Anyone listen to anything good today?

L

Laura

I turned to a station that came into existence recently in Southern Ca.; its a little place that plays WAY too much sh*t, but sometimes they make me remember nice times. It's a San Diego frequency that broadcasts only "90's" music. Nonetheless, I heard the same-old-same-old OMD "If You Leave" crap, but it reminded me of the great "Greatest Hits" they had...

I'm off to SecondSpin to try to find it. Any other suggestions while I'm there?

This message board is TOOOO fuc*kin' blase right now! Even with the retarded comments from GA and Suzie around...though, I haven't seen Suze in a while...anyone thinking the worst like I am?

Sorry, I am in a HORRIBLE mood right now!

Laura

Re: Try some Strokes..

..pardon the 'Carry On' humour..

You could experiment with the new 'New Wave' guitar indie pop of the Strokes.. I bought it yesterday (hot off the release and hype treadmill) and I actually enjoy its bouncy pop guitar melodies..

..sorry!

Vespertine

Love Bjork as I do - she's a genius, a visionary in this increasingly sterile pap pop world - I can't help but feel at best lukewarm towards Vespertine. I had a promo copy some weeks back, and I've really tried to like it, I really have.

After the glorious Homogenic, I was less than enamoured with SelmaSongs, and expected Vespertine to be much much better. A return to form, especially as Bjork has travelled extensively since 1997, and would have presumably been influenced along the way.

Apart from the lovely Unison, the whole album fails to grab me.... some of the tracks (Cocoon especially) are meandering, tuneless messes. Hidden Place is by far her weakest solo single, so maybe I should have expected less..... It's a shame, as a Bjork album is an EVENT.

Vespertine.....dare I say self indulgent?

His voice is annoying. I'd rather listen to deflating bus tires!

Re: Vespertine

Well, I've been through 4 spins of this new Bjork so far. You are right...with each track I'm wondering, "Ok, when does it start?". Each song seems to just die flat, never really going anywhere. Sounds like scrapped material from Radiohead's Amnesiac.

> Love Bjork as I do - she's a genius, a visionary in this
> increasingly sterile pap pop world - I can't help but feel at
> best lukewarm towards Vespertine. I had a promo copy some weeks
> back, and I've really tried to like it, I really have.

> After the glorious Homogenic, I was less than enamoured with
> SelmaSongs, and expected Vespertine to be much much better. A
> return to form, especially as Bjork has travelled extensively
> since 1997, and would have presumably been influenced along the
> way.

> Apart from the lovely Unison, the whole album fails to grab
> me.... some of the tracks (Cocoon especially) are meandering,
> tuneless messes. Hidden Place is by far her weakest solo single,
> so maybe I should have expected less..... It's a shame, as a
> Bjork album is an EVENT.

> Vespertine.....dare I say self indulgent?

some cds that are new to me that i like:

housemartins, the people who grinned themselves to death
ocean blue, cerulean
jimmy eat world, bleed american (check out "get it faster")
mikel erentxun, acrobatas or 7 anos

Re: Vespertine

It chill music. My new Bjork is the Joga single.. Listen to her remixes or the Sugarcubes for more energy or just plain loud. Telegram and It's It are both good as well as the remixes that Beck and Alex Empire do for her (even Grahm Massey). Serious respect to the top.

WOW, thanks for the heads up...yes, Post is one of my fav's.

Re: Anyone listen to anything/ SUEDE?

> I know I'm somewhat dated here but I've only recently been exposed to the band The London Suede which I gather is Suede formally or certain members of that group. Anyway my friend gave me Head Music and I think it is very very good. Does anyone know a little more about them like if there has been a subsequent album since Head or are their other albums comprable? (Yes, I do know Moz covered Insatiable)

I turned to a station that came into existence recently in
> Southern Ca.; its a little place that plays WAY too much sh*t,
> but sometimes they make me remember nice times. It's a San Diego
> frequency that broadcasts only "90's" music.
> Nonetheless, I heard the same-old-same-old OMD "If You
> Leave" crap, but it reminded me of the great "Greatest
> Hits" they had...

> I'm off to SecondSpin to try to find it. Any other suggestions
> while I'm there?

> This message board is TOOOO fuc*kin' blase right now! Even with
> the retarded comments from GA and Suzie around...though, I
> haven't seen Suze in a while...anyone thinking the worst like I
> am?

> Sorry, I am in a HORRIBLE mood right now!

> Laura

yadda yadda

You're an annoying little twerp. I wish that someone would come along and swat you.

Re: new Bjork today!!

what did you think of Dancer in the Dark? Magnificent wasn't it. :)

Re: His voice is annoying. I'd rather listen to deflating bus tires!

so,your momma's annoying looking,but we still have to phuck her.ewww,I've seen better faces on greeting cards.

Back
Top Bottom