04-06-09 Minneapolis Show

Maybe Morrissey said a word for Gill Smith?...

just got back

this charming man
billy budd
black cloud
how soon is now?
irish blood, english heart
when last i spoke to carol
how can anybody possibly know how i feel?
i keep mine hidden
let me kiss you
seasick, yet still docked
that's how people grow up
death of a disco dancer
the loop
something is squeezing my skull
world is full of crashing bores
i'm throwing my arms around paris
sorry doesn't help
ask
life is a pigsty
ok by myself

first of the gang to die

strange crowd. nobody really seemed into it at all, very few people singing along or anything. the couple next to me sat the entire show....he threw two shirts and there didn't seem to be much of a fight for either one at all. the sound was AMAZING though and the band performed with quite a bit of energy. life is a pigsty was played in honor of gill. moz was in a very silly mood and was initially pretty chatty. there were many stage invading attempts but nobody succeeded. i tried myself and was roughed up quite a bit by moz's new security guy and also the venue security :-/ hope somebody caught it on video. i was bummed to not hear best friend on the payroll...hopefully this will come back soon.

Last edited:
life is a pigsty! so jealous. ive heard it quite a few times. but it seems particularly relevant these days.

just got back

this charming man
billy budd
black cloud
how soon is now?
irish blood, english heart
when last i spoke to carol
how can anybody possibly know how i feel?
i keep mine hidden
let me kiss you
seasick, yet still docked
that's how people grow up
death of a disco dancer
the loop
something is squeezing my skull
world is full of crashing bores
i'm throwing my arms around paris
sorry doesn't help
ask
life is a pigsty
ok by myself

first of the gang to die

strange crowd. nobody really seemed into it at all, very few people singing along or anything. the couple next to me sat the entire show....he threw two shirts and there didn't seem to be much of a fight for either one at all. the sound was AMAZING though and the band performed with quite a bit of energy. life is a pigsty was played in honor of gill. moz was in a very silly mood and was initially pretty chatty. there were many stage invading attempts but nobody succeeded. i tried myself and was roughed up quite a bit by moz's new security guy and also the venue security :-/ hope somebody caught it on video. i was bummed to not hear best friend on the payroll...hopefully this will come back soon.

Oh no, I hope they didn't mess up your hair! ;) Valiant attempt (the invasion and your quiff :D) Glad you got to hear Pigsty last night. Time to rest your bones now. :)

Oh no, I hope they didn't mess up your hair! ;) Valiant attempt (the invasion and your quiff :D) Glad you got to hear Pigsty last night. Time to rest your bones now. :)

haha! that was actually one of the first things my girlfriend commented on..."at least they didn't mess up your hair" :p i was VERY glad to hear pigsty. it's a wonder what a single song can do to the set list. rest i will, thank goodness i don't work until 4:30 today.

wow. is this the first time pigsty has shown up on this tour?
very lucky minneapolis!

wow. is this the first time pigsty has shown up on this tour?
very lucky minneapolis!

i think it's been played a couple of times already. still, i was VERY happy to hear something different. ESPECIALLY pigsty. it's amazing what difference one song can make...if only he would switch it up a bit more often.

Hi - new here and maybe there is already a thread about this but I searched and didn't find one

wondering if anyone compiled or can ID the pre-show videos that were playing @ the Mpls show?

in particular are two videos of possibly the same band
one was of a rather glam/pop band with a female lead singer - very 60s video with dancers probably from some variety music show

the other was a music video - woman lead again, long black hair w/bangs
three guys in band
they were in a city park - close ups of faces as they spun around on that merry-go-round spiny thing

any help? thanks
would love to know more of the other bands (besides the NYD)
show was great

Hi - new here and maybe there is already a thread about this but I searched and didn't find one

wondering if anyone compiled or can ID the pre-show videos that were playing @ the Mpls show?

in particular are two videos of possibly the same band
one was of a rather glam/pop band with a female lead singer - very 60s video with dancers probably from some variety music show

the other was a music video - woman lead again, long black hair w/bangs
three guys in band
they were in a city park - close ups of faces as they spun around on that merry-go-round spiny thing

any help? thanks
would love to know more of the other bands (besides the NYD)
show was great

band you're looking for is shocking blue. videos of theirs were venus, inkpot, and mighty joe.

I was glad to hear Pigsty, but was saddened to see that it was at the expense of Best Friend. That is the one song I'd most been looking forward to. Otherwise, it was great.

I got a signed album after the show, except it didn't say Minneapolis on it and it wasn't numbered. Just "Morrissey," which is good enough for me...

Back
Top Bottom