Belle and Sebastian

Jim Rome

Vulgar Box Pimp
I recently downloaded some of their albums, and listening through the first two, i'm not really impressed.

All of this with the exception of the song "Pop Renaissance". Man this song blew my mind!

I'm thinking of unzipping some of the other albums but instead of wasting my time with that "coom-byah" shit, i'd rather someone here tell me if they have any comparable songs to this one whether they be on full-length albums or some B-sides.

I'll download the suggested songs myself so don't feel obligated to post the actual music, but if you want to - NICE.

Why don't you try 'Sleep The Clock Around' from the album The Boy With the Arab Strap. Also try the song 'Legal Man' from their EP of the same name.

Funny thing is that the song you like (Electronic Renaissance) is the one hated by most of the people I know who listen to B&S.

"coom-byah" --aw that hurts.

I have to agree with What For, which tells me that if you don't like their style of music, none of the songs will grab you. Their songs have great melodies, and the lyrics contain some of life's observations and some great stories to tell.

Thanks for the suggestions. ;)

If you don't like If you're feeling sinister, there is no worth to try anything else by Belle and Sebastian

If you don't like If you're feeling sinister, there is no worth to try anything else by Belle and Sebastian

There's no rule for listening music, even someone doesn't like "If you're feeling sinister" now, s/he might change opinion later.

Better to give a chance than never. :)

They're growers. I bought their first 4 albums on recommendations, liked a handful of tunes but ended up selling off the CDs. Then I saw them live on the DCW tour...and it clicked for me. Re-bought all the CDs and they're in my top 10 now. For me Tigermilk and Arab strap are their best, tho' Life Pursuit is really good.

They're growers. I bought their first 4 albums on recommendations, liked a handful of tunes but ended up selling off the CDs. Then I saw them live on the DCW tour...and it clicked for me. Re-bought all the CDs and they're in my top 10 now. For me Tigermilk and Arab strap are their best, tho' Life Pursuit is really good.

Yeah, I figured they would be. There are so many bands that once you see them live, it just clicks. A similiar situation happened with me and Suede. I wasn't at all impressed with their studio recordings but when someone posted them live on this board, I dug them alot.

Back
Top Bottom