7" Vinyl Boxset

just got word, i will not be receiving the promo cd.

Ditto, my friend.
They must've shifted rather niftily cos I thought I ordered mine pretty fast. Oh well, nevermind. It's the cover that counts......I think :o

think this could be our promo

Hmmm I'm not too sure :confused:

The website said that the promo CD was a one track This Charming Man - this ebay item has 4 tracks. It's the artwork from Still Ill DJ only record

From the Rhino website:
Rhino UK are proud to present “Singles Box”: a clamshell card box containing the first ten UK-issued singles in their original picture sleeves. What makes this particularly special is the two singles which are exclusive to this box set: These unique inclusions are the projected fourth single - “Still Ill” (which was pressed only as DJ promo “A” label) but was ultimately passed over and replaced by “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” along side the Dutch release of “The Headmaster Ritual” housed in it’s black & white “cowboy” sleeve – the rarest commercially issued Smiths’ single in any territory.​

The Still Ill CD is exclusive to the Boxed Set (along with Headmasters Ritual) - but will only have 2 tracks on each. This ebay item has 4 tracks - one of which is "There's a light" which doesn't appear on any of the singles listed in the collection.

It's clear that someone at Rhino has put a lot of thought into this and is attempting to tap into the wallets of avid Smiths Collectors. What I predict is that there will be a lot of confusion over what's standard issue, what's rare, what's promo, what's test pressing and what's mispressed (I suspect a lot of cock ups will be made in terms of art work / versions of songs / number of tracks etc...)

So, to sum up...buy it all :D

like a true sucker did order the boxset (also the cd and double cd at the same time)

probably never be played, add to the collection:eek:

i was one of the unlucky ones. never mind :tears:

So, we now know that they have sold at least 100 - just another 9900 to go...

I can see the piles of unsold stock in FOPP in the new year right now...

i was one of the unlucky ones. never mind :tears:

So, we now know that they have sold at least 100 - just another 9900 to go...

I can see the piles of unsold stock in FOPP in the new year right now...

New Rhino Smiths Release - Shall I Leak It?

I'm torn on this one. By pure chance, I have the web address of the Nov. 4th The Smiths re-issue. It sounds good. Do you all want it? Will you still buy it?

Conflicted.....:confused::confused::confused:

Re: New Rhino Smiths Release - Shall I Leak It?

Leaking a bunch of tracks that, in all likelyhood, every single person on this forum will already have.

That's some heavy duty shit right there.

EDIT: Just had another though - Now, obviously the tracks have been remastered, but unless they've been ripped in a lossless format it's not exactly going to make enough of difference be worthwhile.

Either way, leak or no leak, everyone already has the songs anyway.

Last edited:

Leaking a bunch of tracks that, in all likelyhood, every single person on this forum will already have.

That's some heavy duty shit right there.

Yeah, they're remastered. Thanks for being an a-hole when there was no need. Screw it. I'm keeping them.:angry:

awww... what about us non a-holes?

awww... what about us non a-holes?

Done. Check your private message for the new The Smiths advanced copy CD. I sent it to my dotcomrades on Moz-Solo.

I'm sure one of them with start leaking it on a wider scale. If you are desperate for it, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction. It should be all over the 'net by tomorrow. It is already showing up on a lot of scene release sites and getting rave reviews.

Tags
vinyl boxset label
Back
Top Bottom