B-sides previews and covers

Oh please. Don't judge the song after hearing 17 seconds of it, please. I know it doesn't sound fantastic or anything, but why call it "shit," you shit? Stop trying to get a rise out of people.

Firstly, it was 30 seconds. That's, say, about an eight of the song filled with Morrissey warbling in that kind of half out of tune way the name of a perfume over and over trying to sound mysterious? I'm sorry, but it sounds dreadful. And I wasn't trying to get a rise out of people, just expressing an opinion until Comrade took personal offence for some reason.

dazzak said:
And, no, I don't produce fabulous paintings, or acerbic novellas, or genius pop songs, but I don't see how that precludes me from being an intelligent person capable of recognising shit when I hear it.

That's a really good point, because if we're not allowed to be critical then why should we be allowed to praise? But I do think you might be wrong about Christain Dior, it's hard to tell from such a small clip but I think it's got the potential to be something special. It will be interesting to see how much our views change after hearing the whole song.

always enjoyed your input to the board dazzak over the last year normally very constructive(wasnt overly keen when you made that joke about Moz being killed on April Fools day) but just put it down to immaturity. I do find though your recent posts have been very negative rather than constructive.
Just an opinion from a fellow Dub

Dazzak's always been a little ball of hate.
Lately, he's really been living up to it.

That's why we, or I, like him.

Lazarus said:
Where are those live bsides from ? does anyone know ?
They are from the last UK venue - London Palladium. (The show lots of people have but won't upload! ;) )

dazzak said:
Firstly, it was 30 seconds. That's, say, about an eight of the song filled with Morrissey warbling in that kind of half out of tune way the name of a perfume over and over trying to sound mysterious? I'm sorry, but it sounds dreadful. And I wasn't trying to get a rise out of people, just expressing an opinion until Comrade took personal offence for some reason.

Dazzak - I am terribly sorry. I didn't realise I was such a sycophant so you'll be pleased to hear it hasn't got me anywhere. I thought Moz would read my post and love me forever.

I recognise I am also an idiot for noting that when you spout on about the ROTT bside 'output' being mediocre, this must be relative to other periods when you believed (I hope) the 'output' was greater. Thus I threw Quarry into the mix purely because of the length of time between albums. What a fool I am!!

I understand that you were 'only expressing an opinion'. I would have to feel pretty comfortable with my own personal offering however, before I started branding about words like mediocre. Usually I would reserve that only for posts which include the line 'I was only expressing an opinion' not for the current works of the subject of this site, whatever their appeal.

Nothing personal.

Nothing wrong with criticising the Mozz, even if you dont agree with it. People should stop being so paranoid, we're all fans here, that's why, erm, we are here.

I agree actually that the B-Sides havent been that great lyrically, though Ganglord and particularly If You Dont Like Me... are catchy little dittys.

I dont think Mozzers song writing is as intricate and poetic as it used to be (though glimpses of it on songs like Pigsty, Dear God and Come Back to Campden, I Will See You...etc.), though that's not to say I dont enjoy the songs. If you look at how long he's been around though, how long he has been writing top quality songs (in itself a massive acheivement) a decline of sort it is a little inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom