Blur reunite

King Leer

Leering since '97
http://www.nme.com/news/blur/45329

Cor blimey look at that setlist! Parklife may be their tour de force but for my money Modern Life is Rubbish is one of the finest albums of the last 20 years.

Great to see them back -- hope it's not done cabaret.

The Albarn/Coxon legacy is not quite Morrissey/Marr but it's damn fine British music that will stand the test of time.

http://www.nme.com/news/blur/45329

Cor blimey look at that setlist! Parklife may be their tour de force but for my money Modern Life is Rubbish is one of the finest albums of the last 20 years.

Great to see them back -- hope it's not done cabaret.

The Albarn/Coxon legacy is not quite Morrissey/Marr but it's damn fine British music that will stand the test of time.

yep, the set list is flipping great! wouldn't describe it as an Albarn Coxon legacy tho. it's pretty much Albarn who wrote all the songs, music and lyrics, with the exception of one or two...

wow...i would have LOVED to have seen this....
'She’s So High'
'Girls And Boys'
'Tracy Jacks'
'There's No Other Way'
'Jubilee'
'Badhead'
'Beetlebum'
'Trimm Trabb'
'Coffee & TV'
'Tender'
'Country House'
'Charmless Man'
'Colin Zeal'
'Oily Water'
'Chemical World'
'Sunday Sunday'
'Parklife'
'End Of A Century'
'To The End'
'This Is A Low'
'Popscene'
'Advert'
'Song 2'
'Out Of Time'
'Battery In Your Leg'
'Essex Dogs'
'For Tomorrow'
'The Universal'

I'm not a fan, but now BBC London Radio Danny Baker show is playing their live recording 'Girls and Boys' on Saturday.

You can listen again later from http://bbc.co.uk/london (around 1:18 ish).

Last edited:
I saw them in Manchester on Friday night - bloody fantastic! I'd forgotten just how many great songs they've done. I've been listening to nothing but their back catalogue all week and was glued to Glastonbury coverage on Sunday night.

Dave

Some great footage on Youtube. Really impressed that they seem to have picked up where they left off. Great to see Damo and Graham together again. Bands like Kaiser Chiefs must be shitting with the kings back on the throne.

It'll be really interesting to see what the new material's like.

Some great footage on Youtube. Really impressed that they seem to have picked up where they left off. Great to see Damo and Graham together again. Bands like Kaiser Chiefs must be shitting with the kings back on the throne.

It'll be really interesting to see what the new material's like.

yeah, especially poignant to see Damon and Graham playing guitar together on Out of Time. what a wonderful song.
I'm off to Hyde Park now. haven't got a ticket so will have to prepare to enter negotiations with a burly tout - uh oh!

Never mind Blur.....Where is Elastica? My favourite band from that era.

The drummer (Justin Welsh) & bass player (Annie) recently said they'd be happy to get together again.....but not a word from Justine Frischmann. I think she lives in the US these days - happily married. Justine also asked the rest of the band NOT to talk to the MOJO "Britpop special" magazine.

Sigh.

Just come back from Blur at Hyde Park. Not really a massive massive fan, but enjoyed every second. Albarn is so charismatic. The setlist was simply hit after hit after hit, made me realise what a great band they are.

Back
Top Bottom