2020 onwards live stats

Dusty Miller's Hornpipe

I saw a post the other day of an excel screenshot of what Morrissey has played so far this year. Being a bit of a nerd I wanted more, so decided to go back to 2020 and compile a similar list. Screenshots of it below and you can also view the spreadsheet. Formatting messes up when you do a sort.. column A will put it all back to normal. Will keep the spreadsheet updated.

Some 'interesting stats' below, and assuming he continues to play around 20 songs a show, Moz will sing his 1000th song of the decade on the 2nd night in Dublin.

Shows - 47
Songs - 73
Total play count - 909
Most played - Irish Blood, English Heart (46) Would have probably been 47, but wasn't played in LA when the shows was called off mid set. 🥶

Distribution
The Smiths
15 songs played 204 times

1988-1998
19 songs played 283 times

2004- 2014
13 songs played 140 times

2017-2022
26 songs played 282 times

Encores
The Smiths - 55 times (4 songs)
1988-1998 - 8 times (2 songs)
2004 - 10 times (2 songs)

Played at at least 50% or more shows
Irish Blood, English Heart (46)
Half A Person (44)
Jack The Ripper (44)
Knockabout World (43)
Everyday Is Like Sunday (41)
The Loop (36)
Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (34)
Our Frank (32)
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (29)
Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (27)
Rebels Without Applause (27)
First Of The Gang To Die (26)
How Soon Is Now? (25)
I Am Veronica (25)
Sweet And Tender Hooligan (24)

Where something wasn't released on an Album, I used the first time it appeared on a compilation.

1688586206333.png

1688586227398.png

I saw a post the other day of an excel screenshot of what Morrissey has played so far this year. Being a bit of a nerd I wanted more, so decided to go back to 2020 and compile a similar list. Screenshots of it below and you can also view the spreadsheet. Formatting messes up when you do a sort.. column A will put it all back to normal. Will keep the spreadsheet updated.

Some 'interesting stats' below, and assuming he continues to play around 20 songs a show, Moz will sing his 1000th song of the decade on the 2nd night in Dublin.

Shows - 47
Songs - 73
Total play count - 909
Most played - Irish Blood, English Heart (46) Would have probably been 47, but wasn't played in LA when the shows was called off mid set. 🥶

Distribution
The Smiths
15 songs played 204 times

1988-1998
19 songs played 283 times

2004- 2014
13 songs played 140 times

2017-2022
26 songs played 282 times

Encores
The Smiths - 55 times (4 songs)
1988-1998 - 8 times (2 songs)
2004 - 10 times (2 songs)

Played at at least 50% or more shows
Irish Blood, English Heart (46)
Half A Person (44)
Jack The Ripper (44)
Knockabout World (43)
Everyday Is Like Sunday (41)
The Loop (36)
Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings (34)
Our Frank (32)
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful (29)
Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (27)
Rebels Without Applause (27)
First Of The Gang To Die (26)
How Soon Is Now? (25)
I Am Veronica (25)
Sweet And Tender Hooligan (24)

Where something wasn't released on an Album, I used the first time it appeared on a compilation.

View attachment 92673

View attachment 92674
Interesting spreadsheet, thanks for sharing. (y)
Unless I'm misunderstanding, I think some of the stats which you quote (left column) don't tally with what your spreadsheet tells us (right column):

count.JPG

Unless the screenshot you provided was from an older version, of course?
P.S. Strange that the anomaly in each case is '3', with the exception of PPPLMGWIW (2).

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting spreadsheet, thanks for sharing. (y)
Unless I'm misunderstanding, I think some of the stats which you quote (left column) don't tally with what your spreadsheet tells us (right column):

View attachment 93279

Unless the screenshot you provided was from an older version, of course?
P.S. Strange that the anomaly in each case is '3'.
Yup, spreadsheet is up-to-date, but the post, so images, stats etc, doesn’t included last 3 uk dates. Will do that after tonight.

Took the liberty of putting some of DMH's data into a graph for the top 30 played tracks, as I always think a picture paints a thousand words:

live stats.JPG

This is the great things about graphs, you can see, at a glance, tracks which are being done to death, and those which aren't.
In my opinion, he needs to start thinking about resting Frank, Jack, & even Please Please...yeah they're crowd pleasers (for now) but they'll become stale quite soon, if not already. Knockabout & Telephone are neither pleasers, nor dis-pleasers, they're more 'filler' & add very little, so I'd dump them. IBEH, EILS, Suedehd, HSIN? are staples that should remain in the set, albeit with some rotation as openers/closers.
He's got so much stuff to choose from, but it might be that some of the stuff is beyond his vocal range now, plus his new band might not have mastered some of the other stuff. I've said it before, it's a tricky task for Moz selecting a set-list that pleases an expectant crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom