Ailidh Lennon, singer from Sons & Daughters, talks life & supporting Morrissey, The Sun, Aug 14, 2023

1692040165863.png
AILIDH Lennon was once in huge noughties indie band Sons and Daughters, but she's since quit fame for a very normal job.

Musician Ailidh, 44, achieved four Top 100 singles with the Glasgow-based group, and even toured with Morrissey...
from - https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/23476214/ailidh-lennon-huge-noughties-indie-band-quit-fame/

Band resumé from 2012 of their support dates for Morrissey, with more info and footage of their music -
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/needmoz/viewtopic.php?p=31315#p31315

Last edited:
Yere, I saw them support him in London...can't remember what gig but they were really good. Better than a lot of the people he's had support him. Which begs the question..why hardly any support bands now?

Yere, I saw them support him in London...can't remember what gig but they were really good. Better than a lot of the people he's had support him. Which begs the question..why hardly any support bands now?
Think i saw them supporting him at Alexander palace on the ringleaders tour of 2006, not bad but a bit unremarkable.
Miss the days of old where you had Raymonde or James supporting, they made you sit up and listen. And i never got Kristeen, so a choice of her or the Human League doing Sound of the crowd from top of the pops and im with Phil and co.

I think a lot of support bands would typically be on the same record label. If Moz despises Capitol or vice-versa it would make sense for him to dispense with a support band. Maybe he'd have to pay a support band nowadays and prefers the free video montage he plays. Jaysuz but the opening video section is way too long.

Remember The Libertines supporting him at Brixton Academy? Relatively heady days.

Almost 21 years ago. Time… no friend of mine…

Think i saw them supporting him at Alexander palace on the ringleaders tour of 2006, not bad but a bit unremarkable.
Miss the days of old where you had Raymonde or James supporting, they made you sit up and listen. And i never got Kristeen, so a choice of her or the Human League doing Sound of the crowd from top of the pops and im with Phil and co.

That might have been the gig i saw them at. I didn't see Raymonde support the Smiths but I saw them do a headline gig at Essex Uni back in the day. Can't remember much. Only saw James during the Sit-Down yrs. Saw Kristeen at Hyde Park in 2008..........god she was awful..........worse than a dozen cats caterwauling. Saw Marion support him in 95...didn't think much of them. Phranc at Wembley Arena....made no impression. Doll and the Kicks I thought were great and I saw them do a gig at the club Stay Beautiful in Camden in about 2008. Other faves were The Johnson Family at Kilburn National 91 and Gallon Drunk.

That might have been the gig i saw them at. I didn't see Raymonde support the Smiths but I saw them do a headline gig at Essex Uni back in the day. Can't remember much. Only saw James during the Sit-Down yrs. Saw Kristeen at Hyde Park in 2008..........god she was awful..........worse than a dozen cats caterwauling. Saw Marion support him in 95...didn't think much of them. Phranc at Wembley Arena....made no impression. Doll and the Kicks I thought were great and I saw them do a gig at the club Stay Beautiful in Camden in about 2008. Other faves were The Johnson Family at Kilburn National 91 and Gallon Drunk.
Yeah Gallon drunk and Doll and the Kicks were ok. Took a date who wasnt into Morrissey to see him at Wembley in 2006 guaranteeing a good time and on comes caterwalling cat woman Kristeen which really didnt help. Moz was great, came on with Panic, but needless to say, never saw my date again, good times

Yeah Gallon drunk and Doll and the Kicks were ok. Took a date who wasnt into Morrissey to see him at Wembley in 2006 guaranteeing a good time and on comes caterwalling cat woman Kristeen which really didnt help. Moz was great, came on with Panic, but needless to say, never saw my date again, good times

never understood why someone would think it a good idea to bring a non fan (I assume) to a Morrissey show. I think it’s a rare that they’ll be won over in that setting.

For what it's worth best act I ever saw support Morrissey was P.J Harvey by a mile.

wish I caught that one. For me it was Gallon Drunk, though of course, their uniqueness seemed lost on the Moz fans still taking their seats.
Never cared for any of the indie/guitar bands he would have open, Marion stood out though.

For what it's worth best act I ever saw support Morrissey was P.J Harvey by a mile.
Birmingham NIA? She was incredible. I'd always liked her before then but yeh I have to concur.

Franz Ferdinand were quite a good support at MEN 45th birthday gig.

Anna Calvi in Dublin 2014 was mesmerising.

The worst one I saw, even worse than Kristen, was a band called The Boyfriends. f***ing terrible.

Other than in the headline, the article doesn't mention Morrissey. In brief, it says she was, and still remains, a complete nobody - like pretty much all of Morrissey's previous support acts. Who the f_ck cares what this person's job is now?

The song in the video was shite too.

never understood why someone would think it a good idea to bring a non fan (I assume) to a Morrissey show. I think it’s a rare that they’ll be won over in that setting.
Totally agree, but my date for the evening supplied the tickets, got them for for free, which was great for me but we didnt have much in common.
Other than a dislike for Kristeen.

Living on Iona and making pizza sounds pretty idyllic but my neighbour went on holiday there some years ago and contracted Lyme disease from tick bites. He had to spend weeks in hospital and still suffers recurring bouts of sickness because of it.

Saw Sons & Daughters support at Stirling Albert Halls in 2006. Easily the best band I've seen support him. Doll & The Kicks were the support in 2009 at the same venue, thought they were okay but a little too gimmicky. Saw Sack a couple of times but always thought they were rubbish(pun possibly intended!!). Nearly saw The Dead 60s at Edinburgh Corn Exchange in 2004, but it was a shambles trying to get into the venue that night. There were still people outside when Morrissey took the stage. Kristeen Young seemed to pass by unspectacularly.
Going way back, saw Easterhouse(with Craig Gannon) support The Smiths at the Edinburgh Playhouse in September 1985. They were pretty good, but my abiding memory of their performance was one of the guitarists(don't know if it was Craig) give an aggressive two fingered gesture to someone in the front row. Don't know if they shouted abuse or threw something, but it didn't go down well.
Don't have a problem with the video show 'support act', it depends on the songs. I seem to remember that the shows around 2006 had both support act and video show, the videos beginning almost immediately the support act left the stage.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom