“It was dangerous sex (…)”: KrisTeen Young talks about her first meeting with Morrissey

An anonymous person sends the link:

“It was dangerous sex (…)”: KrisTeen Young talks about her first meeting with Morrissey - Blog do Marcelo Fialho

One day before the first concert of Morrissey South America Tour ´13, we´ve interviewed his opening act, Kristeen Young, about her upcoming album with Dave Grohl, meeting Morrissey and a lot more…

Excerpt:

*How was your first contact with Morrissey music? And your first meeting ?
It was dangerous sex, the meaning of life, and the best chocolate cake I’ve ever had. (same answer for both questions)

*What can you tell about your participation in “That´s How People Grow Up” ? Was this song composed thinking about your voice, or did you choose in a demo which one would you like to put vocals in ?
Morrissey brought me in pretty much after everything had been recorded. I didn’t choose the song. He chose ME for the song. He asked me to sing something operatic at the beginning. And that’s really all the direction I got. I remember at one point….during a break….he left the control room and came into the room where I had been singing. I was lying on the floor and he went over to the piano and started playing a tune. It was really soothing and I felt like that was a moment where we really bonded ….for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely she'll claim that was purposefully crafted that way. :p

I'm sure she will too. It'll be interesting to watch. Like a car crash. There's not really any way that she can justify using woah instead of woe is there? Unless she claims KY has a horse called 'is me' and it's not well trained...?

she doesn't even listen to a muse. :squiffy:

Oh Ultimate Sin! ...Because you think Morrissey does? :D

That said Morrissey does hear a variety of people on the internet (like those suggesting career as grave-digger, advising him to find a guide out of darkness, etc :) ) but you know, in one ear, out the other...Faces in the crowd...I imagine they're hard to remember.

As for KY and creativity, I think she does have it, and what's more, I think Morrissey is using it as a sort "look at me I support underground art, I sold loads of cd's that may sound like mainstream shit but I'm still cool and edgy that way. Andy Warhol!" That is not fooling anybody plus he senses that Kristeen's career is not going anywhere, Dave Growl or not, so that's a bit -very- lousy, but there you go, that's lovely Mozzy for you. Also, having a female with him is useful for loaaads of reasons. I don't think KY sees all of this, and I think she copies his style (like, his inane provocative remarks) because she thinks it might also work for her to achieve success, unaware he's the exception that confirms the rule that if you continually behave like an idiot, success will elude you. lol.

That said Morrissey may still just be an innocent helping hand and a lovely friend ... Take your pick. :D

As for innocence though...Gotta remember these guys are in their forties/ fifties and I don't think either of them is a stranger to using people. Works reeeeeally well so far. :D

Im the girl in Boz Boorers Slippery Forces, Morrisseys Scandinavia, Adam Ants Gunners Daughter. Put together Mafioso Funerals, nordic countries, and guns. You have miss S.O.S as in an immigrants daughter from Scandolando. I was the real victim of ringleader of tormentors as an almost gangrape victim. I adore Morrissey but I find lack of royalties disturbing. Loving regards.

Morrissey do you mind? We're trying to have a serious conversation here. Go take your meds, you're delirious again.

I'm sure she will too. It'll be interesting to watch. Like a car crash. There's not really any way that she can justify using woah instead of woe is there? Unless she claims KY has a horse called 'is me' and it's not well trained...?

I swim all day in a phonetic sea...

Regarding that reply on Fb, it's interesting that Kristeen doesn't think of life as a movie. I have seen the "Behind the Candelabra" preview and can see the moment when Morrissey will ask her to have surgery to look like his son. If she refuses (and why would she?), he'll ask his hairdresser, but with much regret.

Joking aside, of course life is a movie. How else would you explain the constant absurdity?

In my heart I still foolishly cling to the hope that Morrissey doesn't decorate the home he doesn't have quite like Liberace would, but other than that, life is a movie repeating himself, and the same characters return, with minor variations in degrees of obscurity and light.

At the moment,for Morrissey's life, it's...maybe... "Somewhere" by Sofia Coppola. The opening scene, still.
...Then quickly back to the Candelabra or a film with poor Jimmy Dean looking all unloved, gay, and miserable.. :D

Kristeen has learned not a thing. She joined Morrissey as his powers were fading and has stuck around as there is nothing she can do.
Tony tried to get Bowie to help that didn't work, then placebo, then stump...
Nothing happened, suddenly Tony works on Morrissey LP Kristeen hears and comes over uninvited to Rome.
After years of touring she is still nowhere. When not with moz she can't sell a room of 50.
Now Tony has the crap guy from David G nice but dim and nothing will still happen.
I used to like her but she has tried to be too Morrissey in her ways and and too limited in her approach, some of us Said she should be using guitars for ages.
Morrissey has a friend (female) but it was never kristine

of course she hasn't learned anything, or if she has, she's ignored the meaning behind the lesson. I don't agree with "has stuck around as there is nothing she can do." there is plenty she can do but seems unable or unwilling to strike out on her own, or the minimal striking out on her own that she has done has STILL gotten her nowhere ie 'can't sell a room of 50'.

Why the hell did she lose a manager so fast? One post on FB (i'm a semi stalker) was crowing that she has a new manager and what seemed like days later was stating that the manager was no longer with her. Creative differences? A manager that may have had better advice for her career than Tony V or Morrissey and Kristeen was too afraid to hop off the gravy train that is Tony V and Morrissey?

Now she's trying for a rockabilly sound. can at least give her kudos for trying something new that way, but who nudged her in that direction?

BTW---where's the KY crusader named Midnite. Sure do miss those posts. Thought that individual would have been all over this link like white on rice.

800 page answer. I went out with Morrisseys superfan. Boz Boorer is main songwriter to Adam Ant, and Morrissey etc. I ended up on lots of songs. I went to Boz house once, very rude. I dont know about Kristeen but I dated a guy called Steen after Morrisseys superfan and I always wondered. I dont think Kristeen is lying, I think shes very young. Boz is responsible for Morrisseys new sound.

of course she hasn't learned anything, or if she has, she's ignored the meaning behind the lesson. I don't agree with "has stuck around as there is nothing she can do." there is plenty she can do but seems unable or unwilling to strike out on her own, or the minimal striking out on her own that she has done has STILL gotten her nowhere ie 'can't sell a room of 50'.

Why the hell did she lose a manager so fast? One post on FB (i'm a semi stalker) was crowing that she has a new manager and what seemed like days later was stating that the manager was no longer with her. Creative differences? A manager that may have had better advice for her career than Tony V or Morrissey and Kristeen was too afraid to hop off the gravy train that is Tony V and Morrissey?

Now she's trying for a rockabilly sound. can at least give her kudos for trying something new that way, but who nudged her in that direction?

BTW---where's the KY crusader named Midnite. Sure do miss those posts. Thought that individual would have been all over this link like white on rice.

I think she must think working for Morrissey qualifies her as being a "failure." Once again she's mentioned it. She posted some songs from The Sound (they're deleted now) and mentioned that she identifies with the lyrics because they sing about failed careers or something. How she doesn't acknowledge that touring the world with Morrissey is in many ways a success baffles me. :squiffy: I guess working with Dave Grohl is a failure too? I can't figure it out.

I think she must think working for Morrissey qualifies her as being a "failure." Once again she's mentioned it. She posted some songs from The Sound (they're deleted now) and mentioned that she identifies with the lyrics because they sing about failed careers or something. How she doesn't acknowledge that touring the world with Morrissey is in many ways a success baffles me. :squiffy: I guess working with Dave Grohl is a failure too? I can't figure it out.

Maybe she sees "failure" because she's not where she thinks she should be---at the top, singing to millions on her own, being the headliner. To be honest, she has done ok. She's still playing, touring (at least with Morrissey) and making some kind of living for herself. Other bands/singers have long since dropped of the face of the earth and gone back to more mundane ways of paying their bills and taking care of their families. Could it be some subliminal dig at herself also that she considers herself a failed human ie no solid, stable relationship (even if she is with Tony V as most are guessing), no family, no children (I shudder to think of her as a mother, but you never know, maybe motherhood would change her for the better). Personally, I think she is a spoiled individual who is always craving more and just can't get it, even though she's had it pretty good (maybe not in her eyes, but from where I sit, I think she's walking a fairly decent life-I wouldn't mind a sugar daddy to foot my bills or help me live in Manhattan). She lacks any humility and when she does display any, its too self depreciating to be truly cared about by others (maybe picked up finer detail points on that aspect from Morrissey?). I think she lacks true direction in her life--direction that she is in charge of--others are in charge for her, she lacks any guts to stride out on her own--too afraid of real failure, so she lets others keep her a-float.

I'm quite agree with the last post, but I would like to add that she said this kind of things just for beeing rude and divisive with all Morrissey's fans. She likes to repeat, under lines or cleary, again and again:" They hate me because he loves me, I'm underrated just because I'm so close to him"...and she will go on like this since the end of the world! Listen to her music if you could enjoy it, or ignore her completely, there is no other chance. Last, but not least, I got to say that Morrissey could be in relationship with someone and this person must be the only one who will close KY's mouth forever.

Last, but not least, I got to say that Morrissey could be in relationship with someone and this person must be the only one who will close KY's mouth forever.

Er... The only person who might be able to do that is the Mother of Dragons, and I don't really think Morrissey is her type...(too dandy, not sweaty enough.)
I don't think anybody can/ should close anybody else's mouth anyway... but people can close their ears! :)

I wonder if we'll ever hear from her again now that Morrissey seems to be at the end of his career, or at least at the end of touring all over the world. It's too bad she has chosen to remain attached to such an unreliable person like Morrissey. I'm not a huge fan of her music, but she does have a good voice, and it's unfortunate that things haven't really worked out for her this far into the game. I wish her good luck.

I wonder if we'll ever hear from her again now that Morrissey seems to be at the end of his career, or at least at the end of touring all over the world. It's too bad she has chosen to remain attached to such an unreliable person like Morrissey. I'm not a huge fan of her music, but she does have a good voice, and it's unfortunate that things haven't really worked out for her this far into the game. I wish her good luck.

Based on this last interview I think she's banking on riding the Grohl-Live-Performace-Train if she can figure out a way to slither into his graces.

In other news the video to a song on her new album has leaked:

(Props to beer and tivo'd Soup for this gem.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, don't worry, she knows how survive, it was all planned this time as the first time ( do you remember when "ugly" Moz fired her?), but now it is harder than the first time because I think Morrissey could be very ill and without influent people by his side. She got Tony Visconti by her side, I'm not saying she's untalented, but if she will sing in a Canadian festival Morrissey deserves to sing at Paris Opera or at Milano's Scala! Morrissey needs all our best wishes!

Based on this last interview I think she's banking on riding the Grohl-Live-Performace-Train if she can figure out a way to slither into his graces.

I would consider seeing one of her live shows, if it was a performance independent of Morrissey. Maybe it's a different experience altogether than when she is touring with him.

Oh, don't worry, she knows how survive, it was all planned this time as the first time ( do you remember when "ugly" Moz fired her?), but now it is harder than the first time because I think Morrissey could be very ill and without influent people by his side. She got Tony Visconti by her side, I'm not saying she's untalented, but if she will sing in a Canadian festival Morrissey deserves to sing at Paris Opera or at Milano's Scala! Morrissey needs all our best wishes!

So, are you saying the cancellation of the South American tour was planned? If so, how do you know that? On another note, KY needs to update her official website.

So, are you saying the cancellation of the South American tour was planned? If so, how do you know that? On another note, KY needs to update her official website.

No, I'm not saying that, I can't, I'm just saying Kristeen knows how to plan a great exit, as she did'it once again. she will go on with her own gigs. The tour was cancelled due Morrissey's illness and silly promoters, there is no need to be worried about Kristeen. Morrissey needs all our best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom