(01 May 2006 - 26 May 2006) : Two Hundred and Two Posts

Codreanu

Ohimè.
Wow. However reconciled you may be to the fact of not having a life, it never really dawns on you until...

Codreanu said:
Wow. However reconciled you may be to the fact of not having a life, it never really dawns on you until...

That's nothing! But if you hit 500 by tomorrow, that would be worrying! Then I might have to come and take you out for a walk - it would be our 15 minutes.. :p

Anyone with more than 162 messages posted this quickly definitely has a problem.

Don't worry kid. But if you're posting in some other forum as well... well then... nah, you don't have to worry.
At least you've got something to say. And by the way: you're one of the four persons who never get on my nerves around here. Of course that doesn't mean anything because I'm annoying myself...

Freya said:
That's nothing! But if you hit 500 by tomorrow, that would be worrying! Then I might have to come and take you out for a walk - it would be our 15 minutes.. :p
Oh, is that a promise? ;)

Less than three hours, and 296 posts to go...

Codreanu said:
Oh, is that a promise? ;)

Less than three hours, and 296 posts to go...

Chase me! Chase me!

I'm suprised Ringleader hasn't overtaken me and reached 500!

Congrats Codreanu . You are a legend.
Although I still don't know what your name means!

mauve21 said:
Congrats Codreanu . You are a legend.
Although I still don't know what your name means!
Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
(1899-1938) - Romania

"The founder of 'The Legion of the Archangel Michael', known also as the 'Iron Guard' from Romania. He is regarded as the founder of Christian-Nationalism, one of the most profound and spiritual nationalist ideologies. He began his battle as an Anti-Bolshevik militant during his years as a student in the city of Iasi.

Later on, he organized the complex social-political Legionary Movement and was elected several times in the romanian Parliament. He was murdered while under police custody on the orders of King Carol II. At the time of his death, almost 270.000 romanians were enlisted in the Legionary Movement. The complete story and references are on the official biographical site.

Alternate site (more varied, complete):
http://pages.prodigy.net/nnita/garda.html

[
zelea18tm.jpg

codcz21az.jpg

Last edited:
Codreanu said:
Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
(1899-1938) - Romania

"The founder of 'The Legion of the Archangel Michael', known also as the 'Iron Guard' from Romania. He is regarded as the founder of Christian-Nationalism, one of the most profound and spiritual nationalist ideologies. He began his battle as an Anti-Bolshevik militant during his years as a student in the city of Iasi.

Later on, he organized the complex social-political Legionary Movement and was elected several times in the romanian Parliament. He was murdered while under police custody on the orders of King Carol II. At the time of his death, almost 270.000 romanians were enlisted in the Legionary Movement. The complete story and references are on the official biographical site.

Alternate site (more varied, complete):
http://pages.prodigy.net/nnita/garda.html

[
zelea18tm.jpg

codcz21az.jpg

Why the hell name after a fascist... an antisemitic one even, to make things worse? You seemed like such a nice guy...

Oh! Of course, now its all so much clearer (sic)!
Interesting, but I'm not sure of the relevance.
You are obviously a very deep individual.

Sonar said:
Why the hell name after a fascist... an antisemitic one even, to make things worse? You seemed like such a nice guy...
I have no idea how else to answer than to say what should, in most other circumstances, go without saying: I neither identify nor agree with the historical Codreanu's activities nor those of his Legion (particularly under the leadership of Sima) in toto. However, I do share many of the ideals and convictions of this figure, and other period Nationalists: Mystical Christianity, an aggressive Anti-Liberalism, and Romanticism (these being all one and the same). None of these things may be very "nice" for some people but they are, nevertheless, requisites for Virtue, Beauty, and Union with Christ*.

Besides, if I really wanted to be Evil, my screen name be that of a Leftist, or garden variety Neocon...

*needless to say, I exist largely outside my own Ideals. :(

"I distrust every idea that doesn't seem obsolete and grotesque to my contemporaries" -- Nicolás Gómez Dávila (1913-1994 ~ Catholic Traditionalist)

Last edited:
Codreanu said:
I have no idea how else to answer than to say what should, in most other circumstances, go without saying: I neither identify nor agree with the historical Codreanu's activities nor those of his Legion (particularly under the leadership of Sima) in toto. However, I do share many of the ideals and convictions of this figure, and other period Nationalists: Mystical Christianity, an aggressive Anti-Liberalism, and Romanticism (these being all one and the same). None of these things may be very "nice" for some people but they are, nevertheless, requisites for Virtue, Beauty, and Union with Christ*.

Besides, if I really wanted to be Evil, my screen name be that of a Leftist, or garden variety Neocon...

*needless to say, I exist largely outside my own Ideals. :(

"I distrust every idea that doesn't seem obsolete and grotesque to my contemporaries" -- Nicolás Gómez Dávila (1913-1994 ~ Catholic Traditionalist)

Uh-huh. Sorry, but sounds bullshit to me. Mystical Christianity, Anti-Liberalism, Romanticism: fine. But the anti-semitic parts of Codreanu's legacy: what the? I don't understand why a person who claims to "neither identify nor agree with the historical Codreanu's activities" names after him when those parts are exactly what Codreanu stands for or at least what comes to mind first. I would never. It's not that I wanna get into a fight - don't get me wrong, Cod - I just don't understand why some politican full of shit becomes an idol. Even if he's had some interesting viewpoints: I'd never listen to what an anti-semitic person has to say.

i wish it was weird to me that many that seemingly otherwise forward thinking people do not see that
Sonar said:
I'd never listen to what an anti-semitic person has to say.
means

1. they may be committing the error of mistaking listening for endorsing
2. helping to perpetuate myths preconcieved notions such as 'Nietzsche' was a staunch anti-semite when not only is such an arguable at best but is easily arguable that anti-semitism makes for bad followers of Nietzsche
3. with 'thinkers' such as Freud, Derrida & Trotsky to name just a few, some of persons of note have labeled them 'anti-semitic'
so just from these few examples it should be clear that to put to practice the 'not reading of something' based on its supposed anti-semitic value might just help encourage it all the more

also, isnt it nice to have the confidence to be anti-semitic enough to not fear being labeled such?
:)

Sonar said:
Don't worry kid. But if you're posting in some other forum as well... well then... nah, you don't have to worry.
At least you've got something to say. And by the way: you're one of the four persons who never get on my nerves around here. Of course that doesn't mean anything because I'm annoying myself...

Who are the other 3?

Sonar said:

Cod - This is why my screen name is juts Moz backward!;)

zom

Back
Top Bottom