Bona Drag reissue 4th Oct, remastered & extra tracks

Re: Bona Drag reissue 27th Sep, remastered & extra tracks

I'll like every song on the reissue, but I've got the extra tracks and the Bona Drag album anyway, so I don't need to waste my money on a pathetic reissue

Can you email me the extra tracks? I'm pretty sure nobody else here has them but you.

So what exactly is the difference between the extended and original versions of Let the Right one Slip In? Are there new verses? Or just more repetition?

DAVIE will send the extra tracks to me by email. I'll let you know as soon as I get them.

Last edited:

I'm really glad that Please Help the Cause is getting an official release of sorts. Imagine if Moz started to sing this live? Awesome.

What is everyone's favourite track on Bona Drag? For me it's Hairdresser On Fire!

Disappointed and Such A Little Thing. haha, those titles are funny together.

"I have spent my whole life in ruins because of people who were nice" and te whole thing really, full of great lines, and the music is great.

"there you go wielding a bicycle chain (why won't you change?)"

Most people keep their brains between their legs

yes, I'm just typing random lyrics from these two songs... :guitar:

Now, to add to the rumor mill, looking at the wikipedia page for Bona Drag I was reminded ...

Morrissey – voice
Vini Reilly – guitar, keyboards
Craig Gannon – guitar
Kevin Armstrong – guitar
Stephen Street – keyboards, guitar, bass guitar
Andy Rourke – bass guitar
Andrew Paresi – drums
Mike Joyce – drums

My favourite Bona Drag tracks are probably Will Never Marry, Hairdresser on Fire, He Knows I'd Love to See Him. I can't help but dance whenever Hairdresser' comes on.

Now, to add to the rumor mill, looking at the wikipedia page for Bona Drag I was reminded ...

Morrissey – voice
Craig Gannon – guitar
Kevin Armstrong – guitar
Andrew Paresi – drums
Mike Joyce – drums

Uh ohhhh. I hope there aren't two lawsuits being written up now for 1/8th of the profits of the sales of this re-release. :D

I'm curious as to which version of Please Help the Cause Against Loneliness will be released. The keyboard version that has been available for some time or the guitar version from Revelation?

Can you email me the extra tracks? I'm pretty sure nobody else here has them but you.

DAVIE will send the extra tracks to me by email. I'll let you know as soon as I get them.

No, you can get them off the site....Have a look in the downloads, they were in the Morrissey Rarities, I'll try and find the thread

Edit: I think the thread expired months ago on the site...The only thing I can actually find is just the cuts of the songs from the Revalations LP, which includes the extra tracks, Happy Lovers At Last United, Oh Phoney, The Bed Took Fire...However, I've got about 3 or 4 versions/demos of Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness and there's a few versions of Let The Right One Slip In
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=106624

Further more, it tells you on true-to-you, what sessions they've come from http://true-to-you.net/ and those sessions were on the download/bootleg section quite a few months back, I've got them all...It even says they're taking the "demo" of Let The Right One Slip in, it tells you it's the alternative long mix, which is one of the songs I already have!
They're all just remastering the tracks, that is all they are doing...but they've existed for ages

Last edited by a moderator:

No, you can get them off the site....Have a look in the downloads, they were in the Morrissey Rarities, I'll try and find the thread

Edit: I think the thread expired months ago on the site...The only thing I can actually find is just the cuts of the songs from the Revalations LP, which includes the extra tracks, Happy Lovers At Last United, Oh Phoney, The Bed Took Fire...However, I've got about 3 or 4 versions/demos of Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness and there's a few versions of Let The Right One Slip In

Further more, it tells you on true-to-you, what sessions they've come from http://true-to-you.net/ and those sessions were on the download/bootleg section quite a few months back, I've got them all...It even says they're taking the "demo" of Let The Right One Slip in, it tells you it's the alternative long mix, which is one of the songs I already have!
They're all just remastering the tracks, that is all they are doing...but they've existed for ages

The Let the right one Slip In track/tracks have not been shared on this site. How many version do you have?

So you're saying the quality of the songs will the exact same thing, so why bother with this release, right?

Maybe Morrissey went to EMI and they all logged onto this website and looked around the download section, found a few songs and downloaded the mp3s. And now they're going to released these mp3s on a 180g LP.

I think they're not releasing Striptease with a difference because the link might be expired.

Makes perfect sense. That's why nobody should bother buying this.

can you email me the extra tracks? I'm pretty sure nobody else here has them but you.

Davie will send the extra tracks to me by email. I'll let you know as soon as i get them.

call 0800 106 107 now! I say you buy one, yer get one free, i say yer buy one ....

So you're saying the quality of the songs will the exact same thing, so why bother with this release, right?

Maybe Morrissey went to EMI and they all logged onto this website and looked around the download section, found a few songs and downloaded the mp3s. And now they're going to released these mp3s on a 180g LP.

I think they're not releasing Striptease with a difference because the link might be expired.

The truth is that yes, we all have these songs and Bona Drag is nearly perfect without them, and now will have some songs that are really only of interest to completists. I would recommend the original release to any newer fans.

The truth is that yes, we all have these songs and Bona Drag is nearly perfect without them, and now will have some songs that are really only of interest to completists. I would recommend the original release to any newer fans.

I don't have any of these songs.
The bonus songs are only interesting to completists? So why are the non-completist people all pissed off in this thread? Free drama?
And as far as newer fans, I don't have much contact with other humans, so I don't run the risk of having to recommend anything to anybody.

This made me lol.

Disappointed and Such A Little Thing. haha, those titles are funny together.

"I have spent my whole life in ruins because of people who were nice" and te whole thing really, full of great lines, and the music is great.

"there you go wielding a bicycle chain (why won't you change?)"

Most people keep their brains between their legs

yes, I'm just typing random lyrics from these two songs... :guitar:

Morrissey – voice
Craig Gannon – guitar
Kevin Armstrong – guitar
Andrew Paresi – drums
Mike Joyce – drums

You know, listening to Lifeguard, it does sound like Rourke style of playing.

I was wondering how you were going to respond to this.:lbf: I got what you were saying about Davie having the songs. I think he really thought you didn't have these songs;)
Pretty sharp Flax:thumb:

I don't have any of these songs.
The bonus songs are only interesting to completists? So why are the non-completist people all pissed off in this thread? Free drama?
And as far as newer fans, I don't have much contact with other humans, so I don't run the risk of having to recommend anything to anybody.

I'm with you Flax, I am looking so forward to this release. Re-mastered songs, new songs properly produced, new cover, new photos. This is going to sound and look great.:thumb:

Re: Bona Drag reissue, remastered, extra tracks

I cant predict the future.... He is going to release bona drag... Then.... Go on tour... Then... Release his new album... Then.... Go on tour again.... Then probably retire

You forgot:

Remove a couple tracks from the original issue...then...reissue those removed tracks and put on a promo single...then...collect those original tracks which were placed on the single and include them in a "Deluxe Edition" Bona reissue...

No simply proving the point that we have the songs, that is all...end of!
I'm not bothered if they are remastered, nothing will change except for a few levels of volume...it means nothing to myself and some other members on here tbh

I've always wondered why "Sister I'm a Poet" wasn't on Bona Drag. It's easily a top 5 Morrissey track, would have fit in beautifully with the other songs, and is, of course, from that era.

I think it deserves a place on the re-issue.

Tags
bona drag
Back
Top Bottom