun-kyun
First became aware of him with this film, and have enjoyed his performances in many films and TV series since then.

so so sad,i just watched A Hard Day last week for about the fourth time ,lee sun kyun was fantastic in this film,cant praise his career enough,r.i.p lee sun kyun.

Sad to say that John Pilger, legendary journalist from Australia, died yesterday aged 84

1704138447659.png

Tributes from some of the best still left:
R.I.P.

Actor, Director & Screenwriter.
Personal Services, The Land Girls, Made In Britain, Band Of Brothers & the excellent Wish You Were Here to name a few...
FWD.

remember watching Wish You Were Here in 88,emily lloyd who starred was meant to be the next big thing,but it never really happened for her,good film,sad to hear of david lelands death,had a decent filmography.

"Françoise Bornet, the woman pictured in a famous photograph of young lovers kissing that came to symbolize the romance of Paris, has died. She was 93. Bornet was just 20 years old when, in 1950, she and her then-boyfriend, Jacques Carteaud, were spotted at a cafe by French photographer Robert Doisneau, who asked if they would pose for him as part of a commission from Life magazine to illustrate love in Paris. The resulting photograph, “The Kiss by the Hôtel de Ville,” became a global phenomenon in the 1980s when it was republished as a poster. In 2005, Bornet sold a copy of the original photograph given to her by Doisneau at auction for more than $160,000. Doisneau died in 1994, and Carteaud passed away several years ago in France."

i adore this photo. i was stopping at a burger king of all places in pa on my way somewhere and we found this oddly fancy burger king with all sorts of memorabilia on the walls, it was strange, and on my way to the bathroom was this print hanging on the wall and it absolutely stunned me. i couldnt stop staring at it. tried to order one and realized how famous it was. ive got this one and another large one of the kissing series in my parlor and i love them still. sad day

20240111_182658.png

Renowned Guitarist Larry Collins Passes

Sad news. Became aware of him via the Rockabilly / R&R scene - he and Lorrie were extremely talented.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom