Another trans discussion

gashonthenail

You will own nothing and you will be happy...
Boy George has got in trouble a few times with the Trans Taliban for saying things that are not 'on message' - I'm sure he has total sympathy for Moz and his trials by media for things he has said. So true that people who insist on being called 'they' are just desperately attempting to appear vaguely interesting. I also love his explanation for why he didn't perform at Live Aid - I was otherwise engaged chemically. Good line.

Boy George has got in trouble a few times with the Trans Taliban for saying things that are not 'on message' - I'm sure he has total sympathy for Moz and his trials by media for things he has said. So true that people who insist on being called 'they' are just desperately attempting to appear vaguely interesting. I also love his explanation for why he didn't perform at Live Aid - I was otherwise engaged chemically. Good line.

George isn't fecking wrong though, the new trans culture is evil in some ways, the treatment of women, kids and also it vanishes gay people . Most of us are pro-trans, as in "be what you want"
It's the new politics and the extremist types, its nasty

Like Douglas Murray said "im sorry love you aren't famous, you are just gay, get over it"

Before you co-opt Boy George for whatever hatred you're holding this week, he actually clarified his wording. What he meant was "My point when I said the thing about the pronouns was, you will never have a situation, when you encounter me, where you’ll have to explain yourself to the degree where it’s uncomfortable for you."

Also, when asked about anti-trans legislation in the US, he said:
"It’s disturbing, of course. I’ve known trans people for many, many years, and all the ones I know are just trying to get from A to B without getting attacked. I’ve been accused of being misogynistic because I won’t be anti-trans — this whole argument about trans people eliminating women. But I’m not anti-anyone. I’m not even anti-normal people."

Finally, see below:
Screenshot_20230902-102348.png

(BTW, I think anyone who isn't female or trans should stay out of that fight!)

Nah. Got trans friends and I know how miserable their lives are being made by people like fash when all they want to do is just exist and get on with their lives like everyone else. That's it.

Also, thinking like that is so shallow and insular. Next you'll be saying we (white people) shouldn't stand by or up for victims of racism because we aren't the ones who take the brunt of it, or we shouldn't stand by and up for people on lower incomes because we earn OK money. I can't imagine just not caring about other people just because you haven't experienced what they have. Sad way to live one's life

Before you co-opt Boy George for whatever hatred you're holding this week, he actually clarified his wording. What he meant was "My point when I said the thing about the pronouns was, you will never have a situation, when you encounter me, where you’ll have to explain yourself to the degree where it’s uncomfortable for you."

"It’s disturbing, of course. I’ve known trans people for many, many years, and all the ones I know are just trying to get from A to B without getting attacked. I’ve been accused of being misogynistic because I won’t be anti-trans — this whole argument about trans people eliminating women. But I’m not anti-anyone. I’m not even anti-normal people."

Finally, see below:
View attachment 94713
Have never expressed hatred for any trans person and never would. Was simply suggesting that Boy George must have empathy for Morrissey as he also has been at the receiving end of bullying and intimidation for simply expressing thoughts that 99% of the population would hold, i.e. that gender pronouns are bollocks. Boy George seems to be suggesting that debate and discussion on the topic are good - God forbid...
And by the way, Boy George is absolutely right - trans people are not a threat to women or female spaces. All trans people I have met are lovely people who would never hurt anyone. But men are a threat to female spaces.

Nah. Got trans friends and I know how miserable their lives are being made by people like fash when all they want to do is just exist and get on with their lives like everyone else. That's it.
I have trans friends and they tell me their lives are made miserable by people like you and the Trans Taliban who give ordinary trans people who just want to get on with their lives a bad name. Extreme trans ideology is setting back trans rights and gay rights by 30 years. I mean, attacking Boy George for being transphobic, do they (the trans ideologues) realise how ridiculous that makes them look?

I have trans friends and they tell me their lives are made miserable by people like you and the Trans Taliban who give ordinary trans people who just want to get on with their lives a bad name. Extreme trans ideology is setting back trans rights and gay rights by 30 years. I mean, attacking Boy George for being transphobic, do they (the trans ideologues) realise how ridiculous that makes them look?
I really struggle to understand the modern day obsession with the whole 'trans' thing.
Five years ago it was hardly mentioned at all.
The one positive aspect for me is that I now know what a pronoun is.

Finally, see below:
View attachment 94713
I think women decide who is a threat to them and their spaces, not Boy George, the sex offender. I am not one to run around screaming about the patriarchy, but I won't ever let men tell me what is acceptable to me and what is not. Being pro trans is definitely being anti woman, no matter what this freak says.

Signed,
A Real Woman

I really struggle to understand the modern day obsession with the whole 'trans' thing.
Because they make all these demands and freak out if you don't buy into their version of reality. If it's real, why must I be complicit in it, shouldn't it just be real on it's own? It's crazy, the trans people here in the US are absolutely nuts. After we legalized gay marriage, it got really bad with the gays first, they were super demanding and trying to force people to do things they did not want to do, due to religious convictions. Then the trans hopped right in and started being even worse.
Many more than 5 years ago I used to go to gay clubs (I am not gay) or go to clubs where there were lots of gays, trans, cross dressers, etc. and everyone peacefully coexisted and had a lot of fun. No one cared about who used which bathroom because it was not constantly being whined about and forced, people just picked a bathroom and went in. Everyone's gone mad.

I think women decide who is a threat to them and their spaces, not Boy George, the sex offender. I am not one to run around screaming about the patriarchy, but I won't ever let men tell me what is acceptable to me and what is not. Being pro trans is definitely being anti woman, no matter what this freak says.

Signed,
A Real Woman

Yeah, being pro-trans rights is not being anti-woman, seeing as most women, when polled, are supportive on trans-rights, while men are more anti trans. If anything, being anti-trans woman is likely just another form of misogyny, considering it's men that shore up the anti-trans movement.

Your post also indicates what being anti-trans really is, particularly your comments on gay people: repackaged homophobia.

What's your definition of a "real woman"?

Last edited:

Agreed. Trans people have existed in society for aaaages. Trans women have been using female bathrooms for decades, and no one batted an eyelid. A trans woman won the UK version of Big Brother when it was still mega popular, and people loved her - no one batted an eyelid. A trans woman was a major character on Coronation Street, and everyone loved her - no one batted an eyelid. Trans rights were cemented in the Equality Act 2010, and no one batted an eyelid.

I suspect that trans rights have come to fore because it's just another culture war issue (along with other "issues" like refugees, immigration etc.) being touted by powerful, vested interests to distract people from actual issues like the rich robbing us all the time, or the cost of living crisis or perpetual war.

Trans people are just another ball being kicked around by the elites to distract the gullible people from real actual issues. Unfortunately, distracting people with what essentially amounts to lies and propaganda works, in democracies and dictatorships. Trans people weren't the first metaphorical ball to be kicked around, and they won't be the last.

Signed,
A Real Woman
Boy George was convicted of assault and false imprisonment. He wasn't convicted of 'sexual deviance' as you suggested earlier - not sure how you are defining that but it's an unusual word to use in 2023 and an even more unusual word to use for a Suede fan - and he's not a convicted sex offender. He wasn't charged with any sexual crime and he wasn't found guilty of such.

Seems a bit strange that Alison Martino says Lulu's appearance was a great surprise and yet Morrissey was there specifically to see her, as if he knew in advance that she'd be there. I don't know if he's friends with her or Boy George. I could understand if Morrissey was friends with him back in the day when Boy George was cool and gorgeous, but now not so much. Lulu is a great link to the '60s, but I never have liked her really. (BTW, I think anyone who isn't female or trans should stay out of that fight!)

guess he must of knew in advance, why else would he be there? not there to see Boy! not with that hat! Lol.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Boy, or someone on Boy’s team, dangled the Lulu carrot in front of Morrissey as an incentive to have his presence at a Boy George show. Well, it worked!

Boy George was convicted of assault and false imprisonment. He wasn't convicted of 'sexual deviance' as you suggested earlier - not sure how you are defining that but it's an unusual word to use in 2023 and an even more unusual word to use for a Suede fan - and he's not a convicted sex offender. He wasn't charged with any sexual crime and he wasn't found guilty of such.

It's because she's a homophobe, as well as a transphobe. Sexual deviance is a term homophobes use to label gay people that make them feel uneasy.

I tried to explain this trans thing to my old dad, not that I know much about it. He thought it was like your Dame Edna, Les Dawson kind of dressing up stuff; men in frocks, I suppose. I'm not sure he was far off the mark in some respects, truth be told. His last comment on the subject was, "it's a load of bollocks, isn't it?" I left it at that. There are times when I wish I knew as little as him. Don't wish to cause offence, so don't have a go at me, just wanted to tell my little tale.

I tried to explain this trans thing to my old dad, not that I know much about it. He thought it was like your Dame Edna, Les Dawson kind of dressing up stuff; men in frocks, I suppose. I'm not sure he was far off the mark in some respects, truth be told. His last comment on the subject was, "it's a load of bollocks, isn't it?" I left it at that. There are times when I wish I knew as little as him. Don't wish to cause offence, so don't have a go at me, just wanted to tell my little tale.
This is a more intelligent attitude than some people have. All too many become invested in the subject and read all about it but still manage to end up hateful. Ignorance is better than stubbornness.

Yeah, being pro-trans rights is not being anti-woman, seeing as most women, when polled, are supportive on trans-rights, while men are more anti trans. If anything, being anti-trans woman is likely just another form of misogyny, considering it's men that shore up the anti-trans movement.

Your post also indicates what being anti-trans really is, particularly your comments on gay people: repackaged homophobia.

Spew the propaganda, it won't make it true. Trans are not women, they are mentally ill people playing dress up and demand everyone partcipate in the fantasy.

Spew the propaganda, it won't make it true. Trans are not women, they are mentally ill people playing dress up and demand everyone partcipate in the fantasy.

Why would I need to define it, we all know what a real woman really is. Not sure why you don't. It's definitely not a guy playing dress up telling you not to dead name him and you better respect his pronouns. I can tell what is not a woman, Dylan Mulvaney. So again, Boy George can shut his filthy sex offending mouth and leave real women alone to decide what is best for them.

Back
Top Bottom