Apparently they finished recording

Boz was done with recording very quick. I guess all he does is strum some basic rhythm guitar, them leaves it to Jesse Toblerone and Gustavo to do all the overdubs.

Boz was done with recording very quick. I guess all he does is strum some basic rhythm guitar, them leaves it to Jesse Toblerone and Gustavo to do all the overdubs.

I seem to remember Boz staying long after the rest during the finishing of WPINOYB. He posted a photo somewhere online of sheet music for the synth string part of "Scandinavia" after it was thought that tracking was wrapped up.

I seem to remember Boz staying long after the rest during the finishing of WPINOYB. He posted a photo somewhere online of sheet music for the synth string part of "Scandinavia" after it was thought that tracking was wrapped up.

He's Morrissey's "musical director", isn't he? I don't know what that entails altogether, but it probably doesn't entail clocking off a week earlier than everyone else.

If past is preface, I would put smart money on Boz being the last word on the final mix, barring only Morrissey and Chiccarelli.

Boz also got outright salty about being in South America for the better part of a month, so I'm inclined to think any tension would come down to homesickness and desire to either get back to his Serra Vista studio or the record store in Camden. Unlike the other band members, he has a lot of plates spinning not related to Morrissey.

I think "musical ditector" has to do with live performances and rehearsals. if memory doesn't fail, Boz posted about his Japan outing many weeks ago on FB.

Gustavo and Jesse are still there as well .
Source : instagram

They're still in Rome, but according to the Chiccarelli tweet, the recording of the album seems to be done. Gustavo, Jesse, and Mando staying to enjoy Rome is not a definitive confirmation of any issue with Boz.

Back
Top Bottom